Champions League 24/25 | Matchday 2: October 1-2

Nobody does these beatdowns like Bayern Munich. Gotta hand it to them. Won't help them any when they inevitably get flattened by Madrid/City/Aston Villa in the KO rounds, but damn, they sure are peerless when it doesn't matter
How did you manage to sneak them in there? Villa - really?

Endrick should be subbed for shooting from there

3-1

Didn't actually watch the highlights of that game yet. Regardless, I'm hardly basing this on one match. I've been consistently watching him since his Schalke days and, apart from an impressive first 6 months or so, he's never been good enough to be a keeper for a club like Bayern.
i just started to type a response in favor of Nübel, but on second thought, you may have a point ;)

The scoreline doesn't even tell all of it, i'll just leave the timeline here:

QXc9ErA.png

that defensive shape from liverpool is quite interesting b/c it looks wide open but then space gets closed down really quickly

Great goal Endrick. Never do that shit again :lol:

Some shot power though. Adriano-esque.

Nübel won't play for Bayern. Terrible goalkeeper. 2 goals clearly on him.
Stuttgart deserved deserved a point at least.

Went out to Villarreal a couple years ago, same manager, so yeah, really
Emery-led side or not - I don’t think expectations for a Villa side completely new to CL football is going to be that high. Particularly downing a Cl behemoth like Bayern.

Stranger things have happened, of course. It’s just a bit odd, to say the least, to group them in with Madrid and City.

Endrick is lucky Ancelotti is busy trying to kill the ref. What a stupid shot with 2 players open. Lucky the keeper had a howler

Great goal Endrick. Never do that shit again :lol:

Some shot power though. Adriano-esque.
:lol:

That was pure luck, there was no power in that shot. He tried to place it and the GK absolutely fecked up.

His attempt is criminal considering the safer options on both of his sides.

Watched the last few mins of the Madrid game.

No idea how Rudiger gets away with that forearm to the Stuttgart player when he's in the air. You wouldn't get away with that in rugby.

Endrick should be subbed for shooting from there

3-1

Yup. Outrageously stupid decision.

Endrick is lucky Ancelotti is busy trying to kill the ref. What a stupid shot with 2 players open. Lucky the keeper had a howler

I can't believe Endrick ignores Vini and Mbappe and shoots from that far out :lol:

Insane

That was pure luck, there was no power in that shot. He tried to place it and the GK absolutely fecked up.

love all this posts

Barely any mention that he scored :lol:

Owh it was an insane decision to shoot and indeed very lucky the Gk messed up. But looked like he put some power on it, seen him do it in LaLiga as well. Might be mistaken though, need to rewatch.

Carlo doesn’t look like he is going to fix things anytime soon. Just awful.

I watched the Madrid game for Mbappe. I knew I should have watched Bayern.

Madrid are truly awful. The team is completely disjointed, they have no patterns of play and the players give the ball away like it earns them money. Ancelotti needs to get sacked asap.

love all this posts

Barely any mention that he scored :lol:
Why would anyone mention that? Anyone can score a long-ranger sometimes, it was one of the most stupid decision ever on a football field. He should be berated, I am sure he will be, not congratulated.

I watched the Madrid game for Mbappe. I knew I should have watched Bayern.

Madrid are truly awful. The team is completely disjointed, they have no patterns of play and the players give the ball away like it earns them money. Ancelotti needs to get sacked asap.
No, he must be kept at all costs. Think of what could happen if someone were to put out a functional lineup instead of a checklist of starpower

Imagine we do that and start losing :lol:
well you drew against Mallorca so i'm shitting my pants as we speak. Imagine what we would do in an easy game that hardly matters like this? :D

you may argue a good horse jumps only as high as needed, but sometimes you gotta practice the high jumps as well. There are teams that just perform as needed, but be honest: one arched eyebrow will only get you such far. Some time will come where you gotta put up or shut up. Feeling confident *this* Real can put up?

Last edited:
well you drew against Mallorca so i'm shitting my pants as we speak. Imagine what we would do in an easy game that hardly matters like this? :D
Win big of course. Then lose to Madrid when it matters

No, he must be kept at all costs. Think of what could happen if someone were to put out a functional lineup instead of a checklist of starpower
Take him back!

They might play decent football and lose at the end for a change. The feckers win even when they play like shit.