Champions League 24/25 | Matchday 2: October 1-2

LIverpool took some 15 minutes to get the right timing/covers on the press - and paid for it with a goal - but once they did they've been taking meeelan apart here. Sheer luck it's not 4-1 liverpool by now, already...

Brilliant goal via Gnabry, Musiala, rocket Guerreiro - scrapped for offside, but allowed by VAR this time!

Fecking hell the Bayern goal was class :drool:

Gnabry crosses to Musiala in the box, Musiala chests the ball with his first touch right into the path of an onrushing Guerriro who hit a first time volley into the top corner from the edge of the box

What a dive from Rudiger. That can't be penalty? He didn't even touch him.

Stuttgart have been better team.

Seeing Milan play at the San Siro always brings me back to that great week I thought we hit the jackpot with Potter :lol:

What a dive from Rudiger. That can't be penalty? He didn't even touch him.

Stuttgart have been better team.

Yeah good that it was overturned, Stuttgart deserve the lead here. We are awful.

Brilliant goal via Gnabry, Musiala, rocket Guerreiro - scrapped for offside, but allowed by VAR this time!
How on earth did the linesman think that it was offside? It wasn’t even close. I am very thankful for VAR because of exactly these situations.

This turkish ref didn't get the memo :mad:

Where's Cakir when you need him?!?! Tito Flo get on the damn phone

Goal Olise - super fast corner executed before Dinamo could get their defense sorted, quick thinking by Kimmich

Once again a matchday where I am grateful that VAR is a thing. Pathetic diving by Rudiger not getting rewarded, amazing onside goal by Guerreiro not getting ruled out. It's not a perfect system by all means but it does negate a lot of bad refereeing.

Maignan flapped for the first goal and inexplicitly shoved Reinjders out of the way, which left VVD open for the goal. Weird stuff that

I'm having a very hard time not outright rooting for Liverpool now with 3 Dutch players in the starting 11 and my messia in charge.

Will this result in banning or just flogging?

Getting flashbacks to Poch's masterclasses at Anfield and Old Trafford watching this.

Milan could have had no complaints if Liverpool did a Brazil/Germany this half.

I'm having a very hard time not outright rooting for Liverpool now with 3 Dutch players in the starting 11 and my messia in charge.

You'd just enjoy that.

The VVD header was so easy. A lot like the Arsenal winner at Spurs. It seems the game has evolved so much, teams are going back to basics and it's working.

Being dutch is punishment enough.

Your Messiah is turning Gravenberch into Rodri, so he might actually be THE messiah

This is the sort of thing you keep to yourself and take to your grave.

Well, this is that I guess. As poor as Benitez or that Solari season. The worst.
And let me guess he's excruciatingly slow and predictable with his subs and game management?

The San Siro is so annoying. Is that a recording or just a supporter with a bullhorn. It would do my head in being there. And what’s with the Union Jack being waved around behind the goal. It’s in the the Milan crowd. Weird place. Anyway should 1-5.

Our best half this season, great stuff.
I hope Stuttgart can beat Real aswell.

And let me guess he's excruciatingly slow and predictable with his subs and game management?

Always was like that, but tbf it’s not like we have great options at the moment.

No the two big problems:

• No Kroos means our build-up is crap. Very easy to press for any team. Jude sometimes helps out but then we miss him up the pitch. Tchou and Valverde ain’t no Kroos.

• This 433 or whatever formation doesn’t work. It sucks. Need to pack the midfield with 4.