Carabao Cup 2024/25 | Round three | 24-25 Sep

I didn’t like what I saw from the team v. Newport they had us on our toes for the most of the game until Bruno’s late goal. We had an unpleasing game v. Forest as well with Casemiro’s late winner. Both games would have been extra easy of they were played home.

We were having a very bad run coming to the Newcastle game we conceded 6 goals in a week from both City and Newcastle at home. I watch every United game and purposely missed both because I new the results with our form coming up to both and I’m sure you remember.
The Newport game was very comfortable over. They got freak massively deflected goal and obviously came out flying after half time but not a person in that ground believed there was going to be any other result than a United win, we were on the top for basically the whole game. Forest was a tougher game obviously but they'd been 2-0 up at Old Trafford in the summer too so no guarantees whatsoever it would have been any easier at OT. I've got to be honest I find purposely missing games weird behaviour so lets agree to disagree.

For anybody fed up with waiting, I am pretty sure we will be on Tuesday 17th September as City play Inter at home on Weds and we cannot play on Thursday as Premier League follows on the Sat.

Next game.

I’d rest much of our first team. It’s these games we got to be able to rotate.

Good chance to give players like Antony, Eriksen, Casemiro, collyer, Johnny Evans, a good run out, players that aren’t going to start once everyone is fit. Get them fighting for a spot.

I’d also start garnacho on the left. He hasn’t played as much as he’d like this season so far so get his minutes up.

Maybe rashford up top? More goals will help him.

Rest Bruno, zirkzee, amad, de ligt.

It's 11-11 on pens in the Fulham Preston match. :lol:

Is that one not dodgy? In a shootout once ball comes back out of the post it’s gone isn’t it? But went in off back of keeper

Is that one not dodgy? In a shootout once ball comes back out of the post it’s gone isn’t it? But went in off back of keeper
I see your point as in regular play it would be an own goal. But ultimately the ball is still in play. If it hits the post and goes in it’s a goal so bouncing off the GK shouldn’t be any different.

Michael Dawsons punditry is pure pub nobhead who only watches MOtD but has a season ticket at Doncaster

Izzy Christiansen is great though

I see united went “ poncing off to Barnsley “ with a big win. We need to give a team a hiding at some point too.

Another depressing result for Everton.
Not really fussed unless we lose at the weekend. He started only 2 first team players last night. Clearly he's putting everything into the game at the weekend, which of course can spectacularly backfire.

Spurs getting battered by Coventry at the moment, but score still 0-0. They look even worse than we did in the Cup semifinal

Spurs getting battered by Coventry at the moment, but score still 0-0. They look even worse than we did in the Cup semifinal
Just had a look at the stats, Spurs are playing half their first team and somehow haven't had a single shot. :lol:

Just had a look at the stats, Spurs are playing half their first team and somehow haven't had a single shot. :lol:
The stats don't even do justice to the chances Coventry have had - some poor quality in the final third has let them down.

ETH would have been (rightly) getting pelters if United were playing like Spurs are.

55mins in and Tottenham have had 1 shot and 0 on target. Angeball working well I see. Would be funny if they go out after all his fighting talk. :lol:

Let’s see if spurs receive the same criticism we would for only having 1 shot all game against Coventry.