Champions League 24/25 | Matchday 2: October 1-2

This is going to be weird getting used to this new format because it is now truly a league and groups don’t mean anything. Anyway its the big boys playing with Milan and Liverpool up with 21 finals between them with 13 wins split between the two. True European royalty.

So many games but not many games seem interesting

Games on over 3 days...

How the feck do people have time to keep up with this shit.

I'll check in when this is down to 8 teams

Last edited:
Games on over 3 days...

How the feck do people have time to keep up with this shit.

I'll check in when this is down to 8 teams
Only this week, because EL & Conference start next week.

People have been watching 3 days all the time!

I hope you're ready to get spanked by mighty Stuttgart!
You have to give the peasants the illusion they might rise above their station, otherwise you're putting down rebellions ever other year

Feels wrong to play in the CL on a Thursday like an EL/Conference League peasant...

Perfect example of a ref reacting to a player screaming in "agony" rather than just looking at the perfect textbook tackle the defender made.

Pretty sure we've got to the point now where real players are no longer being produced, and it'll just be FM newgens from here on out.

"Ryan Flamingo", feck off.

Feck, I still haven't gotten around to reading about the new format and how it works. I also still don't understand the Nations League.

Why is the commentator going on about away goal for Villa when they play 8 different teams. Surely it is the fact they are winning that matters.

Feck, I still haven't gotten around to reading about the new format and how it works. I also still don't understand the Nations League.
I didn't even know the europa league was doing the league format too! Also teams from CL no longer drop into the Europa anymore right?

if ever you needed a clip to illustrate why every now and again, there’s nothing wrong with adhering to the philosophy of ‘just fecking get rid of it’, that’s it