Antony Martial set to leave when his contract expires

saik

He has confirmed he will be leaving. Wonder where he will end up next? I don't see his body being up to the demands of football in Europe. Probably Saudi or MLS?

Injuries killed any momentum he had with us, which is a massive shame because he showed glimpses of brilliance.

Was there for this debut goal against the dippers and it was an amazing moment.

Cheers Tony, all the best for the future.

Long overdue. Was my favourite player first season.

Easy to forget some of the amazing goals he scored. Such a good player on his day. Finishing and dribbling. What a player. Sad it turned out the way it has.

Could have reached such heights, but the attitude just wasn't there unfortunately

What a diabolical fall from grace. He was a super talent when bought, no doubt about it. From that performance against Arsenal for Monaco to that wonder goal he scored early in his United career. So you can't really criticise the talent identification. He showed plenty early on to suggest he could become a serious player.

What you can certainly criticise is his application and development. He's a worse player now than when he was a teenager, in every respect except possibly hold up play. Which for me is primarily down to him.

It just hasn't worked out and the most shocking thing from a club point of view is how long mediocrity has been accepted. That's the real criticism for the club, not the fact he was bought for the figure we paid.

Potential to be the next Henry but gowled around too much. Good luck at some random Italian club where you'll do really well for three months then fade into obscurity

Best of luck for the future. The last 3-4 years at the club have been very frustrating with regards to injuries and performance on the pitch, but he had a great start to his United career. Apart from a slightly below par season in 2016/2017, he’s always made a good goal scoring contribution to the team whether it was under LVG, Mourinho or Solskjaer, with the 2019/2020 season being the best of the lot. It’s a shame that his career fell away afterwards.

I believe that his transfer fee didn’t quite reach the 50 odd million that it could have done due to not quite reaching the individual success that he was hyped to achieve. Though he didn’t quite reach the level we’d hoped he would get to, he’s been a good signing, but maybe far outlasted his welcome here and should have moved on sometime ago.

I remember his debut goal so fondly. Dancing through that Liverpool defence and coolly slotting it home. I was sat there thinking we have a future star on our hands. A shame how it has turned out.

Apart from a season here and there he has definitely failed to live up to his potential and as much as its down to his injuries I also feel like he had a laid back nature looking from his demeanour on the pitch which probably never made him push for greater heights. He was a good player on his day but unfortunately his injuries meant that those days were very few in the last 3 or 4 years.

Right decision to let him leave. Good luck to wherever he ends up.

Unfortunate how it all turned out in the end given the massive potential he had when we signed him. Best of luck for the future.

Unlikely to play again unless he takes a massive pay cut just like De Gea.

I turned him into the next Thierry Henry in one of my old pro evo saves. In reality he didn’t even come close to Louis Saha.

Hope he does well and actually plays wherever he goes next

When he was on it he was a joy to watch. His dribbling was insane. Can’t believe he’s 28 and we signed him when he was 19. Good luck Martial!

Was there a Ballon D’or clause inserted in his contract when we 1st signed him ?

Shame it ended the way it did for Martial, exciting player to watch before the injuries. All the best to him

Great talent... Never really got going.. ended up staying for way too long.
Hope he stays fit and has a good career..

Not even Saudi or MLS will touch this crock.

Shame - first season and 19-20 he was very good. Another who overstayed by at least 3 seasons.