Brazilian Wonderkido - Endrick

I think he meant exactly that, that he was more the forward taking on an entire backline than the playmaker.

Agree with you that the reasons for him and Bochini being left out are not at all football related. In fact, whenever posters draw upon some fact implying it supports their case ("there's a reason why") they are completely wrong more often than not.

Bochini in fact was loathed by the regime, who were River fans. Unfortunately for him, his peak coincided with theirs, so only really got a handful of homage minutes against Belgium in the 86 semifinal. Both him and Maradona missed out on 1978 because River's Beto Alonso absolutely had to be there. Good as he was, Menotti clearly didn't prefer him, but had to comply.

There's a reason far more in line with the way the Argentinian FA and NT are run.

I thought that he might be talking about roles, yet I've mentioned that Diego wasn't the most accurate example because already in those years he played with a lot of sense and involving his mates, even in numbers he always had to the very least 10 assists per year.
The thing with him it's that his scoring ability was more a consecuence of his natural ability than role, because even more focused as forward, winger, he always droped deep since day one involving others and distributing.

Side note: people never talks about his injuries, specially the one in Barca, that was a huge issue in his life on every sense, winning major stuff after it doesn't give the real sense of how bad that injury was and how he changed after it, in and outside the pitch.

Yeah there is a lot of talk about some "out of football" reasons why Menotti didn't call them, but I preffer to avoid such view and just focus in this case that even for whatever reason he wasn't called, Diego in football terms was already ready to be part of that NT in whatever role and importance Cesar would like to assign him.

PD: Ranting a bit...

I always thought of Alfredo, Pele, Zico, Diego and Messi as wild cards Geniuses, their role is to be them.

From periods they'll do a more fixated one, due to what the team needs, the coach asks, their age, the size of the club that sometimes you have to play whatever space it's somehow free, etc and in the long term of their carreers some role might prevail. But at the end of the day, these players played of themsevels since day one and specially in their mature versions.

Doing an imaginary exercise related to their best traits, I always thought that even as wild cards, all around players, Pele for me is a perfect Forward, Diego the perfect winger and Messi the perfect direct and dinamic enganche/mediapunta with zillions of goals in him (a different sort of 10 than a Zidane, Riquelme or even Diego in such role). With Diego would be a crime to use him only in such way, but he had everything to the max to be an off the charts winger and due to Barca using Messi on a flank many people might end thinking of him better suit for such role than Diego.

I think Endrick is great and he will show it at Madrid. I want to see more of him and especially how he does in Europe, before I say anything about him with great confidence, but he should go on to have a great career in the continent, just not one of an all-time great IMO

Calling a 17 year old a clown :lol: A lot of people are acting like clowns at 17, without having the world at their feet as well

If anything I feel sorry for him if the people that surround him are only there for their self-interest and personal gain
This was so cringe that age goes out the window.

I already can’t stand him. :lol: Perfect for Real since I started liking them. But Endrick, Bellingham and Mbappe might bring them back into villain territory for me. Granted, we are not talking Mourinho, Ronaldo, Pepe levels.

Somebody needs to tell this kid Pele passed the ball more than occasionally. Zlatan watched the Brazil Uruguay game and thought Endrick was a bit self absorbed)

Everyone knows this is, of course, a joke, because Zlatan would never have lowered himself to watch all of that game.

Somebody needs to tell this kid Pele passed the ball more than occasionally. Zlatan watched the Brazil Uruguay game and thought Endrick was a bit self absorbed)

Everyone knows this is, of course, a joke, because Zlatan would never have lowered himself to watch all of that game.
He needs to watch the white Pele

well, i wish them both the best for the future but just read Endrick has gotten married at the age of 18 to a 23 year old model after less than a year of dating.

to quote Forest Gump - stupid is as stupid does

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...relationship-contract-influencer-partner.html
Perhaps it's inappropriate to talk about personal matters of a young fella thrown to the the jaws of notoriety at such an early age while knowing littile of what's going on so I blanket it through general statements.

Don't most footballers have pretty unhealthy marital relations? I'd imagine the way they're immediately under the limelight foe their mid teens with more cash to spare than any teen has the right to so leads to some very predatory characters entering their lives and deprives then of crucial development and maturation.

Many of them post retirement are barely different than a immature teen with too much money to spend and little real life applicable skills left to their own devices.

He may be marrying young but he’s an old soul. I hear he was considering playing the field but thought ‘What Would Bobby Charlton Do?’ and decided to put a ring on it.

Tbf marrying young is much more of a done thing in Brazil (dare I say in more ways than one if I recall from previous Brazilian footballers).

GXms-RjXIAAmH_A

Man? He was about 12 at the time.

"When I first saw Endrick, I didn’t know he was a football player. He was sitting alone in a mall, and I thought, ‘What a wonderful man! He has a seductive look and character.’ I felt he was the man of my life, my future."

"I fell in love at first sight, then discovered he was a Palmeiras player.”

He may be marrying young but he’s an old soul. I hear he was considering playing the field but thought ‘What Would Bobby Charlton Do?’ and decided to put a ring on it.

Tbf marrying young is much more of a done thing in Brazil (dare I say in more ways than one if I recall from previous Brazilian footballers).

Kaka?

Kaka got together with his ex wife when she was 15 and he was 20, if I recall. Wasn't one of our old players (I'm thinking one of the twins but could've been Anderson or Possebon maybe) dating someone like 13 years old when they were 18 or something?

Kaka got together with his ex wife when she was 15 and he was 20, if I recall. Wasn't one of our old players (I'm thinking one of the twins but could've been Anderson or Possebon maybe) dating someone like 13 years old when they were 18 or something?

Yeah, Kleberson I think.

Straight to prison levels in other words. That Kleberson stuff isn't even borderline pedo-stuff. 23 year old Miranda just married a highschool senior, legal but nasty. He's just a child getting hustled....

To be fair to the noncette, he looks about 40 and is already balding.

Bad decision but tremendous confidence.

This guy is going to be a star sooner than later.

GXms-RjXIAAmH_A

Man? He was about 12 at the time.

This is way too premature, almost like text book grooming, so I'm not too excited about this type of news. At the very least hope he gets focused on his football career and that he doesn't regret doing this later in his life.