Bruno should never be captain again

Are some of you literally 12 years old?

Who should be Captain then? Luke Shaw?

Twitter level thread.

Bruno complains and moans far too much to be a captain. He’s so emotional that it’s become detrimental. His actions affect the team’s mood too. It’s either super high or super low. There is no controlled aggression. Were I Wilcox, I’d do my utmost to convince him that his best will come when he’s not captain and hand it over to someone like Martinez who’s far more controlled and is a natural leader himself.

Got to feel for Bruno , he made a couple of poor decisions lately but was also unlucky to be sent off twice.

He’s not in good form but the man would run through a brick wall for the club. It feels like there is too much pressure on him and I think it’s affecting his game a lot. He is trying to hard and forcing things far too often and with this maybe the captaincy is weighing heavy.

I do honestly believe that the captaincy these days is not what it was. The dire situation shows we don’t have many mentally strong players in the squad which says a lot about Bruno that he is at least willing to stand up and be counted.

It’s sad to see this happening to him as it’s painfully obvious playing for the club means a lot to him. He should not be an automatic pick though simply because he is captain - team selection should always be on merit and his current form is poor but not too dissimilar to many other players in the squad.

I don’t really care about who is captain. Rather than vilify Bruno when he gets sent off or put him on a pedestal when he gets a few assists / tops creation charts, it’s more important to acknowledge that he’s a good but not great player who we need to plan now to replace. The issue is that we are so busy shooting our selves in the foot fixing other issues we fail to get to the others like Bruno and others in time. Hence the cycle keeps repeating.

This may be an unpopular opinion but I think that going down in pain grabbing your face and/or head when no contact is made should be a straight red card .

Yeah play acting is just the absolute pits, but unfortunately it's never leaving the game. That being said, if it's as clear as day there was no contact, then said play actor needs an early bath.

The body language is a no. I work at senior level in a school, every morning we have a meeting and my head finishes by saying something along the lines of ‘we all look tired go put your best smile on and give everyone a lift.’

Does Bruno do that? Does he lead? Does he want it enough? He’s a great player but he needs to be dropped.

Eriksen, Maguire, Casemiro ,Onana ,Dalot

In that order, all preferable to Bruno as captain.

Not a huge fan of Casemiro but he's not a petulant twat
- Eriksen wanted out
- Casemiro threw a tantrum before the cup final
- Maguire was a terrible captain
- Onana's performance is still not up to the mark
- Dalot hasn't shown anything to suggest that he can be a good captain

The body language is a no. I work at senior level in a school, every morning we have a meeting and my head finishes by saying something along the lines of ‘we all look tired go put your best smile on and give everyone a lift.’

Does Bruno do that? Does he lead? Does he want it enough? He’s a great player but he needs to be dropped.
You all look tried? 6 weeks holidays not enough for you? Plus Easter, Christmas and what not? Pffft.

Like every claim to get rid of x without a suitable alternative.

At the time of Bruno becoming captain there was no other clear options, and I’d argue it’s still too soon for the others to take the armband even now.

It's always fun reading the cafe.
Moyes needed more time.
Welbeck shouldn't have been sold.
Maguire was a better captain.

Give it a few more months and McTom and Fred are the mid combo we need.