Champions League 24/25 | Matchday 2: October 1-2

Knowing them, there is some arsey reason for it, like it's an homage to the colour of Liam Gallagher's piss every morning.
Ironically Noel. Noel Gallagher designed it, some Oasis album anniversary or some shit.

That City v Inter game was similar to the Champions League Final. Not much quality in the final third and a point is about fair.

Weird game. Inter were far better first half, we were far better 2nd and they clung on a bit at the end. Funny game, you'd say Inter would deserved it more yet xg says City 2.3 Inter 0.6
Not helped of course by Inters inability to get a shot off from good positions and having no brain on the final ball.

What do you mean?

A physical side, defensive minded in big games, well-organised tactically, concede few goals, hard to beat. I associate them with the Atletico and Juve sides of mid 2010's.
Yeah but in possession they are progressive, play out from the back. They also play much cleaner than Atleti and are far more offensive.

What do you mean?

A physical side, defensive minded in big games, well-organised tactically, concede few goals, hard to beat. I associate them with the Atletico and Juve sides of mid 2010's.
They're not a particularly physical side and they're not particularly defensive minded in big games either. They're a lot closer to Arsenal than they are to Atletico Madrid

Celtic starting more Japanese players than Scottish players! :eek: Is this Nakamura's legacy? His freekicks used to be so sick.

Yeah but in possession they are progressive, play out from the back. They also play much cleaner than Atleti and are far more offensive.
Playing out from the back is the bigger difference, but it comes with the era. Let's not underrate the Atletico side I'm talking about. You don't win la liga ahead of great Madrid and Barca sides and reach two CL finals in three years if you only play defense and don't know how to pass a ball.

They're not a particularly physical side and they're not particularly defensive minded in big games either. They're a lot closer to Arsenal than they are to Atletico Madrid
They run so much it feels like they're playing with twelve men. Playing in 3-5-2 is a defensive orientated setup. You have five defenders when you defend near your box. I need to watch them in the league. They are defensive when I watch them in the CL, against City, last season in the second leg against Atletico.

Inter are energetic, organised and pragmatic, which does not mean defensive (like Atleti even in their pomp) or speculative (like Allegri’s Juve at their peak) in principle… they lack supertop players, yet a solid effort is good enough many more times than not.

Inter are energetic, organised and pragmatic, which does not mean defensive (like Atleti even in their pomp) or speculative (like Allegri’s Juve at their peak) in principle… they lack supertop players, yet a solid effort is good enough many more times than not.
I really enjoyed watching into tonight. Few sides look so comfortable at the Etihad. And show so much attacking intent

While I am not necessarily against the new CL format, it strikes me this is the European Super League by another name.
Starts off with 36 teams and before you know it, that gets progressively expanded….

Correct. Many people pointed this out when it was introduced. A single table means you can easily expand the club pool size in future editions.

Who’s to say it doesn’t expand to 48 teams in the next 6-8 years.

The 8 games schedule and playoff for all between 9th and 24th means you can afford to lose more points and still go through... Both City and Inter seemed more interested in the next league games coming their way on Sunday.

The 8 games schedule and playoff for all between 9th and 24th means you can afford to lose more points and still go through... Both City and Inter seemed more interested in the next league games coming their way on Sunday.
Yeah the worry is with about 18 points needed for top 18 and 10-12 to make the playoffs which the big clubs will win anyway. 1heres not real pressure, maybe towards the end when the groups are usually dead is when this one will pick up.