Best striker in the world: Benzema or Lewandowski?

Who is the best striker in the world at this moment in time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At times this thread looks like it has Paco Jemez and Gary Lineker (in different years) discussing the topic :D

Jemez says in that audio that technically and decision wise Benzema reminds him of the best strikers he has played against, the best Romario, the best Bebeto, the best Ronaldo, how he makes the first touch and control and reads the game, he says that from the technical point of view he would struggle to find two players with that level. Then a journalist mentions Harry Kane and he says "with all due respect to Harry Kane, are you going to compare him to Benzema? I'm off to the gym".

Gary Lineker in 2017 vs Gary Lineker in 2022.

FNpA3v5WQAEOS9Z

I wonder how many goals would have scored the likes of Kane, Lewandowski, or Agüero playing along the ultimate goal machine that was Cristiano at Real Madrid.
I don't mention Rooney, cause he sacrificed himself for Ronaldo untill the portuguese left United, he knows what it is to play as second fiddle.
Neither Kane, Lewandowski or Agüero played as second fiddle to the greatest goalscorer in history, they were always the main target for their teams.

People bashing Kane I see. He plays for Spurs and the two mentioned play for Real and Bayern. He would be scoring 35 + for both those clubs.

Regarding the thread it's very simple. Lewandovski is the better striker, a true CF that is diying out in the modern game. Benzema is a more complete player that can adapt to his teammates (during the CR7 era and after him). For us Benzema would be a better adition for his link up play. Lewandowski needs constant service.

People bashing Kane I see. He plays for Spurs and the two mentioned play for Real and Bayern. He would be scoring 35 + for both those clubs.

Regarding the thread it's very simple. Lewandovski is the better striker, a true CF that is diying out in the modern game. Benzema is a more complete player that can adapt to his teammates (during the CR7 era and after him). For us Benzema would be a better adition for his link up play. Lewandowski needs constant service.

Who is bashing Kane?

I would actually say that Lewandowski is the perfect modern striker.

I can tell people are not watching him when they reduce him to just a finisher. This guy has impeccable ball control, his hold-up play is second to none, he wins his duels, pressing game is excellent, I don't see any flaw in him as a striker.

Lewa.

As for Benzema— I dont care how many hat tricks that criminal cnut who helped blackmail his own teammate scores. He is shit human in my eyes and that is the end of it. Not gonna glorify assholes

I would actually say that Lewandowski is the perfect modern striker.

I can tell people are not watching him when they reduce him to just a finisher. This guy has impeccable ball control, his hold-up play is second to none, he wins his duels, pressing game is excellent, I don't see any flaw in him as a striker.

As a passer he isn't as creative as Benzema that's the "flaw" that I would point to. But it's not to say that he isn't creative or a very good passer. Benzema is in an inferior striker of the ball but again that doesn't mean that he isn't a very good striker of the ball.

No. Why do people think that you can easily replace a different striker with the other?

Kane is playing in a team with about 50 % ball possession where he and Son are the king fish of the smaller pond. That is a real big difference.

With higher ball possession a lot is about making yourself available and sniffing out the two defenders that are on small room on you all the time - and if this two defenders are too strong or does not let him "win" the duel atleast make space for others.

Last edited:
Blatantly wrong though? Who can forget his 4 goal game against Real Madrid in the CL semi's? Literally one of the best striker performances I've ever watched in a huge moment
Obviously there will be some cases :lol: but I stand by what I believe. He doesn't do much when the going gets tough. Never really seen him do things to pull Bayern out of danger. Just stat pad.

They're both equally brilliant imo but i'm voting Lewandowski on the basis that he would have a ballon d'or in the season it was cancelled due to covid.

I’ve always thought Benzema was highly underrated in England. He’s outlasted Ronaldo at Real Madrid, he’s outlasted Bale. In Spain they value technical aspects more than just moments so the fact that he’s always been a regular and never been booed by the Madrid fans even when he was playing supporting role to Ronaldo says a lot about his all round ability.

I don’t know if he’s the best striker in the world because I think in the modern day it’s more about Forwards so you’d have to count players like Salah etc.

If Benzema scores 15 more goals he will become the second top scorer at Madrid ever. He's already the top assister at the club ever.

Benzema and tbh not that difficult of a decision for me. As a couple of others mentioned:

- He really shows up in big games for over a decade now. Lewandowski the first thing that comes to mind is that 4-1 against Real (which tbf also was a case of 3rd season Mourinho and Klopp outclassing him). He had his fair share of big game goals but imo not close to the consistency of Benzema. Even when he doesn’t score, he produces magical feats. First thing that comes to mind is the wizardry performed against Atletico where he dribbles past like 4 defenders on the line and it leading to an important equaliser. Don’t rate Lewandowski on the same level when it comes to big games.

- Artistry, Benzema at times really makes it look like art (the way Zidane/Iniesta often did). Producing wonderful stuff with that close control of his.

- Technically I think Benzema is in a league of his own, great dribble, first-touch, hold-up and link-up (Lewa is good at this but not close to Benzema). The way he can hold onto the ball and get out of tight spots is incredible.

Even when he isn’t in form he still is incredibly important to the team and at times single-handedly pulled Real out of tough situations.

There was a period where he was rather unlucky in front of goal but overall has been consistent for like 13 years now? A majority of which he played in service of Ronaldo.

Lewandowski I think does have an edge when it comes to that pure striker instinct but overall just isn’t on the same level as Benzema for me.

People mentioning Kane are clowning around, he ain’t even close and can’t help but feel it is part of the British media hype trying to get him in there.

If Benzema scores 15 more goals he will become the second top scorer at Madrid ever. He's already the top assister at the club ever.
Jesus, Ronaldo’s tally is freakish. Benzema going down as Madrid’s all time second top scorer and most assists is pretty insane though. What a player

Lewandowski is the better goal scorer (not that he's just a poacher though), but Benzema's all round game is better.
I prefer Benzema personally.

I think Lewa is, but benzema is unreal.......I actually think it's funny way English media talk like Kane is :lol:

He not close to these boys in my opinion and I rate Kane very high.

The hype is so bad with Kane at the moment they debating in the media is he the best passer of the ball in the premier League, as well as being the best striker alive.

If it is a close match and Bayern need a goal Lewa hardly shows up, he is great when it comes to running up the score though

Benzema is in the form of his career right now but I still think Lewandowski is better.

Waiting until a player has an awesome performance to go "see, I told you he's the best in the world" is pure wankery. Have some balls and do it after they feature on the end of a humiliating loss

Anyway, the answer right now is Benzema, although it's close between the two

It was Benzema all day long but after that miss it's Lewandowski again, IMO.

Lewa is a hell of a striker, but his game is almost fully dependent on his teammates. Before even looking I knew he would've little involvement in the game tonight against Villarreal.

not to mention, Lewa doesn't really play in real league.

edit: Benzema scores again. never a debate.

Benzema is on a CL knockout run similar to Ronaldos season when he was destroying Bayern, PSG etc on the way to winning it

I wonder what kind of career Benzema would have had if Real had never bought Cristiano Ronaldo and made Benzema the main main instead.

I wonder what kind of career Benzema would have had if Real had never bought Cristiano Ronaldo and made Benzema the main main instead.
Madrid would be worse off but we have seen what happened to Neymar if he did leave to escape an enormous shadow.

Current Kane yeah. Peak Kane? Kane that demolished City at the Etihad a few weeks ago?

Not a chance in hell.

Kane is good, don't get me wrong but he couldn't lace either Benzema or Lewa’s boots.

If Kane wasn’t English he wouldn’t be as highly rated as he is.

Edit: are you Paul Merson?

Not a chance in hell.

Kane is good, don't get me wrong but he couldn't lace either Benzema or Lewa’s boots.

If Kane wasn’t English he wouldn’t be as highly rated as he is.

Yeah I think that's hyperbole/nonsense.

It's one thing to say Kane is better (he's not IMO).

"Couldn't lace Lewa or Benzema's boots"? That's hyperbole/nonsense (take your pick). Then again I'm speaking of peak Harry Kane, not the one who struggled for form earlier this season, so maybe that's where the confusion is...