View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

strandty

Any one with a sound reasoning on how we actually get rid?

This signing is massively on the Glazers.

Complete panic buy and probably threw every plan the transfer team made out of the window when the ship was sinking and their ass was on the line after 2 big defeats for Eric in his debutseason.
Beg Saudi

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I don't think a captain of Man Utd has ever put in a worse performance than what we witnessed last night from him. Everything he touched turned to shit. Just woeful.

croadyman

I remember thinking at the time that red card against Southampton has affected him, however never saw such a sharp decline this season

El Jefe

He’s aged about 10 years being here.

It wasn’t the smartest of signings from a long term view but the way Ten Hag has played him since he joined has been nothing short of irresponsible both on and off the ball. Last season he paired him with an immobile Eriksen and allowed Casemiro to be a deep lying playmaker when he never had such duties at RM.

Coming into this season he played him as a one man midfield protector with two aggressively high No.8s. I have no doubt that we could have preserved Casemiro by putting him in better positions that wouldn’t expose his weaknesses.

Casemiro has been undisciplined ever since joining. Leaving the midfield position, running into attacking areas and just sliding all over the place. The tactical instructions and putting some structure on his game have been totally missing and it’s baffling because in Madrid he played within a defined role and hardly deviated from it.

Fallon d'Floor

He’s aged about 10 years being here.

It wasn’t the smartest of signings from a long term view but the way Ten Hag has played him since he joined has been nothing short of irresponsible both on and off the ball. Last season he paired him with an immobile Eriksen and allowed Casemiro to be a deep lying playmaker when he never had such duties at RM.

Coming into this season he played him as a one man midfield protector with two aggressively high No.8s. I have no doubt that we could have preserved Casemiro by putting him in better positions that wouldn’t expose his weaknesses.

Casemiro has been undisciplined ever since joining. Leaving the midfield position, running into attacking areas and just sliding all over the place. The tactical instructions and putting some structure on his game have been totally missing and it’s baffling because in Madrid he played within a defined role and hardly deviated from it.
I think after years of being perceived as a "water carrier" for Kroos and Modrić, he wanted to show that there's more to his game.

He now loves to get forward and wants to score goals. It's like he watched old videos of United midfielders from the 80's/90's and wants to emulate them. It's the exact opposite of what you want from your DM in modern football. McTominay is the same. Both chip in with goals, but don't do the basics right. A complete lack of discipline and positional sense. They're better in the opposition box than in the middle of the park. The only good thing that Casemiro offers now is an aerial threat from set-pieces.

Yaya Touré transformed from a holding midfielder and rotation option at Barcelona into a dynamic box to box CM at City. Casemiro isn't as gifted technically Yaya was 3 years younger when he arrived at City.

ten Hag's tactics haven't helped him, but age has also caught up with him. He gets dribbled past too easily now. It was happening a lot by the end of last season.

hobbers

Forget the physical side, he doesnt have the brain to be playing high level football. It's possible he never did but his physicality made up for it.

His first instinct whatever is going on anywhere on the pitch is to lunge in. He charged out 20 yards to wildly lunge at Olise and completely missed him for their first goal. He was doing the same thing vs City in the FA cup final last year and was responsible for their goal in 13 seconds.

Every single goal you can apportion blame to him since he came here follows that exact same pattern. Charge out of position, lunge at someone, miss by miles, fail to recover to prevent the goal/cut back. And it's never necessary, he turns manageable situations into desperate ones.

Baxquux

Any hopes of selling him to the Saudi’s for half decent money are quickly evaporating every time he steps onto the pitch.
Maybe. It's not one-for-one, given the CR7 glamour etc, but Ronaldo looked pretty washed out at start of last season prior to the bust-up and Saudi move. Not just his mobility but his shooting. It even took him a few games to start looking good in the Saudi League itself (there were rumours about grumblings from the ownership) . He's pretty much goal-a-game now. Casemiro's passing is erratic but probably still good enough to be the 'general' controlling things from within the centre circle in that league.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Forget the physical side, he doesnt have the brain to be playing high level football. It's possible he never did but his physicality made up for it.

His first instinct whatever is going on anywhere on the pitch is to lunge in. He charged out 20 yards to wildly lunge at Olise and completely missed him for their first goal. He was doing the same thing vs City in the FA cup final last year and was responsible for their goal in 13 seconds.

Every single goal you can apportion blame to him since he came here follows that exact same pattern. Charge out of position, lunge at someone, miss by miles, fail to recover to prevent the goal/cut back. And it's never necessary, he turns manageable situations into desperate ones.
Matete goal he was trying - and failing - to get involved in a give and go on the half way line, 5 yards from the touchline. While playing as a central defender.

Footyislife

Request to fellow United fans stop giving into the media narratives. It's only hurting our players and their value. Let's look at facts:

1. Statistically Casemiro is still one of the best midfielders in Europe scoring goals, progressive passes, and defensive actions at the age of 32 playing every week and out of position... Yes he's losing pace but Fernandinho/Toure/Carrick played CDMs till they were in their late 30s and so will Casemiro. Just got to pair him with the right player.

2. Imagine playing Carrick/Giggs every match in their 30s and playing them as defenders. It's just stupid squad building and management. No player could succeed. So while he was atrocious and responsible for 3/4 goals he's not the root cause of our failures.

3. Our failures are due to Ten Hags dumb transfers/loans and he ran the squad into the ground by not playing youth early to rotate. He plays youth when he has literally no other choice. Take it a level further, why would you give a decent manager with 0 experience building squads the contractual power to do so? And that's what our issue is

CloneMC16

That has to be one of the worst captain performances I've ever seen.

He should not play another minute this season. The amount of times he's been dribbled past this season after diving in has to be some kind of record.

Dearg hÉireann

That has to be one of the worst captain performances I've ever seen.

He should not play another minute this season. The amount of times he's been dribbled past this season after diving in has to be some kind of record.
Just listened to Talk of the Devil's podcast and they said he'd been dribbled past 8 times last night! The most by any player in the premier league this season.

He's quite literally fell off a cliff and looks like he'd rather be anywhere else. Hopefully Saudi Arabia are silly enough to buy him.

Kostov

Christ why was he even captain last night? Because he has won trophies for another club in another country? At least give it to Dalot, the guy at least tries.

Winrar

He won’t even be here next season anyway. So he’s wasting his time
It's so perplexing to me that a player can drop off so precipitously in such a short amount of time, and only at 32 years of age at that.

You look at his former midfield teammates Kroos and Modric who are several years older, and they constantly play at a high level like they have at least 3 more years left in their tank.

Casemiro yesterday looked like he won a competition to play for us.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
It's so perplexing to me that a player can drop off so precipitously in such a short amount of time.

You look at his former midfield teammates Kroos and Modric who are several years older, and they constantly play at a high level like they have at least 3 more years left in their tank.

I think that’s just the clubs they play for. We’ve ruined a lot of players over the last few years. Players will let their standards drop if their team mates aren’t up to the right standards. If he was still at Madrid he’s probably still world class. He’s playing with a bunch of losers with weak mentality.

El Zoido

It's so perplexing to me that a player can drop off so precipitously in such a short amount of time, and only at 32 years of age at that.

He’d still be looking decent if he was still at Madrid.

Irwin99

What I don't get us that this only only just turned 32 in Feb. It's not the 1980s, player should be lasting longer than this at the top level nowadays.

Have injuries caused his downfall or does he actually just not give a shit (that seems unlikely given his prior career)?
I doubt it's his attitude. The guy is one of the few actual winners we have in the squad-and by winners i mean League titles and champions leagues not just a league cup here and there.

Someone made a good point about how maybe the club wanted him to be like Fernandinho for City who was playing for them into his mid-thirties but that guy didn't have an ounce of fat on him. Also, City rarely lose the ball. By contrast Casemiro always looks kind of heavy and plays in a messy system. He just looks a wrong fit for a team that wants to play a high energy, aggressive game.

C'est Moi Cantona

I personally cannot stand him.

I’d gladly never see him play for us again. Although I’ve been saying that for nearly 12 months and yet he continues to play & today even got the armband.

So I fully expect him to see out his ridiculous contract all the while continuing to put in half assed performances, laughing & pissing around everytime he gets beaten or gives the ball away. He’s taking the absolute piss out of the club.
I don't know where you're getting this from, he doesn't come across as that sort of player/person at all.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I know it seems like he's lost his legs but his lack of positional discipline is baffling. He's either incredibly stupid or he's doing it on purpose. Can't decide which.

Winrar

I think that’s just the clubs they play for. We’ve ruined a lot of players over the last few years. Players will let their standards drop if their team mates aren’t up to the right standards. If he was still at Madrid he’s probably still world class. He’s playing with a bunch of losers with weak mentality.
He’d still be looking decent if he was still at Madrid.
I tend to believe this as well, especially looking at Sancho and Sabitzer for Dortmund.

Last edited:

Romez

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The worst signing under ETH. Yes worse than Antony (age).

This is the signing more than anyone else that shows you everything wrong with the club and the higher ups like Murtough etc.

Not only do you spend £60m on a 30 year old, you give him a 4 year contract? The fact that he's already so bad right now yet still has 2 years left on his contract is diabolical.

How there was no one in our club (ETH included) that thought hey maybe we shouldn't be signing 30 year olds for this much money is a joke.

If you're going to sign a 30 year old midfielder, you do what Arsenal and Liverpool did when they signed Endo and Jorginho. You buy them for £15m not £60m.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. The worst signing under ETH. Yes worse than Antony (age).

This is the signing more than anyone else that shows you everything wrong with the club and the higher ups like Murtough etc.

Not only do you spend £60m on a 30 year old, you give him a 4 year contract? The fact that he's already so bad right now yet still has 2 years left on his contract is diabolical.

How there was no one in our club (ETH included) that thought hey maybe we shouldn't be signing 30 year olds for this much money is a joke.

If you're going to sign a 30 year old midfielder, you do what Arsenal and Liverpool did when they signed Endo and Jorginho. You buy them for £15m not £60m.
It was madness. I said it at the time of signing, but people didn't want to hear it.

MrEleson

I’m not really convinced it’s because of his age. I mean he’s 32 not 38. He shouldn’t have declined this much. I think a lot of it has to do with the set-up. He’s destined to fail being deployed in that position and tactical set-up instructed by ten hairs.

Marching On!

He’s one of the most unintelligent players we have in the squad.

Any player with that amount of experience that still goes to ground and gets caught out of position so easily is just thick.

Nickelodeon

Reading reports that he’s dropped from the Copa America squad. That’s a massive blow to him tbh given he’s recently been named the captain.

lex talionis

Dropped from Copacabana as well. Barry Manilow is also appalled at the decline of Casemiro.

next_number_seven

He’s one of the most unintelligent players we have in the squad.

Any player with that amount of experience that still goes to ground and gets caught out of position so easily is just thick.
We used to be killed by our under 12 coach for diving in.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Andreas Perriera gets picked but not Casemiro.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Imagine the downfall, not being selected by Brazil after you had 75 caps and being named captain previously. And he is 32 years old ffs, he is not 36.

Roboc7

He’s been useless all season so being dropped by Brazil is fully deserved. At times this season he’s been pretty disgraceful with his effort levels and he simply can’t be at the club next season.

Irwin99

I don't think effort levels are a problem from him- he's one of the few actual winners of big trophies in the squad, which suggests an elite mentality. I think it's more the case that he's getting older, he's had injuries this season and it seems to take him ages to get up to speed. This is probably the first time in his career things have gone wrong for him so his confidence is probably shaken.

It seems undeniable that the system is a big problem as well. Statistically I remember Roy Keane having an excellent final season at United but he had Fletcher and Scholes doing a lot of his running for him while he got tackles in and dictated games. Casemiro has no such help on that front. Even if he did have more help, it might just be too much for him at this point.

Martial

Is there one single good player who wouldn't have regrets moving here since Van Persie?

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Is there one single good player who wouldn't have regrets moving here since Van Persie?
Majority of them has any regrets, hardly anyone wanted to move to other club even when they were left to root on the bench. The reason is quite obvious.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Bit early isn't it announcing the copa America squad?

How do they know he wont score a hat trick in the fa cup final? :p