Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

I watched the first free episode and enjoyed it.

I'm usually a bit hesitant to dive into series that are based on books I love but it's been pretty good so far. Three episodes in.

Last edited:
Last things I have watched:
-4th season of The Sinner was ok. Perhaps too much episodes for the plot.
-Snowpiercer: We love it at home. I think I appreciate it a little more being weekly episodes. It was not bad, although it seems that they are stretching the story quite a bit.
They left a pretty good cliffhanger for the fourth season.
-Viking Valhalla. I was about to give it up but in the end it was good
- Bridgerton, second season. I loved it. The love story, the manners, the gossips, all the trappings of social gatherings. Next year we are going to dress up for Carnival in that style.
-Invasion: It's incredibly slow but at the moment I like it.5 episodes so far.

Apart from Invasion, and Foundation, which I will also watch, would you recommend any other series on Apple tv?
Servant
Severance (finale due this Friday)
The Afterparty (I'm only 3 episodes into this but it's very funny and well written - it's made by Christopher Miller of Lord and Miller fame)

See (a must watch, imo)
DefendingJacob.
Patchinko.
Tehran.
Servant
Severance (finale due this Friday)
The Afterparty (I'm only 3 episodes into this but it's very funny and well written - it's made by Christopher Miller of Lord and Miller fame)
Thanks! I remember that I watched the trailer for "See" on some other platform a while ago but maybe because it wasn't popular I didn't give it a chance. I also add it to the list and Servant, although I'm not very fan of horror

Thanks! I remember that I watched the trailer for "See" on some other platform a while ago but maybe because it wasn't popular I didn't give it a chance. I also add it to the list and Servant, although I'm not very fan of horror
Servant isn't particularly scary, it's more of a mystery that veers into creepy territory occasionally. It also has a lot of humour sprinkled throughout each season. One of the better things that Shyamalan has been associated with in recent years!

I’ve been on an Apple TV kick recently - started with for all mankind which I really enjoyed, then severance which has been outstanding and I’ve just binged all of foundation which was pretty epic - I’m sure the books are better but not knowing anything about them it’s a really captivating story. The new Gary Oldman show is next on my list.

Just started watching/listening to Calls on Apple TV+, a series of audioplays consisting of telephone calls that unfold in the run up to an apocalyptic event. Very engaging, mysterious and featuring a bunch of A-listers. Eps are nice and short at 15-20mins, too.

Thanks for recommending me Severance. Super original, I loved it. The first or second episodes are a bit weak/slow, but once you get into the story it's very good and the last one is great. Let's see if they don't take too long for the second season.
Now I will start Pachinko because at home we are hooked on everything that comes out of Korea

The girlfriend is watching Bridgerton and feck me I feel like its causing me to leak brain cells. I have no idea how this show became popular.

Women love a bit of filth.

It's why they all loved Game of Thrones despite the dragons and magic. Truth.

D'you know I got over the first season of it because of the lovely redhead who was frequently riding. The second series doesn't have such a quality actress carrying things :(

D'you know I got over the first season of it because of the lovely redhead who was frequently riding. The second series doesn't have such a quality actress carrying things :(

My gf has been watching it and the girl playing Kate is very pretty tbf!

This sounds very good. Does it have an Infernal Affairs vibe?
Well, it's an American production so more tailored towards a western audience, but (having not been to Japan) it feels like it gives a good insight into the world and culture there. Dialogue is about half and half to the point where sometimes you're like "why are they talking in English?". But it looks fantastic and has a good, noir-like, slow burn of a story. And.. Ken Watanabe! What's not to like?

The girlfriend is watching Bridgerton and feck me I feel like its causing me to leak brain cells. I have no idea how this show became popular.

I watched it with my wife too. First season was actually quite fun, the second one was just pure trash, even the wife thought so. The girl playing Edwina though :drool:

I watched it with my wife too. First season was actually quite fun, the second one was just pure trash, even the wife thought so. The girl playing Edwina though :drool:

Yeah I agree actually, first season wasn't too bad at all. Good actors, reasonable idea, the redhead one was a ride and she could act. The second season it all went very off the rails.

My wife watched season 1 which meant I had to be bored stupid by it sometimes. Although she forgot to watch the final episode (or possibly forgot to delete it from the drive) and no way am I reminding her. Any more than I'll let her know season 2 is out.

Well, it's an American production so more tailored towards a western audience, but (having not been to Japan) it feels like it gives a good insight into the world and culture there. Dialogue is about half and half to the point where sometimes you're like "why are they talking in English?". But it looks fantastic and has a good, noir-like, slow burn of a story. And.. Ken Watanabe! What's not to like?

Love Japanese cinema, enjoyed so many Yakuza related films. This looks great aesthetically too. Talking about aesthetics Doom Patrol looks gorgeous most of the time. It really is top tier entertainment much better than anything Marvel has produced.

Last edited: