Bentancur racial slur

Quality irony from the Guardian.

index.php
ESPN beat them to it earlier in the Summer

poor @antohan, 43k posts on here, half of them explaining why uruguayans aren’t bad people.
The funny thing is that in everyday life (i.e. not on the caf/internet) I spend a significant amount of time explaining to people where all you nutters are coming from :wenger:

The good thing is this is far easier to explain than the outrage over a handball that resulted in a penalty and red card as per rules of the game

Id honestly love to understand what point you're attempting to make here.
That there's more to life than a racial slur. Trust me. In the big scheme of things, this is nothing.

You'll understand if, unfortunately, you ever have cancer. It's obvious you haven't because you're asking the question.

Meanwhile, the world had developed an ability to focus on more than one issue at a time.
Yes, and given some of those issues far, far more weight than they deserve. This being one of them.

Its hardly life or death. Only people who have faced it will understand, which given the fact your making this point, says to me you've luckily never faced it.

That there's more to life than a racial slur. Trust me. In the big scheme of things, this is nothing.

You'll understand if, unfortunately, you ever have cancer. It's obvious you haven't because you're asking the question.
Again?

Yes, and given some of those issues far, far more weight than they deserve. This being one of them.

Its hardly life or death. Only people who have faced it will understand, which given the fact your making this point, says to me you've luckily never faced it.
All these buddhist lessons seem to have made a number on you.

First LuckyScout's thread, now this one. You're on a roll.

It’s hardly life or death. Only people who have faced it will understand, which given the fact your making this point, says to me you've luckily never faced it.
Personally, I think refs should stop giving red cards because of the war in Ukraine.

Suppose there is more to life than posting on Redcafe too. Bye.

Why would he get punished, but not all the Argentina Players? Don't get it ?

Whataboutism aside, people do hold football players to a standard that is often far beyond them.

This guy isn't very bright, he is currently serving a four match suspension for throwing a bottle at the crowd vs Colombia. Not only that, the tit actually hit the Uruguay fitness coach with it :lol:

There’s more to life than cancer. Trust me. In the big scheme of things, it’s nothing.

You’ll understand if, unfortunately, you ever face nuclear war. It’s obvious you haven’t because you think cancer is serious.

This is such horse shit.

Note I'm not saying Bentancur shouldn't be punished but that it's ridiculous Enzo is getting away with it.

Ever heard of empathy? It’s a thing you can feel towards those who have faced it. Some of us are capable of acknowledging even issues that don’t directly affect us.

This is such horse shit.

Note I'm not saying Bentancur shouldn't be punished but that it's ridiculous Enzo is getting away with it.

So they’re basically saying fhe buck stops with FIFA. I don’t see how the FA can claim it’s not in their jurisdiction because it happened in an international tournament, wasn’t Bentancur also on international duty at the time? Any player that plays for a club in England surely falls under their purview?

FIFA did say they were investigating the Argentina bus incident but we’ve heard nothing since they said that.

I still think it's fascinating how slow they are to react in certain cases. Bentancur made the slur on national tv in early june, no idea why it's taken them 3 months to charge the fecker.

Rewind to the Dier case and how much time they spent sorting that one out before he was finally banned. He charged into the stands at the start of march and 4 fecking months later they hand him a 4 match ban.
Don't worry, If it had been a United player and we happened to be playing a team in a vital cup game who just happened to have a board member who has influence on the FA, it'd have been done in a week or so.

cancer is worse than someone saying Koreans all look the same???

ground breaking stuff mate :lol:

There’s more to life than cancer. Trust me. In the big scheme of things, it’s nothing.

You’ll understand if, unfortunately, you ever face nuclear war. It’s obvious you haven’t because you think cancer is serious.

There's more to life than facing nuclear war. Trust me. In the big scheme of things, this is nothing.

You'll understand if, unfortunately, you ever get turned into a gelatinous, amorphous blob and are made to suffer alone for an eternity by a malevolent AI. It's obvious you haven't because you're typing on RedCafe.

Reactions: sizzling sausages
So they’re basically saying fhe buck stops with FIFA. I don’t see how the FA can claim it’s not in their jurisdiction because it happened in an international tournament, wasn’t Bentancur also on international duty at the time? Any player that plays for a club in England surely falls under their purview?

FIFA did say they were investigating the Argentina bus incident but we’ve heard nothing since they said that.
Typical FA double standards. Bentancur did not participate in an FA tournament and make the statement.

Why is the thread title not simply "Bentanslur"?

Nobody can talk about anything unless they've had cancer.

This is such horse shit.

I could easily understand it if the FA decided to wait and see what FIFA come up with, and then charge him if the punishment isn't severe enough, but i have no idea how their "It's FIFAs responsibility" excuse works, especially considering they just decided to go after Bentancur

I’m old enough to remember Paul Scholes being banned in the EPL for getting a red card in a completely meaningless friendly and the Premier League deciding that should carry over to Premier League matches.

I’m old enough to remember Paul Scholes being banned in the EPL for getting a red card in a completely meaningless friendly and the Premier League deciding that should carry over to Premier League matches.
Rooney, too.

Perhaps his argument could be, that there are plenty of conditions where you can't help but vocalise your thoughts, perhaps he has one of these.

Rooney's challenge was brutal. Pepe was lucky to survive:

Seeing a racial slur is not as bad as having cancer. He does have a point.

On the other hand, having cancer is not as bad as a meteor crashing into your house.

Yup. Some people don't understand that even if arguably true some things shouldn't be said in some contexts. What he's doing in that situation hasn't anything to do with being truthful, it's just minimising racism. You can compare anything to something arguably worse. But what's the point of doing so and what does the action do?

You're either on a wum or a moron....or both.

I could easily understand it if the FA decided to wait and see what FIFA come up with, and then charge him if the punishment isn't severe enough, but i have no idea how their "It's FIFAs responsibility" excuse works, especially considering they just decided to go after Bentancur
And, conversely, why doesn't FIFA see fit to go after Bentancur?

Bottomline is, the approach is inconsistent and kneejerk. Be it FA or FIFA, it's all largely media and PR-driven, with an unhealthy dose of bias subject to club/country involved.

In a nutshell, they don't really give a shit about racism.

Meanwhile, the internal review of Enzo Fernandez's case by Chelsea is peachy.
I'd just like to point out that this bellend was surprisingly not a Chelsea fan and had named himself after some leather cleaner.

chelsea-dubbin-leatherfood-p332-49323_image.jpg

I don’t see how it matters where the players were at the time seeing as they managed to charge Cavani for tweeting from his own shitter.

in the grand scheme of things everything is nothing. We all die and (allegedly) disappear into nothingness, so what does it matter at what age or how painful?

Did you know about mental trauma, intergenerational trauma?
Psychosomatic illness? Effects of stress in general on overall health? Including things your totally random yet degrading comparison masked as if it's some neutral stoic instead of being racism-defense.

Also, did you know, Asian people can also get cancer, so that actually doesn't change the equation whether it's okay to dehumanize an entire ethnicity because your grandpa in a white hat told you that is real comedy?

And, conversely, why doesn't FIFA see fit to go after Bentancur?

Bottomline is, the approach is inconsistent and kneejerk. Be it FA or FIFA, it's all largely media and PR-driven, with an unhealthy dose of bias subject to club/country involved.

In a nutshell, they don't really give a shit about racism.
I think we can all agree on that (the bolded). It's largely a lot of posturing to seem like they're doing the right thing.

The FA are just a complete joke. How they can ignore an incident like Enzo but ban Cavani for literally saying something friendly and in no way racist is just absolutely insane. These two cases are everything wrong with the FAs view of racism, looking for easy wins without actually considering how to tackle genuine racism.