Best penalty Taker In The World?

Ruud was pretty good on his day, I can only miss him missing 2, one of them the one against Arsenal in 04 against the bar, the other one against Bolton, but otherwise he was brilliant at them.

Van Nistelrooy also missed quite a few penalties for Madrid, one that stood out from what I remember was a last gasp one against Lyon. He's also been criticised by his own manager (Ferguson) so whilst he is a good spot kick taker, since we're talking about the best in the world you would need someone close to perfection.

Whoever it is, they're definitely not left footed anyway. :smirk:

some MLS or American fans here might chime in here with better info but Landon Donovan seems to be pretty good. I don't recall ever seeing him miss one.

I'd go with Ballack, never seen him miss, and technically looks like he could hit it in any type of fashion...in any corner.

Features quite a few of his set piece exploits

I have never seen Ballack miss, or buckle under pressure. The cnut.

ballack-ovrebo_1398007c.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, Ballack missed penalties at Leverkusen and Bayern. Good but hardly the best.

Alan Shearer for sure. Top corner every time. No chance for the keeper whatsoever, whether he guesses correctly or not.

Ballack has missed one now!! Amazing stuff! Mind you, if I had my life riding on a penalty kick, I'd still have Ballack to take it.

Other good takers:
1. Shearer - always hit the target
2. Pirlo - good technique and temprament
3. Del Piero - the coolest of penalty takers - always looks so good!

any list that puts ruud van nistelrooy/ballack below gerrard...

not sure about that

You have to think of all the jammy penalties liverpool get when scores are tied/ they are losing by one and he steps up and converts, he is a great penalty taker. I can only remember he missing a couple but it seems he takes about 70 of them a season.