Television Beckham's Netflix documentary

Jev

No thread on this yet? If I'm mistaken, mods should go ahead and delete this thread.

Just watched the first two episodes and thought they were fantastic, and frankly just the nostalgia trip I badly needed with all the doom and gloom around the club. Found it frank and funny with some wonderful interviews (God, I miss Fergie).

Have you watched it yet? Thoughts?

Can't wait to watch it, looks great. Nothing can compete with that period in terms of the nostalgia factor

If it's just him and his wife rabbiting on about each other than ill probably swerve that bit. Im all for the United nostalgia however.

Can't wait to watch it, looks great. Nothing can compete with that period in terms of the nostalgia factor
Just watched the first episode, it’s very good. I found it difficult to watch the Argentina game and Simeone incident knowing what was coming.

I remember at the time being disgusted by the way he was treated by Hoddle and the press, they were looking for any reason to turn on him. I still remember the Sun headline “10 brave lions and one stupid boy” an awful way to treat a kid. No analysis, no thought just an easy scape goat.

Just watched a couple of episodes, just finished watching the episode where we won the Treble and I celebrated the goals and was brought to tears haha. Great to have something to celebrate, given the situation we're in now. Also, you really get reminded of the culture that Sir Alex created at the club

I saw it was basically paid for and made by themselves so it kind of put me off. It’s not exactly going to be impartial is it? And I like Beckham.

I saw it was basically paid for and made by themselves so it kind of put me off. It’s not exactly going to be impartial is it? And I like Beckham.
Was The Last Dance impartial? It's not exactly an investigative journalistic inquiry. These things always require the endorsement and willing participation of the subject. It's no different to an autobiography. What I've seen so far is very, very good.

Does he address why he sold out to Qatar for the World Cup?

Watched the two first episodes today - it's a great watch so far! Plenty of United.

I think I'll pass on watching the spineless sell-out.

He can feck off. He's not relevant anymore and now he's taking more bleedin money from Netflix after his pockets were filled by Qatar.
I mean what could they possibly have to offer 20 years after their heyday

I just watched the first 3 episodes I enjoyed it. No different from an autobiography, so I don't see any issue. Lots of United participation.

Yeah, so much United, Fergie and so many players are involved - G and P Nev, Cantona, Keane, Scholes, Ole, Rio, Bruce, Ince

He can feck off. He's not relevant anymore and now he's taking more bleedin money from Netflix after his pockets were filled by Qatar.
I mean what could they possibly have to offer 20 years after their heyday

Becks was the first footballer to ever rise to such stardom and celebrity. Some insight into that might be interesting. He's far more worth a documentary than most other footballers in the last 20 years.

just watched the first episode.
Not being from England, i never really was aware of some of the post '98 comments made by Glenn Hoddle. To see a manager completely lay blame on a loss (a penalty kicks loss at that) on a player seems shocking.

Becks was the first footballer to ever rise to such stardom and celebrity. Some insight into that might be interesting. He's far more worth a documentary than most other footballers in the last 20 years.

George Best? Different era, of course, but I thought he was almost the equivalent of a Beatle.

George Best? Different era, of course, but I thought he was almost the equivalent of a Beatle.

Was he a global icon like Beckham though? I would wager not many people outside of the UK know of Best, anecdotally of course.

Just like we're begging for Qatar to bail us out from this predicament?

We barely can't even hold our principle for football yet we expect him to forgo 150M.

Double standard at it's finest

Check my posting history and you'll see I don't want them anywhere near our club either.

I had never seen the clip of Fergie singing before. That was a nice moment. His treatment of Becks during the whole Simeone thing shows just why he’s the best too.

just watched the first episode.
Not being from England, i never really was aware of some of the post '98 comments made by Glenn Hoddle. To see a manager completely lay blame on a loss (a penalty kicks loss at that) on a player seems shocking.
Same it was absolutely ridiculous. Also, they went out at the Round of 16, it's not like it was a final. They had even lost a group game so I don't think they would've won the whole thing anyway.

We barely can't even hold our principle for football yet we expect him to forgo 150M.

Speak for yourself.

They're footballers. All documentaries are promotional and profit oriented. Why so cynical? He's just telling us his stories.

Supporting the club doesn't mean i need to become a fully paid up member of the Qatari tourism board. And yes, all our trophies will become as tainted as City's, Newcastle's, PSG's, Chelsea's and all the other clubs that sell their soul to bloodthirsty sportswashers.

Looking forward to Jack Grealish' documentary on all his conquests

Who's begging?

Supporting the club doesn't mean i need to become a fully paid up member of the Qatari tourism board. And yes, all our trophies will become as tainted as City's, Newcastle's, PSG's, Chelsea's and all the other clubs that sell their soul to bloodthirsty sportswashers.
How does enjoying a Becks/mid 90s nostalgia trip have anything to do with the above?
Edit: ah never mind that was more in response to the guy. Don't really think it's that big of a deal who a person signs deals with, they can do what they like in their personal lives imo.

Because we were asking if he covers the part where he sold out.
Yeah just edited the above, realized you were responding to that. But I'm not too bothered about why he did that, his life, can do as he wants. Love Becks the footballer just as I have any feelings towards any other footballer, as footballers. Couldn't care less about the things they choose to do off the pitch and (so long as they don't break laws/aren't abusers) then it won't impact my feelings about them as footballers looking back.

I can't watch this, trips down memory lane make me sad what with our current predicament :(