Antoine Griezmann| Signs a new contract till 2022

Will we sign Griezmann this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So does anyone else feel like meh, you had your chance and you didn't take it, we needed you this season and you didn't want to come, I hope we move on now and forget about him, there will be better options next summer and he's not a player like Mbappe or Verrati who you would dream about and wait for a year to come to the club,

Au Revoir Antoine

So does anyone else feel like meh, you had your chance and you didn't take it, we needed you this season and you didn't want to come, I hope we move on now and forget about him, there will be better options next summer and he's not a player like Mbappe or Verrati who you would dream about and wait for a year to come to the club,

Au Revoir Antoine
He didnt want to come? Where have you been? They have a transfer embargo. Else he would have be ours by now.

If things continue like this, and he doesn't drop form, next summer his buy out clause will look like peanuts.

Au Revoir Antoine

Yes, I think we should have enough pride not to pursue Griezmann next season. He rejected Manchester United for Atletico Madrid... he deserves each and every trophyless seasons he gets as far as I'm concerned. And make no mistake, he will go without trophies in the coming season as Real Madrid and Barcelona look to strengthen in the Summer while Atletico stagnate.

Next Summer he will be either 27 or 28 (I forget which). Will we spend £80+ on someone approaching 30 soon? Say what you want about the likes of Pogba and Lukaku but at least the return on investment for either would be a solid 10 years or thereabouts on these players.

He didnt want to come? Where have you been? They have a transfer embargo. Else he would have be ours by now.

You just played yourself son, you do know we could have (and would have to have had embargo or not) activate his release clause and he could of came either way but he said no and want's to stay loyal to Atletico, which is very fair and nce of him, but theres a point where ambition has to come into it so do the research pal yeah

You just played yourself son, you do know we could have (and would have to have had embargo or not) activate his release clause and he could of came either way but he said no and want's to stay loyal to Atletico, which is very fair and nce of him, but theres a point where ambition has to come into it so do the research pal yeah
Even if you activate his release clause how can he transfer teams during an embargo?

I'm not too fussed. It's pretty clear that he wasn't all that keen on moving to United in the first place, and that's fine. We'll make our squad plans without him and I find it unlikely at this point that we sign him next summer.

Even if you activate his release clause how can he transfer teams during an embargo?

The ban stops Atletico from registering new players during this window, not selling nor even buying anyone. Any new purchases just cannot be registered for play until January. Hence why they might by Costa back now, and loan him out until January.

Daily fail would say: In a major blow to Utd's hopes of signing Greizman in Jan window for the final title challenge, he has signed a new contract.

The fact he will replace Zlatan doesn't negate the fact he going to be our big attacking signing, not Perisic.(he also happens to be 10 years younger than Zlatan).
But how young is Morata in lion years?;)

The fact he will replace Zlatan doesn't negate the fact he going to be our big attacking signing, not Perisic.(he also happens to be 10 years younger than Zlatan).

Well regardless of our different understanding of what a big signing constitutes I think it's evident that Perisic wont improve us much. I can't see us not being in for Griezmann next year.

Is this a surprise to anybody at all?

Hopefully just a reward from Atletico for his loyalty with the official understanding he can leave next time we bid.

Au Revoir Antoine

Yeah I feel the same way. Our attack is missing it's diamond, but someone will come along, be it neymar or whoever (Yes I know that may be unrealistic, just an example). Griezmann had his chance to become our crown jewel and he decided to be loyal to atletico instead. His time has gone.

Au Revoir Antoine
Absolutely feels like this. I don't think we will be in for him again next summer.

GRIEZMANN 'SIGNS NEW DEAL'

Antoine Griezmann has signed a new contract at Atletico Madrid, according to Spanish newspaper Marca.

Reports from Spain say the supposed Manchester United transfer target has agreed to a one-year extension at Atletico which will keep him in the Spanish capital until 2022.

Antoine Griezmann has signed a new contract at Atletico Madrid, according to Spanish newspaper Marca.

Reports from Spain say the supposed Manchester United transfer target has agreed to a one-year extension at Atletico which will keep him in the Spanish capital until 2022.
Welcome to 3 hours ago.

It's a one year extension. So obvious there's probably a deal in place for him to join next summer.

Au Revoir Antoine
I get where your coming from and whilst it's easy to agree with the sentiment now I'm not so sure that if we have another season of struggling to break teams down and he has another season where he scores 25 goals and looks classy that I would feel the same

I wouldn't be surprised if we go in for him in January, and they sign Costa in January.

I wouldn't be surprised if we go in for him in January, and they sign Costa in January.

Certainly could happen, can see Madrid signing a lot of their targets now and either have them sit in the stands for 5 months or loan them somewhere till January

Didn't you tell me yesterday that he already signed a new deal?

Maybe i'm being too muppety about this, but I think griezmann is coming straight after the ban. Ruiz isn't saying he will stay another season, simply it was a one year extension to the contract (stock standard increase), and they will facilitate his move "next year". Their ban lifts Jan 2018.

I think he only committed to their club until the ban lifted. Whilst he's going to be CL-tied next season, I think it's very likely that we get him straight after the ban.

Why would he leave in January? It would achieve nothing unless we look set to win the league, which I doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.