Music "Boring" bands

Bole Top

I'll start with Sonic Youth. at this point I'm convinced some people are simply pretending to like them. I tried several albums and tbf I didn't hate any of them, but for a rock band, the biggest crime imo is not to have songs that doesn't stay in your head for a while. to me, they basically produce sound (noise), not songs.

when I listen to Doolittle by Pixies or something by Dinosaur Jr. from same year, I can't help but feel the difference is incredible. and honestly, I only love first 4 albums from Pixies anyway, while I feel Sonic could go on to play forever, release 50 albums and I still wouldn't get into any of them... which is basically the point of this simple thread - bands you simply can't get into for some reason.

so...

Mumford and Sons
Ed Sheeran

Virtually any white guy who plays acoustic guitar

Except this guy

hero-new-side.jpg

Imagine Dragons. At least Coldplay have actually made some interesting pop songs.

Maroon 5 for 90 per cent of their career.

Lewis Capaldi, actually far more boring than Ed Sheeran. Both of whom trade on "being ugly" as some kind of virtue.

RHCP, ACDC, U2. There's loads, but those are the ones that immediately pop up.

Found the edge lord people! We can all relax now.

(until someone mentions inevitable mentions The Beatles of course)
Nah, I think it's more about going on for too long.

Beatles would probably inevitably have made the same list if they'd kept going for another 30-40 years.

Although I admittedly own about 8 of their albums i always found REM to be a tad dull outside of the 3 or 4 actually good songs they have on their albums. Automatic for the people and Monster were good though, the rest are a bit meh!

AC/DC and Radiohead? Good god.

Anything Metallica or U2 have done in the last 20 years. RHCP post one hot minute.
Coldplay are kings of this. Post 3rd album kings of Leon. Went from being one of the coolest bands around to awful and boring at the same time

Coldplay
Travis
Kaiser Chiefs

Thinking of them 3 put such a downer on the evening I’m not going to think of any more.

Actually, after listening to their latest album and remembering the last time I saw them at Leeds festival I’m going to add Red Hot Chilli Peppers to the list. The latest Placebo stuff is utter drudge too.

Whenever Gary Neville does those quickfire interviews with current and former players, it seems like they all answer 'Coldplay' when asked who their favourite band is. I don't get it. To me, they come across as music for people who don't really like music.

Red Hot Chili Peppers. Hard to fathom how such excellent musicians with equally excellent influences can create music so dull. They have a few songs that I think are alright, but I've never been particularly excited by anything I've heard.

I never got The Strokes when they were huge. Saw them headline Leeds Fest about 20 years ago. I might as well have been watching mannequins. None of them moved. The singer sat on a stool. I still hear people rave about the debut album, but it still sounds as dull to me as it did back then.

Not a band, but about 95% of four on the floor house and techno music bores me stiff. I love electronic music, but I need a more interesting rhythm than just kicks on every beat.

I never got The Strokes when they were huge. Saw them headline Leeds Fest about 20 years ago. I might as well have been watching mannequins. None of them moved. The singer sat on a stool. I still hear people rave about the debut album, but it still sounds as dull to me as it did back then.
Didn't he have a broken leg when he was doing the stool thing?

Whenever Gary Neville does those quickfire interviews with current and former players, it seems like they all answer 'Coldplay' when asked who their favourite band is. I don't get it. To me, they come across as music for people who don't really like music.

Red Hot Chili Peppers. Hard to fathom how such excellent musicians with equally excellent influences can create music so dull. They have a few songs that I think are alright, but I've never been particularly excited by anything I've heard.

Not a band, but about 95% of four on the floor house and techno music bores me stiff. I love electronic music, but I need a more interesting rhythm than just kicks on every beat.
Haha, I noticed that too. RVN the latest one. Poor sods.

For me :
Coldplay
Mumford and Sons
Elbow

ACDC, U2 and Oasis.

And I have to add John Mayer.

Kings of Leon's first couple of albums were legit good then they completely lost the plot and creatively sold out.

Haha, I noticed that too. RVN the latest one. Poor sods.

For me :
Coldplay
Mumford and Sons
Elbow
Mumford and Sons sounds like an AI generated band created solely for radio. They are horrible.

I like Sonic Youth. Goo is a cracking album and Daydream Nation isn't bad either. They were probably my favourite band at uni.