Antony | Here we go! €100mill, contract until June 2027, option 'til 2028.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was expecting movement on this deal today.

I think it will be done, the fact that he's missed training to force a move and apparently handed in a transfer request. He will sign for sure.

Because we've left it so late they don't need the money. They will also find that the price of anyone they would want as a replacement will also increase significantly. I'm not convinced this will go through.
This has to go through. It’s come so far and I doubt Ajax want to keep a player that desperately wants to leave. Also they may never get offered the money we’re offering for him again. It’s a one time opportunity… they’d of made 4x the profit on him. They need to do what they do best which is develop players and sell them for a large profit. There starting to be a bit like Dortmund… if they don’t let these players move on to bigger clubs then players won’t use them as a stepping stone anymore.

Chelsea now playing hardball by demanding 44m for Ziyech full well knowing they want to move him out but not will to do so for a reasonable amount so United can't strengthen with Antony

This has to go through. It’s come so far and I doubt Ajax want to keep a player that desperately wants to leave. Also they may never get offered the money we’re offering for him again. It’s a one time opportunity… they’d of made 4x the profit on him. They need to do what they do best which is develop players and sell them for a large profit. There starting to be a bit like Dortmund… if they don’t let these players move on to bigger clubs then players won’t use them as a stepping stone anymore.
Yeah, I think they’re just talking tough until there is an agreement. They’re not going to be pushed around by the media either. When there’s a deal, they’ll tell us, until then we should all feck off. I respect them for that but they will sell.

I was expecting movement on this deal today.

I think it will be done, the fact that he's missed training to force a move and apparently handed in a transfer request. He will sign for sure.
Why were you "expecting movement"? Did someone say it would move?

Chelsea now playing hardball by demanding 44m for Ziyech full well knowing they want to move him out but not will to do so for a reasonable amount so United can't strengthen with Antony
Let’s do cash plus player swap for Antony. Say 60m + Amad. It’s a respectable offer

What will he bring to us… does he score more or is he more of a creative winger, a bit like sancho.

I think he will get the fans off their seats, he will draw yellow and red cards from opposing players…he will drag one or two defenders constantly to the right hand side opening space through the middle…I think he is an exciting player that will rile opposing players and fans which could unite our players and fans …..he also seems to work hard and knows Ten Hags system…I for one am hoping it goes through…

The sort of players who refuse to train to try and force a transfer simply aren’t professional and are not the sort of players a club should be looking to bring in. If he does it there, then he’ll do it here.

Good if this seems off - hope those old Ziyech rumours are true, he was better in their CL games, and costs 30% of this madness. Will mean one more CM is possible also :drool:

The sort of players who refuse to train to try and force a transfer simply aren’t professional and are not the sort of players a club should be looking to bring in. If he does it there, then he’ll do it here.
Next you’ll be saying if you sign a player from Ajax while they’re suspended for biting someone, they will bite two more players while at your club!

Think it hinges on Ajax getting Ziyech. They won't sell u less they can replace him.

what an incredibly arrogant post. So just because United is dangling silly money in front of our noses, we ‘need to do what we do best’ and sell? May I remind you this is a week before deadline day, we sold over half of our starting eleven, the player has a contract till 2027 and we have sporting ambitions as well? Don’t act so entitled

Reactions: Fortitude
Their ‘we’ve got CL’ argument just changed to ‘you can play 6 games in the CL for us this season if you stay’ :lol:

Anyone else have a nagging feeling the end of this window is going to have a "we tried but it didn't come off" vibe from the board.
I’m generally getting the ‘I feckin hate the word vibe being used to death in every thread and it’s boiling my p1ss’ vibe personally :lol::lol:

Their ‘we’ve got CL’ argument just changed to ‘you can play 6 games in the CL for us this season if you stay’ :lol:

And two of those games are against Liverpool, who he can play against in the Premier League anyway. (we could even draw them again in a cup at some point).

Have we paid the sum in pennies and they're still counting it? 'Edging closer' boys

I’m generally getting the ‘I feckin hate the word vibe being used to death in every thread and it’s boiling my p1ss’ vibe personally :lol::lol:

I have not seen it used on the caf at all, but I am sorry for triggering you.

Do you think the board have shut up shop now we have beaten Liverpool?

In two cups and the EL, we can overdose him on Liverpool if that's what he wants

Exactly! If you squint, the Rangers strip is a bit similar to the Everton one. I mean, they're both blue.

So, that just leaves Napoli. I'm sure we can work something out, Antony.

I have not seen it used on the caf at all, but I am sorry for triggering you.

Do you think the board have shut up shop now we have beaten Liverpool?
It was a joke mate, hence the laughing. But the word vibe has had the arse kicked out of it. Usually with a certain South American rat named just before it.

I don’t think they have personally, but with the way they’ve treated the club and fan base, it’s natural to think the worse.

Wonder what the price would be if they sell in January when they get knocked out of the CL. And would he be Europa League eligible in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.