Antonio Valencia | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant seeing him back to his best tonight

I really hope he can keep this up, that was very close to seeing him at what his best was. Nice set up for RvP, excellent counter goal, and he was attempting to run forward and beat his man more often than not.

Almost back to his best, good to see him get on the scoresheet. Proved that he deserved to start the match

You apparently are desperate for this not to happen

I would gladly look like the world's biggest prick and for him to nail that RW position, producing cross after cross of high quality, regardless of whether or not he uses his left foot. So no... I promise you if he plays like that last 20 minutes game after game and manages to tear apart top defences, I'll be happy to say, you was right :).

Should be coming off with a goal and two assists. That's what he's got in his locker with a bit of confidence.

Brilliant second half - how he did not get his second assist is something Van Persie should try to explain. Showed terrific pace to simply run past players. His crosses even looked like crosses today. Great to see him get a goal - the weight lifted from his shoulder looked immense.

He was fantastic tonight. He did everything you would want, from assisting Smalling in defence, to beating defenders, to providing dangerous crosses throughout, and even scored a great goal.

Speaking of the goal, you could see just how much it meant to him, and it was great to see.

My man of the match.

In the first half, I thought he was quite poor and kept slowing things down. Second half was vintage AV.

Well 18 months I suppose. I just don't want to get my hopes up. He was devastating tonight lets hope he doesn't just fall back into his shell. The goal should help him big time mentally.
He was shocking in March 12? He had a bad season. No need to resort to massive exaggeration.

The commentator was spot on really. Needs to show more confidence in himself.

Excellent today

This. That was an excellent cross and you could see how much the goal meant to him. Hope he kicks on from here.

I think he just might - he even took on that volley from outside the box. A Valencia of last season would have dallied with it and back passed it to DDG. Great to see he has the confidence to do that. Even when a player is free to the right, that was still the right move.

Loved his goal. Placing it is for jessies. Just twat it.

Valencia's poor run of form seems to extend quicker than time actually moves. 2 years now? 18 months? He wasn't even bad for the whole of 12/13. He only came off the tracks around December. He started the season reasonably well.

By Christmas it'll be that he's been shit since his penultimate season at Wigan.

Loved his goal. Placing it is for jessies. Just twat it.

Valencia's poor run of form seems to extend quicker than time actually moves. 2 years now? 18 months? He wasn't even bad for the whole of 12/13. He only came off the tracks around December. He started the season reasonably well.

By Christmas it'll be that he's been shit since his penultimate season at Wigan.

Nah. He was rubbish playing little leagues in Ecuador and started losing pace as he entered puberty.

RIP Benitez. Great that he could do that for his teammate and friend. Lets be honest, waiting for Valencia to score so he could celebrate could have taken the best part of this season.

He was excellent, really good game from him tonight, I was really glad to see him playing like this. Now, I don't want to be negative, I hope he will continue in this fashion, but I wouldn't be surprised if this good performance was more down to type of opponent than him actually improving that much. Still, great to watch him finally offfering something in attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.