Carabao Cup 2024/25 | Round three | 24-25 Sep

What kind of BS is this draw?

Six teams in Europe in one bowl and the rest in another.

Home draw against Barnsley, our 21's beat them in the EFL Trophy.

Of course City, Pool and Arsenal get home ties and avoid each other. Can't make this up.

Time for Wycombe to avenge that 8-3 loss to Villa many years ago.

Can't wait for Ten Haag to play as many first teamers vs Barnsley, Bruno will get ar least 70 minutes

Once before I attended a Man United v Barnsley game. October 1997 a 7-0 win, Andy Cole hat trick, two for Giggs and one each from Scholes,Poborsky.

Another year, same old boring home draws. Be nice to get an away Carabao tie for a change.

Good draw and gives us the chance to give some of the youth/squad players minutes.

Something like

Bayinder
Dalot - Maguire - Evans - Amass
Collyer - Eriksen
Antony - Mount - Garnacho
Zirkzee​

Good draw and gives us the chance to give some of the youth/squad players minutes.

Something like

Bayinder
Dalot - Maguire - Evans - Amass
Collyer - Eriksen
Antony - Mount - Garnacho
Zirkzee​
I have no confidence in that lineup. That’s how bad our system of play is.

The team Chelsea drew genuinely had me like...
conor-mc-gregor-who-the-fook-is-that-guy.gif

What kind of BS is this draw?

Six teams in Europe in one bowl and the rest in another.
If they did that with the FA Cup 3rd round draw then everyone would (rightfully) lose their minds. As it's the Carabao Cup - we'll shrug our shoulders and move in. There's no such thing as the 'magic of the Carabou Cup'.

I wonder what fixture it was that made them decide this was a good idea. I remember Newcastle beating City at St James' Park early on last season, and then subsequently beating us in the next round. They want the big teams separated early on to keep viewing figures up. Whatever it takes to stop the so-called 'energy drink cup' from dying on it's arse.