Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Just watched the first two episodes of ‘Winning Time,’ the HBO miniseries about the Showtime Los Angeles Lakers, the Magic / Kareem era. Pretty good so far.

I stumbled across a series on Netflix as it started auto playing the trailer and I thought I'd give it a try. It's called Start Up and features Martin Freeman.

Turns out it's actually a cracking little series. Surprised I've never heard anybody mention it before, bit of a hidden gem. If you read an overview of what it's about then it might sound a bit 'meh' but there's a lot more to it than what is on the face of it and it's an enjoyable watch. I've just started the second series now.
Was wondering if it'd be mentioned here. I've been watching it over the past couple of weeks, and while I enjoy it, and feel it's very watchable, I feel it's lacking a bit of quality in the writing to make it a top notch show. Some of the stuff just happens too quickly, or without real logic, which is a bit of a shame. I also find Ronald's character to be a bit too cliché at times, playing on the "gangsta wants to get out of the game" trope with no originality whatsoever. But overall it's pretty good and very watchable.

I'm on the last episode.of S5 Better Call Saul. It's a brilliant series. Right at the top with the very best.

Watching Murderville on netflix. Actually pretty good.
Yeah I enjoyed it too. The Kumail episode was probably the highlight.
I'd say there's 3 good episodes, 2 meh ones and 1 terrible one. The Kumail is by far the best, his awkward walk with the weird sound made me laugh way more than I'd like to admit.

I've just started Somebody Somewhere and it's really good

Comedy drama set in Kansas

Started watching it -- I used to live in Kansas City and have been to places like Manhattan, Lawrence, Topeka etc. So I was curious.
Its an interesting premise. So far so good.

Started watching Pam & Tommy, on episode 3 now.

It should really be a 90 min Netflix movie, but it's decent fun, don't know how long it will be interesting to watch crazy Tommy and bimbo Pam though.

Have you watched Doom Patrol? That's next on my list. I've seen The Tick and The Boyz... I suspect Peacemaker will hit the mark.

If you like the Boyz you should definitely get into Peacemaker. Doom Patrol is another great show as well. It's actually better than I thought it would be. Brendan Fraser is amazing in it.

Watching the second now, tbf Marshawn Lynch is funny anyway so this one is an easy win.

I’m looking forward to Kumail Nanjiani.

They are all pretty good except the annie murphy one. She wasnt great at the improv.

Watching Hellbound on Netflix, another Korean show, and really it is quite good. Final episode was exceptional, elevated the series, a bit disappointed it was only 6 episodes at that point, Didn't think it would be Korean shows keeping Netflix going in 2022.

Watched Yellowstone recently and thought it was good.

Then found out about 1883. Finished it this past weekend and thought it was brilliant.

They are all pretty good except the annie murphy one. She wasnt great at the improv.
She was dreadful. Sharon Stone was a bit wooden and didn't seem to care much, and Ken Jeong clearly didn't take it seriously, which could've been hilarious with the right balance, but just made that episode weird. The 3 first ones are the best.

She was dreadful. Sharon Stone was a bit wooden and didn't seem to care much, and Ken Jeong clearly didn't take it seriously, which could've been hilarious with the right balance, but just made that episode weird. The 3 first ones are the best.

Overall a pretty decent series i felt.

I feel Annie Murphy's initial awkwardness made the episode hilarious. Arnett really played into that to good effect. I also felt Murphy did very well in the scene with the mob bosses

Started watching Pam & Tommy, on episode 3 now.

It should really be a 90 min Netflix movie, but it's decent fun, don't know how long it will be interesting to watch crazy Tommy and bimbo Pam though.

True of so much nowadays. 6 x 60 minutes is now disproportionately valuable to a streaming service as they keep you on their platform longer and keep you paying. Many series are just full of filler. If not the whole episodes then the pointless (cheap to film) scenes that add nothing. It’s insidious.

One of my favourite books I've read in the last couple of years. On Apple TV now.

Last things I have watched:
-4th season of The Sinner was ok. Perhaps too much episodes for the plot.
-Snowpiercer: We love it at home. I think I appreciate it a little more being weekly episodes. It was not bad, although it seems that they are stretching the story quite a bit.
They left a pretty good cliffhanger for the fourth season.
-Viking Valhalla. I was about to give it up but in the end it was good
- Bridgerton, second season. I loved it. The love story, the manners, the gossips, all the trappings of social gatherings. Next year we are going to dress up for Carnival in that style.
-Invasion: It's incredibly slow but at the moment I like it.5 episodes so far.

Apart from Invasion, and Foundation, which I will also watch, would you recommend any other series on Apple tv?

-Snowpiercer: We love it at home. I think I appreciate it a little more being weekly episodes. It was not bad, although it seems that they are stretching the story quite a bit.
- Bridgerton, second season. I loved it. The love story, the manners, the gossips, all the trappings of social gatherings. Next year we are going to dress up for Carnival in that style.

Apart from Invasion, and Foundation, which I will also watch, would you recommend any other series on Apple tv?
Severance. Tehran.

See (a must watch, imo)
DefendingJacob.
Patchinko.
Tehran.