Carabao Cup 2022/23

Charlton at home is a handy draw. We should ease into the semi finals of this one, which ought to give us a real shot at reaching the final. Added bonus of likely being able to rest a few key players in this game, or have them available from the bench.

Draw's have been fairly kind this year haven't they? Nice change of pace.

I know it's just the Carabao Cup and all that, but getting into a winning habit under ETH would be massive, in my opinion. We have a good shot at a final here.

I mean we still drew Villa and Everton in the earliest possible rounds in both domestic cups plus Barcelona in the Europa so it's not like our luck has totally changed.

But yeah getting Burnley and then Charlton is the sort of luck we haven't had in the cups for a long time.

I mean we still drew Villa and Everton in the earliest possible rounds in both domestic cups plus Barcelona in the Europa so it's not like our luck has totally changed.

But yeah getting Burnley and then Charlton is the sort of luck we haven't had in the cups for a long time.
Burnley was a potential banana skin which, I thought, we coped with pretty well, so not really luck. Some of the draws we had in the last 20 years have been really tough.

Finally getting the luck of the draw again. Its been a while. Would love ETH to win a trophy in season 1.

Shame that Pep (which i respect btw) wants ALL bloody trophies and don't play League cup with kids

Assuming we beat Charlton and go into a 2 leg semi, we're heading for a big problem with fixtures if we manage to beat Barcelona. Not enough midweeks to fit them in.
True, let's lose them all so the guys can rest and clutch the 4th place. Trophies are for the ego anyway.

I simply do not have faith in the team against the likes of City yet (even Barcelona in the playoff games), hopefully that will change over time with better players brought in.
Our lack of a out and out goal scorer is also a massive worry for me. If we don’t keep a clean sheets I’m not that confident against any level of team, this being more so to do with the overall player quality than the managers.

I think we are one trophy away from having a massive weight lifted. Potential new owners, high quality signings in key positions and we can become a challenger again for sure. That’s what I’m pinning my future hopes on.
We beat Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs, and should have demolished Chelsea in the first half alone. There is an argument to be made that Barcelona currently aren’t better than any of these teams (they’re definitely not better than Arsenal and Liverpool). Yes City are better than all the aforementioned sides, but it’s not like they’re unbeatable either. Haaland did us from a corner when Varane was off the pitch to make it 2-0 and Varane went off immediately afterwards - that caused the collapse.

Newcastle could be 3 up here, Sean longstaff got to score first minute, hopefully score early goal otherwise Leicester could grow in confidence and go up the park and score themselves.

City to get Newcastle next round and us to get forest/wolves.

Comfortable for United, credit to Charlton they were game but huge gulf in class.

3-0 United

Rashford with two goals in the 90th minute

Boy can’t miss at the moment

Not gonna lie he has me kinda worried for the derby. Lewis is too young to deal with him, Walker half fit and Cancelo woefully out of form. Given Dias is off the boil this season too, I'm super worried about him running the channel between rb and rcb. When his confidence is up he usually doesn't miss either.

Not gonna lie he has me kinda worried for the derby. Lewis is too young to deal with him, Walker half fit and Cancelo woefully out of form. Given Dias is off the boil this season too, I'm super worried about him running the channel between rb and rcb. When his confidence is up he usually doesn't miss either.

Yeah hopefully it comes together for us

We owe you one

Yeah hopefully it comes together for us

We owe you one

Its an interesting couple of weeks, if Spurs beat Arsenal and you win both the derby and Arsenal game or even take 4 points from both I'd say you guys have fought your way into the race. If you could get someone to share the goal burden with Rashford it'd be super interesting to see.

Semi-final draw tomorrow after games? It'll be so difficult for anyone to beat City over 2 legs.

Its an interesting couple of weeks, if Spurs beat Arsenal and you win both the derby and Arsenal game or even take 4 points from both I'd say you guys have fought your way into the race. If you could get someone to share the goal burden with Rashford it'd be super interesting to see.

We aren’t ready for this yet. Very early days. Ten Hag has had one window and we are very thin.

Less than 12 months ago we were dire and the majority of these players are still here and involved in the squad. EtH is also still learning what his squad can do and shaping it moving forward.

I really like what he’s getting out of Shaw, Dalot and Rashford though and he’s really integrated Garnacho beautifully. If we could snatch a cup this season and get CL football it would be a great start to his era.

If we had a top CF…

We aren’t ready for this yet. Very early days. Ten Hag has had one window and we are very thin.

Less than 12 months ago we were dire and the majority of these players are still here and involved in the squad. EtH is also still learning what his squad can do and shaping it moving forward.

I really like what he’s getting out of Shaw, Dalot and Rashford though and he’s really integrated Garnacho beautifully. If we could snatch a cup this season and get CL football it would be a great start to his era.

If we had a top CF…

I'd agree with that, I think you struggle to put teams away a little but are super solid now. Adding Casemiro and Varane being over his injury issues seems to help. That said momentum can go along way and its hard to know if Arsenals nerve will hold. I'd still make us faves of course but we're really struggling to finish teams off too funny enough. (Chelsea yesterday aside).

We've been outta form since the Liverpool game and have only won in the league by more than 1 goal once in our last 6 matches. Not finishing teams off means results like the Everton one where they got a draw with an xg of 0.06 or losing at home to Brentford are more common than they should be. I can well see City finishing in the low to mid 80's for points.

Looks like united are gonna win their first major trophy in ages. Rashford is on fire.

Still need to get passed either or both City and Newcastle.

It’s not going to be an easy trophy to win but fingers crossed for an easy draw tomorrow

We have to get it through De Bruyne and Rodri to even reach that area of the pitch

We have to get it through De Bruyne and Rodri to even reach that area of the pitch

Will be interesting, I expect us to dominate the ball but if Bruno is on it, you guys can really exploit our high line. I think it'll be a closer game than many expect.

Will be interesting, I expect us to dominate the ball but if Bruno is on it, you guys can really exploit our high line. I think it'll be a closer game than many expect.
Nobody dominates the ball against us anymore. Our counter press is too good