Television Anyone recommend me any TV Shows?

Too many posts to quote but thanks for the suggestions everybody. I'll get going on a few of these but the shows i watch will be dependent on weather they'll be on the streaming services i have.

Anyone watch the new Vikings show on netflix? It is getting decent reviews.
6.5 on IMDb and 56% on Rotten Tomatoes for audience, I usually give such series a pass with those ratings, but will maybe try it out and see.
I did give up on the first Vikings after a few season though, but I see it's not tied to it at all.

Furahata Ninzaburo is a 90's Japanese detective series starring the late, great Masakazu Tamura. Ran for about 3 seasons and is very quirky in that the show always opens with the crime being committed and reason why. The fun part is the lead taking the audience through the steps he took to solve the crime.

Also Nemuri Kyoshiro - The Full Moon Swordsman. Kyoshiro is drawn into the conspiracy of the 13 western clans to topple the Shogunate. Elder Mizuno is tasked with stopping the conspiracy from succeeding and begs Kyoshiro's help. However, the clans get wind of this and warn Kyoshiro off by slaughtering his two friends and their adopted child. The story covers Kyoshiro's journey from Edo to Kyoto accompanied by his sidekick, the pickpocket Kinpachi, and Oran, a female shogunate spy, played by the gorgeous Kayo Matsuo. Lots of great swordplay and some really good story lines.

Last edited:
6.5 on IMDb and 56% on Rotten Tomatoes for audience, I usually give such series a pass with those ratings, but will maybe try it out and see.
I did give up on the first Vikings after a few season though, but I see it's not tied to it at all.

The critics seem to love it.

Really enjoying Yellowjackets at the moment, gripping plot and some great performances.

I've watched the first season of 'Last Chance U' over the last few weeks. Pretty decent light entertainment for those that are into American football.

I tried but I really couldn't get into BB. The tone of the show just isn't for me. And some plots and characters are plain stupid.
Yeah i can understand that. It's obviously very far fetched but I found with a little willing suspension of disbelief i got past that. Plus it's SO beautifully shot imo and Walter is one of the most compelling characters in TV history i reckon. Found it a really interesting contrast to The Wire...where that was a really broad canvas, societal study, BB was much more tight in its focus and a character study.

I like Yellowstone and I know a new show “1883” is a prequel. Has anyone watched 1883 by any chance? Opinions?
I love Yellowstone and I believe 1883 is just as brilliant, even more highly rated as things stands, than Yellowstone, but March 13 is the date for me, that's when all 12 episodes are finally out then will start watching. 10 are current out with the latest one dropping yesterday.

While I don't think you will be disappointed, I'm still unsure how good it will be, but from the little I've seen (not too much), it looks great.

I love Yellowstone and I believe 1883 is just as brilliant, even more highly rated as things stands, than Yellowstone, but March 13 is the date for me, that's when all 12 episodes are finally out then will start watching. 10 are current out with the latest one dropping yesterday.

While I don't think you will be disappointed, I'm still unsure how good it will be, but from the little I've seen (not too much), it looks great.
Thanks for the response - love me some Yellowstone and I’ve watched a couple of trailers of 1883 and saw the ratings - it’s left me quite excited to watch it. Aargh, bummer. Thought it was 10 episodes for the season but will wait another couple of weeks and then binge it in a week or so. Let me know how it was if you get through it before I do!

Just finished Inventing Anna and while it was a thoroughly engaging show, it does feel like they tried really hard to whitewash her crimes and to make you feel sympathy for you that she doesn't really deserve.

I like Yellowstone and I know a new show “1883” is a prequel. Has anyone watched 1883 by any chance? Opinions?

Same here, huge Yellowstone fan! Curious to hear what you guys thought of season 4 though? For me it was a massive disappointment, hardy any character development and poor storylines. I read somewhere that Jimmy had more screen time than Kasey!

There's also going to be another spinoff in addition to 1883 called 6666, that's the ranch in Texas where Jimmy was.

I'm rewatching Battlestar Galatica from 2004. I forgot how brilliant it was.

Adama and Baltar are amazing characters. Adama is as intimidating as any leader on TV I can think off and Baltar is so funny you can almost forgive his whole 'mildly responsible for the deaths of billions' thing.

Same here, huge Yellowstone fan! Curious to hear what you guys thought of season 4 though? For me it was a massive disappointment, hardy any character development and poor storylines. I read somewhere that Jimmy had more screen time than Kasey!

There's also going to be another spinoff in addition to 1883 called 6666, that's the ranch in Texas where Jimmy was.
Aargh didn’t know about the “sixers” being a series as well. Ok definitely be giving 1883 a watch.

Season 4 was a bit disappointing yeah, especially the lack of Casey/Casey storyline. The corporate angle also sort of felt like it got stuck somehow and yeah, there was a lot of Jimmy. Didn’t dislike the season but overall I’d say the weakest of the seasons thus far but hoping they can pick it up against in S5.

Havent watched Yellowstone but ended up watching 1883. It scratched a RDR2 itch that I didnt know I had.
Yo should give Yellowstone a chance, it’s really good.

I just finished season 2 of The Righteous Gemstones. I know that type of humor is not for everyone but it's cringy af and I loved it.
Religious folk will most likely be offended and not watch past the first 5 minutes.

Guardians of Justice is a piss-take of superheroes. Dumb fun.
Into episode 3, absolutely mental , not sure if I think it’s great or really shit !
I can’t stop watching it though, let’s see how long I can handle it.
How far did you watch?

Just finished Gomorra season 5 and this is without doubt the best written, casted and produced series with the best soundtrack I have ever seen.
I don't have enough superlatives to explain this series.
I have watched many series in my lifetime, and only few of them I consider tier S - The Sopranos, Twin Peaks and now Gomorra.
Please watch it.

Thanks for the response - love me some Yellowstone and I’ve watched a couple of trailers of 1883 and saw the ratings - it’s left me quite excited to watch it. Aargh, bummer. Thought it was 10 episodes for the season but will wait another couple of weeks and then binge it in a week or so. Let me know how it was if you get through it before I do!

You had me excited that there was two more episodes. It's done. 10 episodes only for 1883.