Antoine Griezmann| Signs a new contract till 2022

Will we sign Griezmann this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know but I never saw anything special with him, the amount of publicity he gets is equal to messi or ronaldo and yet he is no where close to either of them. Not saying he won't improve our attack, yes he will extremely improve but why are we begging for him to join us. He is not getting any younger, spending 100 million next year on a 28 year old won't be smart. Better to spend that money on a superstar who is 24 or 25. Let us not make griezmann bigger than manchester united. His loss he didn't join us and decided to stay in athletico and not ours.

Stones saying the release clause will be huge.

This deal is dead forever imho, unless some still want to dream about him.

If they up his release clause then the girlie haired twat can stay put, his valuation was at a stretch with the old one, further increases makes it not worth it.

Antonio Ruiz says his release clause has remained unchanged, supposed to be reliable on Atletico Madrid isn't he? (sorry can't link the tweet)

Clause stays the same and it facilitates a move in one year. Something along them lines...

Anyone else think we're about to enter a period where the top players stop moving clubs as regularly as perhaps they did? Given the inflation in the transfer market, it really makes very little sense to sell these sort of players - unless you're struggling financially, of course - as the chances of successfully replacing them is significantly damaged by the costs.

As much as I like him, Morata is kind of the perfect example of this. If he is worth 70m+, then why would you sell any world class player out of choice?

I hope jose and Woodward don't spoil the coming season in hope of buying him next season. We can find alternatives and do well. No need to beg a player to join us.

I can't believe we'd stand around with our dick in our hands for an entire year and sacrifice a season just to get him.

Anyone else think we're about to enter a period where the top players stop moving clubs as regularly as perhaps they did? Given the inflation in the transfer market, it really makes very little sense to sell these sort of players - unless you're struggling financially, of course - as the chances of successfully replacing them is significantly damaged by the costs.

As much as I like him, Morata is kind of the perfect example of this. If he is worth 70m+, then why would you sell any world class player out of choice?
Only if we had ronaldo now . He could have been worth £200 million. This is why we shouldn't be entertaining selling de gea and if we are forced to then we must demand close to £100 million. If a bench warmer is worth £70million then we must teach those viruses a lesson and keep de gea's price tag as high as possible.

His release clause has most likely remained unchanged. They just gave him a pay rise for staying another year at the club. Next year guys ;-)

Clause stays the same and it facilitates a move in one year. Something along them lines...

I'm pretty sure it must be something like this. Else we would've got James if Griz is not coming next season.

Honestly, would like to move on and bring in someone else this summer in his place, resign the Greizmann saga to history.
Was never really his biggest fan.

Only if we had ronaldo now . He could have been worth £200 million. This is why we shouldn't be entertaining selling de gea and if we are forced to then we must demand close to £100 million. If a bench warmer is worth £70million then we must teach those viruses a lesson and keep de gea's price tag as high as possible.

If he was the same age we sold him for now, he'd be worth more than 200m.

I wouldn't rule out a Jan move. If they have Costa by then, it might make sense. The older he gets the less likely it is people are going to want to punt €100m on him.

No. Griezmann would've moved this year if not for the transfer ban. Bosman has ensured the transfer market will always be active. Players still have the power and they have the same ambitions. If a player wants a bigger contact, wants to play for a more prestigious club or a better chance to win silverware then they will force through a move.

No, Griezmann is just a really nice guy which is very rare with players these days.

The state of this place! Griezmann stayed at his current club, fair play to him. We don't not yet what this contract means and it can very well imply that he goes to United next summer - but it surely hasn't changed anything that we know of.

I don't understand people bitching about this. One of two things are the case.

1) He was using us to get a higher wage. In which case the release clause will increase significantly.

or

2) He fully intended to leave now, but loyalty to Atletico made him decide to stay in their difficult time. He still fully intends to leave next season (maybe even January, although I doubt it). In which case Atletico are thanking him by giving him the higher wage for the time, but the release clause will remain the same or possibly even reduce by a bit.

While I can't say I'm 100% certain, everything that he has said and that has happened makes me the second option is significantly more likely.

He was never EVER going to stay there for another year on the same contract. Not a chance in hell. So why this is big news and people are flipping shit is beyond me.

The state of this place! Griezmann stayed at his current club, fair play to him. We don't not yet what this contract means and it can very well imply that he goes to United next summer - but it surely hasn't changed anything that we know of.
Which might be why we only want one of Morata/Belotti. We get the wide man and make do with our numerous No. 10's.

Or when you read posts full of tears.
That's partially my point.

People moan about transfers being dramas with twists and turns, yet they spend hours and hours every day seeking out gossip.

Don't read it all and wait for reliable news or even announcements, and there's no drama. Or better yet learn to ignore the childish feckwittery on here and pick out the updates while skipping past the wrist slitting and waterworks.

That's partially my point.

People moan about transfers being dramas with twists and turns, yet they spend hours and hours every day seeking out gossip.

Don't read it all and wait for reliable news or even announcements, and there's no drama. Or better yet learn to ignore the childish feckwittery on here and pick out the updates while skipping past the wrist slitting and waterworks.
Thinly veiled attempt at hiding the fact he's the Caf's #1 ITK poster. PM him for details, lads. He's more forthcoming away from the glare of the transfer forum. I'd never have known we were in for that lad out of Towie because of his performance in Soccer Aid if it wasn't for Nick.

Guess we'll have to wait for the official report of his contract renewal to see his new release clause but most reports now are reporting there's no new on.

Situation is clear. If they raise the release clause, the deal is case closed, if not, then he's leaving next summer no doubt.

Let's see..

Thinly veiled attempt at hiding the fact he's the Caf's #1 ITK poster. PM him for details, lads. He's more forthcoming away from the glare of the transfer forum. I'd never have known we were in for that lad out of Towie because of his performance in Soccer Aid if it wasn't for Nick.
:lol:

Good player but not good enough for me to dream about him coming next year. There'll be other players to choose from by then and he'll be a year older.

People will kiss his feet next summer to join us. Pretty sure this one will be done and dusted after the WC

Status
Not open for further replies.