View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Devil81

I'd say Ineos will be looking at this situation with the attitude of writing him off in a similar way Arsenal did with Ozil.

There is little transfer fee wise in Casemiro and his wage far outweighs his physical ability now. I'd go as far as saying they may give him away to a Saudi side this summer, we simply can't allow near 400k a week to leave the bank for what we are getting performance wise. Nobody aside from the Saudi sides would take him on such a wage either, not even PSG.

mintyred

If the manager had any sense Casemiro wouldn't play again this season, I know we have some bad injuries but with him in the team it's legitimately like playing with a man down this season
Not really, he's been no worse than most of our other players, I think people are forgetting that, plus he's been playing at CB. When he hasn't played we haven't looked any better. Before he came our midfield didn't look any better. Casemiro gets extra focus because of his past success. Eriksen has been awful, as has Amrabat. Mount has been invisible when he's played. Those players don't get focus because they're not interesting. Casemiro is an easy target and football fans have a habit of getting caught up in media narratives despite watching the team every week.

Red Regista

What happened to WIlly Kambwala?
Surely he is a better option at CB than Casemiro? Is he injured too?

Casemiro is having a bad season, but he wasn't nearly as bad in midfield as he is at CB, which is understandable, as he is not a bloody CB!
He's done at PL level imo, but I have to defend him on recent performances, he's simply not a CB and absolutely not suited to play CB in a back four.
Maybe he could look a little better as the central defender in a back 3/5, but we all know ETH is not doing that.

Walters_19_MuFc

I actually thought he did pretty well today minus the mistake for the goal, but all it takes is a lapse in concentration and you get punished.

Red Rash

I actually thought he did pretty well today minus the mistake for the goal, but all it takes is a lapse in concentration and you get punished.
Yea agreed without the error it was a 7/10 performance. Shame the lapse in concentration happened though

mu4c_20le

Before the goal he dominated Tomiyasu and seemed up for it. Not a CB so he wasn't paying attention to the offside line.

arthurka

Not stepping up and not even bothering covering for the runner. Needs to be binned asap.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
More composed in the 2nd half but really his days should be numbered here at this point.

Sancho99

Before the goal he dominated Tomiyasu and seemed up for it. Not a CB so he wasn't paying attention to the offside line.
Not being a CB doesn't excuse you for a mistake like that. Absolutely comical. It was pure laziness.

Irwin99

Yeah that wasn't good for the goal. Recovered pretty well and hopefully we get some defenders back for the last few games.

BorisManUtd

Looking at whole game I don't think he was bad. But that mistake for the goal was enough to give him 3/10 for performance. It decided the game in the end and looked too poor to get over it.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Agreed. He’s public enemy number 1 these days however so any error is multiplied by 1000.
It's multiplied by 1000 because it's the sort of mistake you see kids and sunday league players make, not an experienced CL winner. He's taking the piss. He didn't even make an effort to cut out the cross. Guy is just coasting through games in semi retirement mode.

That's a ridiculous excuse. He's a professional footballer. Millions of amateur footballers out there who aren't centre backs know the importance of pushing up to maintain the offside line.

Gordon S

Arsenal were stuck in 2 gear all game, suited him quite well. Thats the kind of games he need to be able to look sharp these days.
Feel sorry for him that he is forced to play CB however, doesn`t come naturally for him at all.

Poor for the goal but the blame was more on AWB for as usual letting his man run in behind him.

Vidooq

• Header back to Onana while our yardbox is full with opposition players, penalty for Burnley
  • Sat down on his ass for no apparent reason, and Olise goes and scores thru the middle
  • Dispossessed in his own yardbox while under no great pressure by a Palace right back who I'm seeing for the first time ever, and Olise scores from that steal
  • Takes ages to line up properly for the offside. Haverz has all the time in the world to actually show his player where he wants the the ball. Then he fails to properly position himself
He has 500+ professional games played. In only 4 or 5 of those, he has played CB, and all of them are for United. He is making in game decisions that don't reflect his experience, even when he is playingin his preffered position. He either does not give a fock, or his legs are gone, and he is overcompensating. We should never, ever buy a player past 28 for big sums, let alone, one to play in a position where you need to run like you have 3 pairs of lungs.

Alemar

Until that moment he got sat down in the box by Gordon that was one of the best CB performances we've had in the league this season
Good off the line clearance today, the Ball was nearly fully in already.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Mostly pretty decent today with the Saudis watching. :angel:

Oranges038

He was ok I suppose, that was a great clearance off the line.

As a centre back, he reminds me of Paul McShane or someone like that, it's like he's always trying to recover from a mistake.

Sylar

He's very good at being in the right place at the right time inside our box. The less said about his positioning outside our box the better.
I dunno, inside the oppositions box, he manages to find himself in really good positions whether its from set pieces or when joining attack. Its strange.

He goes to ground way too easily though. Theres just no need.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I dunno, inside the oppositions box, he manages to find himself in really good positions whether its from set pieces or when joining attack. Its strange.

He goes to ground way too easily though. Theres just no need.
Actually, yeah, his positional sense in both boxes is good. I was more thinking about how often he gets caught out of position miles upfield. Bad enough when he's playing in midfield, an absolute disaster when he's in central defence. Which is compounded by his tendency to go to ground so often. Kind of hard to get back into position when you're sitting on your arse.

OverratedOpinion

He was ok I suppose, that was a great clearance off the line.

As a centre back, he reminds me of Paul McShane or someone like that, it's like he's always trying to recover from a mistake.
I was not paying attention and read this as Paul McGrath and got so confused for a moment.

Mike Smalling

There was a bit of everything yesterday, but did have some key defensive actions that helped us win the game. But the sooner we have two fit centerbacks, the better.

Rodgerzzz

The lack of comments in this thread suggests we've all made up our mind and know it's coming to an end for Case, which is a big shame because what a career he's had.

There was a moment in the second half when Isak got past Case and he went straight to ground to try and tackle him, however Isak rode it out easily before getting clattered by Amrabat. It's like he has little moments that cause us untold issues at the back but then in the same breath you've got him clearing balls off the line. I think his head his still there but he's just struggling to adapt to the physical decline.

He's been horribly exposed by our tactics this season, and being a makeshift CB is also no doubt exposing him in other ways, so I do feel for him in that regard. The lack of support he's had at the base of midfield has been a failure of the coaching staff for not adapting but also the club for not foreseeing we would need a more mobile DM to do the running next to him. For all the reasons above though, you just can't shake the feeling that his level isn't what it was.

So thanks Case, I've really enjoyed watching a real legend of the game at Man Utd, but I think for everyone's sake it might be the best to move on from our calamity show and find somewhere you can really enjoy the last few years of your career.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
"I mean I've done it probably two or three times, in my time at Real Madrid, playing centre-half.

”But everyone knows that I am a central midfielder. It's not a role that I like to do but, you know what, I do it with the absolute best will in the world.

"As soon as the manager asks the question: 'Would you be able to play in that role?' Of course, I would. Absolutely. I do it to help the team, the manager, the clubs, the fans. That is what you do. And I do it, as I say, because I'm delighted to help out if I can.

"I know it's something which, you use the word 'adapted', and it's something that I've tried to do to help the side but, yeah, I'm a central midfield player. All my life, all my career. Obviously, that is where I prefer to play.

”Obviously, I prefer to be further forward in midfield but, if the rest of the side was as per normal, it would be easier to slot in, I'm sure.

"But, as I repeat, I do it. I do it to help my team-mates.

"Everyone knows I'm not a centre-half. I'm a holding midfielder, that is what I've been all my life but my philosophy is you know when you're in a team, you do things to help that team and help your team-mates out. That's the key.

"There are different types of leaders. You know, there are leaders who show and lead by example. I guess that's maybe what I've been doing. Leading by example. I mentioned before that the manager asked me to fulfil that role in defence and I did it with great pleasure.

"You know there might be the odd error because I'm not a centre-half but it's still doing your best for my team-mates. I know they've been going all out and trying really hard to help me out there on the field in this new role.

”The great thing about football, the beautiful thing about football, is that it's what next that counts.

"We've got two lovely, beautiful games to come. The final match of the season to finish the league off in the good form to get a good result. And then we've got a chance to fight for a trophy at Wembley.

"It's been an interesting and exciting road to Wembley. We had the [Nottingham] Forest match, away there, and the amazing hard-fought game at home to Liverpool. Then we had that kind of crazy, mad semi-final against Coventry. So it's been an enjoyable path.

"The main thing now is to go into the final and enjoy that as well. Enjoy the game and enjoy the occasion."

Yik

Seeing him in person a few times last year, he was absolutely amazing. All action, all over the pitch. Real Roy of the Rovers stuff. Its such a massive shame his legs have gone. He's just got too many matches under his belt before joining us and his physical style of play means he cant play a Modric/ old man Giggd kinda role.