Bundesliga 2016/17

Brilliant first half for Hoffe. Nagelsmann trully schooling Ancelotti right now about the positional play haha. Most impressive.

Stonewall penalty not given. Nothing new in the Bundesliga.

So unless something drastic happens Bayern, Red Bull, Hoffenheim and Dortmund will be Germany's representatives in the CL.

Impressive game by Hoffenheim. Caused Bayern lots of problems in the first half and fought bravely in the second.

Deserved win for Hoffenheim, very impressive first half and great mentality and fighting in the second. We had enough chances to score 2 or 3 goals, but well...I hope we saved our luck for Dortmund and Real ;)

Username checks out
I am pretty sure if Guardiola watched the game tonight he would have been proud of the way Hoffenheim played in the first half - proper build up play wich creates superiorities all around the pitch. Quick tempo and nice attacking football.

I would like to put that Link to a New York Times article in here to discuss it:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/07/...decline.html?smid=tw-nytsports&smtyp=cur&_r=0

It mainly talks about the trend that there is less goals this season in the Bundesliga - or that were pressing was the "first" idea maybe two years ago it is now again more defending deep and tight again. They are somehow right - as I look into the last seasons and see e.g. what problems Bayern faced - from 2011/12/13 were we had really big problems against all this pressing teams until we started to be able to handle them more and more until this season were a lot teams go with three in the back what made it extremely difficult especially when Bayern was playing with a 4-3-3 (it even was difficult with a 4-2-3-1).

But - I do not know if this trend they talk about is really long lasting. The mentioned teams - especially Frankfurt and Hertha, aren't that good anymore in the second half of the season.

Didn't know Bayern-Dortmund is tomorrow :D
Yes it is, maybe they will not rest players for the Champions League matches.

Only by curiosity, how can an italian fan of Parma become an fan of Arsenal, nothing to do with an certain Cup Winner Cup final in the 90's right? :drool:

Yes it is, maybe they will not rest players for the Champions League matches.

Only by curiosity, how can an italian fan of Parma become an fan of Arsenal, nothing to do with an certain Cup Winner Cup final in the 90's right? :drool:
Their style of play back in time. Just this :)

Their style of play back in time. Just this :)
Ok, still remember some of the best teams Parma had in the 90's with Nevio Scala, Brolin, Asprilla, Zola and so on, and yes the best football Arsenal played was in the begginig of the century, better days will come for both clubs I guess. :)

Honestly, i can't feel any kind of nostalgia for Tanzi's Parma, given how that ended in the end. Great team, sure, successful, even entertaining at times. All on the shoulders of tens of thousands of parmalat employees who's lives were ruined because of it...

Regarding that NYT article:
I think the real problem of the league this season is that a lot of major clubs (Gladbach, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Schalke, Dortmund at the beginning of the season) are simultaneously underperforming big time. And if anything Leipzig show that the pressing idea is still very much alive and Hoffenheim seem to prove that you can play a variant of positional football, even if you don't have Bayern's or Dortmund's squads, hopefully Nagelsmann's success will inspire other coaches to be focused on possession.

Honestly, i can't feel any kind of nostalgia for Tanzi's Parma, given how that ended in the end. Great team, sure, successful, even entertaining at times. All on the shoulders of tens of thousands of parmalat employees who's lives were ruined because of it...
Me, too. He robbed and got rightly punished. Our supporters didn't deserve it though.

Regarding that NYT article:
I think the real problem of the league this season is that a lot of major clubs (Gladbach, Leverkusen, Wolfsburg, Schalke, Dortmund at the beginning of the season) are simultaneously underperforming big time. And if anything Leipzig show that the pressing idea is still very much alive and Hoffenheim seem to prove that you can play a variant of positional football, even if you don't have Bayern's or Dortmund's squads, hopefully Nagelsmann's success will inspire other coaches to be focused on possession.

You may already know but, @Pogue Mahone has a separate thread on the article. https://www.redcafe.net/threads/geggenpress-is-so-last-year.427944/

Ok, still remember some of the best teams Parma had in the 90's with Nevio Scala, Brolin, Asprilla, Zola and so on, and yes the best football Arsenal played was in the begginig of the century, better days will come for both clubs I guess. :)
I started following Arsenal after Henry joined them. Was curious to see if he was really a flop like it happened at Juventus.

I started following Arsenal after Henry joined them. Was curious to see if he was really a flop like it happened at Juventus.
Good taste, but my favourite one from that era was Robert Pires, what a player, at 36 years in Villareall he still was great, when you have class the physical condition doesn't affect your game so harder, but Bergkamp, Henry and Vieira were also very good.

Good taste, but my favourite one from that era was Robert Pires, what a player, at 36 years in Villareall he still was great, when you have class the physical condition doesn't affect your game so harder, but Bergkamp, Henry and Vieira were also very good.
Yeah, Bobby was incredible. But it's really difficult to pick up a player in that Arsenal formation. They were all outstanding and especially winners.