View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Devil81

I'd say Ineos will be looking at this situation with the attitude of writing him off in a similar way Arsenal did with Ozil.

There is little transfer fee wise in Casemiro and his wage far outweighs his physical ability now. I'd go as far as saying they may give him away to a Saudi side this summer, we simply can't allow near 400k a week to leave the bank for what we are getting performance wise. Nobody aside from the Saudi sides would take him on such a wage either, not even PSG.

mintyred

If the manager had any sense Casemiro wouldn't play again this season, I know we have some bad injuries but with him in the team it's legitimately like playing with a man down this season
Not really, he's been no worse than most of our other players, I think people are forgetting that, plus he's been playing at CB. When he hasn't played we haven't looked any better. Before he came our midfield didn't look any better. Casemiro gets extra focus because of his past success. Eriksen has been awful, as has Amrabat. Mount has been invisible when he's played. Those players don't get focus because they're not interesting. Casemiro is an easy target and football fans have a habit of getting caught up in media narratives despite watching the team every week.

Red Regista

What happened to WIlly Kambwala?
Surely he is a better option at CB than Casemiro? Is he injured too?

Casemiro is having a bad season, but he wasn't nearly as bad in midfield as he is at CB, which is understandable, as he is not a bloody CB!
He's done at PL level imo, but I have to defend him on recent performances, he's simply not a CB and absolutely not suited to play CB in a back four.
Maybe he could look a little better as the central defender in a back 3/5, but we all know ETH is not doing that.

mu4c_20le

Before the goal he dominated Tomiyasu and seemed up for it. Not a CB so he wasn't paying attention to the offside line.

Irwin99

Yeah that wasn't good for the goal. Recovered pretty well and hopefully we get some defenders back for the last few games.

BorisManUtd

Looking at whole game I don't think he was bad. But that mistake for the goal was enough to give him 3/10 for performance. It decided the game in the end and looked too poor to get over it.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Agreed. He’s public enemy number 1 these days however so any error is multiplied by 1000.
It's multiplied by 1000 because it's the sort of mistake you see kids and sunday league players make, not an experienced CL winner. He's taking the piss. He didn't even make an effort to cut out the cross. Guy is just coasting through games in semi retirement mode.

Before the goal he dominated Tomiyasu and seemed up for it. Not a CB so he wasn't paying attention to the offside line.
That's a ridiculous excuse. He's a professional footballer. Millions of amateur footballers out there who aren't centre backs know the importance of pushing up to maintain the offside line.

Gordon S

Arsenal were stuck in 2 gear all game, suited him quite well. Thats the kind of games he need to be able to look sharp these days.
Feel sorry for him that he is forced to play CB however, doesn`t come naturally for him at all.

Poor for the goal but the blame was more on AWB for as usual letting his man run in behind him.

Vidooq

• Header back to Onana while our yardbox is full with opposition players, penalty for Burnley
  • Sat down on his ass for no apparent reason, and Olise goes and scores thru the middle
  • Dispossessed in his own yardbox while under no great pressure by a Palace right back who I'm seeing for the first time ever, and Olise scores from that steal
  • Takes ages to line up properly for the offside. Haverz has all the time in the world to actually show his player where he wants the the ball. Then he fails to properly position himself
He has 500+ professional games played. In only 4 or 5 of those, he has played CB, and all of them are for United. He is making in game decisions that don't reflect his experience, even when he is playingin his preffered position. He either does not give a fock, or his legs are gone, and he is overcompensating. We should never, ever buy a player past 28 for big sums, let alone, one to play in a position where you need to run like you have 3 pairs of lungs.