Arsenal vs Manchester United (Sun 28th July, 01:00 UK time)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Venue: SoFi Stadium, Los Angeles, USA
Kick off time: 17:00 local (27th July), 01:00 UK
Competition: RIVALS IN RED World Series
Channel: MUTV, Arsenal.com PPV Match Pass

TEG_Rivals-in-Red_Social-Sizes-and-End-Frames_1920x1080px_SERIES.jpg

Wondering why it's 8 days til our next preseason game (since the last one) then we have 3 games in a week. Glad we're playing some good teams in our tour though.

Edit: I suppose flying to the states etc takes a couple days to settle in. 3 in a week sounds intense but I'm guessing there'll be lots of rotation.

Us tours are good but it requires staying up till daft o clock in the morning.

I take it the likes of Zirkzee, Hojlund, Bruno etc will all be back for the Arsenal game?

I remember last year the unusual arrangement where we beat them in 90 mins and then it went to a penalty shootout which we won too.

I haven’t ruled out flying down to LA for the game but I’ve been disappointed too many times with previous United pre-season games in the US. But I haven’t been to a game at SoFi yet so there’s that to consider. I’ve driven by the stadium and it’s even more massive than it appears from aerial footage.

Wondering why it's 8 days til our next preseason game (since the last one) then we have 3 games in a week. Glad we're playing some good teams in our tour though.

Edit: I suppose flying to the states etc takes a couple days to settle in. 3 in a week sounds intense but I'm guessing there'll be lots of rotation.
Another reason of course is that we want to be using the players who've been at summer tournaments in these upcoming games - so we can't bring them further forward otherwise the players won't have had sufficient break between the end of the tournaments and the start of their pre-season.

All the games should be played in the home kits. Will help with concentration.

Would love nothing more than to win this.

I get it’s only a friendly, but Arsenal fans are just the absolute worst. Won f*ck all under Arteta yet act like he’s Pep. Act on a high horse situation with Greenwood when they actively play a rapist. Insert Saka into literally every debate, conversation, and get offended by everything. Absolute wet wipes.

I get it’s only a friendly, but Arsenal fans are just the absolute worst. Won f*ck all under Arteta yet act like he’s Pep. Act on a high horse situation with Greenwood when they actively play a rapist. Insert Saka into literally every debate, conversation, and get offended by everything. Absolute wet wipes.
I get the feeling you're not a fan of Arsenal fans.

I can get behind this. Bet we win a league before they do.

I saw the highlights of the city vs celtics game. The stands were noticeably empty. Does anyone know the attendance for that game? I am pretty sure our rangers game was almost full house and no doubt this upcoming arsenal game too.

Onana
Wan Bissaka - Yoro - Maguire - Amas
Casemiro
Mount - Eriksen
Amad - Sancho - Rashford​

Does not seem to be any tv coverage in Canada. I have both Dazn and Fubo TV and neither are showing this game, but they are showing other games being played in the US in the next week or so.

Any Aussies know if this is being shown on TV anywhere? Can’t seem to find it but I might be blind

Zirkzee is not in the squad, matey
Altay Bayindir, Diogo Dalot, Bruno Fernandes, Alejandro Garnacho, Kobbie Mainoo, Lisandro Martinez, Facundo Pellistri and Luke Shaw are also on leave following their international exploits.

I’d like to see a strong 11 start.

Onana
AWB - Yoro - Maguire - Amass
Casemiro - Mount
Amad - Sancho - Rashford
Hojlund​

I’d like to see a strong 11 start.

Onana
AWB - Yoro - Maguire - Amass
Casemiro - Mount
Amad - Sancho - Rashford
Hojlund​
Onana, AWB, Yoro, Maguire, Amass, Casemiro, Scott, Mount, Amad, Hojlund, Rashford.
Same formation.

Onana, AWB, Yoro, Maguire, Amass, Casemiro, Scott, Mount, Amad, Hojlund, Rashford.
Same formation.

Yeah would be fine with that as well. Wouldn’t be opposed to seeing Collyer given another start next to Casemiro if McSauce isn’t ready.

I assume Arsenal will line up like this:

Setford - Zinchenko, Timber, Kiwior, White - Partey, Jorginho, Ødegaard - Trossard, Jesus, Nketiah

On paper we have a stronger squad on this trip than Arsenal and especially Liverpool - both Arsenal and Liverpool have a decent first-11 but with only youth players behind those

I assume Arsenal will line up like this:

Setford - Zinchenko, Timber, Kiwior, White - Partey, Jorginho, Ødegaard - Trossard, Jesus, Nketiah

On paper we have a stronger squad on this trip than Arsenal and especially Liverpool - both Arsenal and Liverpool have a decent first-11 but with only youth players behind those
The Liverpool squad says its the initial one, and that others will join later. As we play them last, they'll probably have a stronger squad by our match will them.

Is there any suggestion we'll have the likes of Zirkzee, Bruno and Mainoo for the later games, or are they all missing the whole tour?

Is there any way of knowing if whole squad will be available for the community shield, and only miss pre season?

Why have Arsenal got a full squad? Didn’t their players go to the international competitions?

The Liverpool squad says its the initial one, and that others will join later. As we play them last, they'll probably have a stronger squad by our match will them.

Is there any suggestion we'll have the likes of Zirkzee, Bruno and Mainoo for the later games, or are they all missing the whole tour?

Im pretty sure I read somewhere in the Tour Thread that Zirkzee and Co. wont fly to the US at all.

Only three new Liverpool-players will join the squad - Jota, Konate and Gravenberch...Robertson is in the US but he wont play any matches due to an injury apparently. Jones got injured last night but Liverpool hope it was nothing too serious.

For us - this could be our squad for the second half - and that is a lot stronger (on paper at least) than Liverpool or Arsenal can field
André Onana – Harry Amass, Will Fish, Jonny Evans, Sam Murray – Toby Collyer, Christian Eriksen, Scott McTominay – Antony, Hannibal - Wheatley

So the strongest side Liverpool can field will be:
Caoimhin Kelleher, Conor Bradley, Jarell Quansah, Ibrahima Konate, Kostas Tsimikas, Wataru Endo, Ryan Gravenberch, Harvey Elliott, Diogo Jota, Dominik Szoboszlai, Mohamed Salah.

Arsenal are without Rice, Saka, Saliba, Raya, Ramsdale, Tierney, Tomiyasu - in addition Havertz, Gabriel and Martinelli will join their squad just days before the game against us, so they are unlikely to feature in that game.