Antoine Griezmann| Signs a new contract till 2022

Will we sign Griezmann this summer ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with others saying we shouldn't give him the opportunity to join later. Aiming for Dybala or Dembele would be :drool:. I'm willing to admit I'm bitter, hope he wins nothing with Atleti and he moves to the MLS and forever regrets not joining us :smirk:
This post is a bit more bitter than Fuller's ESB.

The amount of bitter posts is too funny on the last few chances. He's had his chance and everything, as if his footballing is over by staying one more year at Atletico... Dangerous levels of acidity

The amount of bitter posts is too funny on the last few chances. He's had his chance and everything, as if his footballing is over by staying one more year at Atletico... Dangerous levels of acidity

It's just immature reactions to disappointment. This was supposed to be the muppet signing of the summer and it was a denouement with the travel ban affecting it such.

Too right, mate

Agreed.
The other thing that I believe is that a player should WANT TO JOIN MAN UTD.
My feeling is that AG isn't too bothered.
So, if he joins us, whose to say he may not walk after 1 season, if he struggles?
I'd much rather have a lesser player who wants to fight for MUFC, than a Galactico who isn't bothered about our club.

You won't find many top class ones then. We're not the best club to attract the best players so something (wages) has gotta give

You won't find many top class ones then. We're not the best club to attract the best players so something (wages) has gotta give
Spot on. He's too class, but the premise he doesn't want to join Man Utd is suspect, too.

Why is this thread still open? He destroyed my will in the transfer market. Close this thread as it burns my soul everytime I see it.

I think we should still go back to him in Jan or next summer because frankly his release clause of 100m Euro is considered cheap in today market for his quality.

Today we have Lukaku 100m GBP, Morata 90m Euro, Belotti 100m Euro, Mbappe 130m Euro. :eek::eek::eek: and I rate Griezman above all of them.

She's fit and she knows it, mate. And last night we got caught up in some beer lairiness done our way...

But again we're back in the light of being used for more pay.

The Streets - Don't Mug Yourself (the Ed Woodward remix)

A new day another rumour over, leaning back on my chair in the mighty red-cafeteria
Last night was some transfer lairiness done their way, and again we're being used for more pay
Reading shit, looking at the league table, telling jokes, clicking links - in the transfer window

Woodward brings two plates of fresh rumours over with plenty of scrambled logic, and plenty of melodrama
Get my phone out, 'bout to give José a shout, see if he enjoyed last season's goal drought
Ask him if he fancies watching the same next time, then @Cal? grabs the phone, like 'oi oi oi oi'

Hold it down Ed, you're being overcharged
I know deep down you're a muppet at heart
By all means you can vibe with Madrid, but just don't mug yourself, that's all, don't mug yourself...

The Streets - Don't Mug Yourself (the Ed Woodward remix)

A new day another rumour over, leaning back on my chair in the mighty red-cafeteria
Last night was some transfer lairiness done their way, and again we're being used for more pay
Reading shit, looking at the league table, telling jokes, clicking links - in the transfer window

Woodward brings two plates of fresh rumours over with plenty of scrambled logic, and plenty of melodrama
Get my phone out, 'bout to give José a shout, see if he enjoyed last season's goal drought
Ask him if he fancies watching the same next time, then @Cal? grabs the phone, like 'oi oi oi oi'

Hold it down Ed, you're being overcharged
I know deep down you're a muppet at heart
By all means you can vibe with Madrid, but just don't mug yourself, that's all, don't mug yourself...

YES MATE !! :lol:

The worst thing about this one is that you could not possibly ask for better conditions for United to be able to buy a top player.

- Plays for a club that is not in the elite group
- Little competiton for him
- Real can't buy him, Barca won't.
- Brother is a United fan.
- Best mate plays for us.
- Buyout clause.

Etc etc.

It makes me wonder if we will ever be able to buy a world class, top 10 attacker?

The worst thing about this one is that you could not possibly ask for better conditions for United to be able to buy a top player.

- Plays for a club that is not in the elite group
- Little competiton for him
- Real can't buy him, Barca won't.
- Brother is a United fan.
- Best mate plays for us.
- Buyout clause.

Etc etc.

It makes me wonder if we will ever be able to buy a world class, top 10 attacker?
Di Maria, if classed an attacker and not a midfielder, was certainly top 10 when we signed him. Ibra and Micky, both upon signing for us, were coming off seasons that were among the best in Europe. Rvp before them, too...

People forgot that Real waited a year for Ronaldo to fulfil his promise to SAF.

With Antoine himself confirming that he will stay this summer, perhaps a thread lock is appropriate?

With Antoine himself confirming that he will stay this summer, perhaps a thread lock is appropriate?

Looks that way

RaMCO4kV_400x400.jpeg

Is there any chance we sign him in January? Costa has been told to leave Chelsea.

Costa back to Atletico in January and we sign Griezmann then? Or am I trying to convince myself!

Is there any chance we sign him in January? Costa has been told to leave Chelsea.

Costa back to Atletico in January and we sign Griezmann then? Or am I trying to convince myself!

You are trying to convince yourself.

Would we still sign him if our New striker hits the ground running and the other players get back to their normal scoring rates?

No way at all. Both players cup tied in the CL, so what would be the point?

I wouldn't actually be surprised if there is some sort of "deal" in place for him to come to United in January.

And we take Costa on loan between now and January! It's almost too obvious.

I just came in here to post the same thing. I know he'd be cup tied for the CL but surely we wouldn't have to pay his release clause in that case. Plus I think AM would be less inclined to kick up a fuss since he did them a huge favour by staying summer.

As an aside it makes his decision to not leave them given the ban even stranger. I mean they'd only be prevented from signing his replacement for a few months. I thought they couldn't sign anyhow until next summer.

I just came in here to post the same thing. I know he'd be cup tied for the CL but surely we wouldn't have to pay his release clause in that case. Plus I think AM would be less inclined to kick up a fuss since he did them a huge favour by staying summer.

As an aside it makes his decision to not leave them given the ban even stranger. I mean they'd only be prevented from signing his replacement for a few months. I thought they couldn't sign anyhow until next summer.

Letting him leave in the summer and buying Costa + 1 in the winter would be a stronger alternative for them I believe.

I have a feeling he will still come this summer... [A.Madrid will release a statement saying they can't hold back his career after he has done so much for them]

Status
Not open for further replies.