Carabao Cup 2022/23

Just had a quick look at the Championship table (I dont really follow it) and see Burnley top. However although they score quite a few they've also conceded more than any in the top 12 except Swansea. So we should get through easy really.

After getting shafted by Uefa the other day....Peter and Dion were not having that happen twice in a week.

Great draw. I hope the game at the council house is a blood bath.

That will be a tough game. Kompany will be out for a result against us. Burnley are also top of the championship and playing some good stuff.

It could be tough as it depends who is available for us. It’s the midweek after the World Cup.

Still - it was great to see the City/Liverpool draw.

City getting the easy draw, again. ;)

Newcastle will fancy their chances too.
Surely they will see this as their best hope if a trophy in many many years. So yes they will be all out to win it

But we are also kinda desperate for a trophy (our best hope really)

Can always hope that he’s doing the World Cup final two days before, or better, has managed to piss off the authorities in Qatar during his stay.
Michael Oliver drink and disorderly in Qatar would somehow be the funniest story of the year.

Nice draw. If we get past burnley I'd love to see us get the winner of city and Liverpool at home next round. I'd expect both will rest some players rather than full on first team. Would be a great time to face them rather than a final.
And if we lose so be it

It doesn’t happen too often to be fair

We need more former United players picking the balls mate. It was highly amusing to see Big Pete and Dublin picking Man City vs Liverpool. :lol:

Well done boys. Next round draw to be done by Gary Walsh and Lee Sharpe maybe? :p

That will be a tough game. Kompany will be out for a result against us. Burnley are also top of the championship and playing some good stuff.
Have you actually watched them this season???

As far from a Dyche side as you could get. Play some lovely stuff.
Burnley are very good. It will be a difficult match.

They play nice football in the Championship but also leave themselves open and concede goals.

Sheff United put five past them the other week.

Should suit us.

Unless the final is Wales Vs Switzerland/Senegal who gives a monkeys’. Our lot will probably be home after the group stages of this farce.
I mean we only have a handful of players going (Henderson, TAA, Van Dijk, Konate, Alisson & Fabinho I think, maybe Thiago as well).

They play nice football in the Championship but also leave themselves open and concede goals.

Sheff United put five past them the other week.

Should suit us.
What's Kompany done to our beloved cold, wet, windy night Burnley?

It’s genuinely hilarious to watch non-championship watchers paint Burnley as a fearsome oppo, even though any team worth their salt would dispatch them with ease, stop being such bedwetters.

Won't be an easy game given they are (currently) on form and will continue to play during the World Cup, whereas we might be a bit rusty and missing some players. Should go with a strong team given the break.

Won't be an easy game given they are (currently) on form and will continue to play during the World Cup, whereas we might be a bit rusty and missing some players. Should go with a strong team given the break.
Nah, if they're still flirting with top spot, they'll be prioritising that ahead of the League Cup. We'll be fielding a stronger team than them regardless. We should be winning this tie comfortably.

If you consider Burnley at home a tough draw - then almost all draws are tough....

Very happy with the draw,would have been absolutely delighted if we had landed Gillingham/Lincoln/MK Dons/Charlton just because of when the game is.

They're not a day after. World cup final is a Sunday, no games on Monday.

Also on 2 team make the world Cup final, the majority others will be back much sooner
Few days after the World Cup. The players that make the semis though will probably miss it as they’ll need rest. 2 players that will start for them is haaland and firminho as they both miss the World Cup.