View full 2017-18 profile

6.1 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm off to the Rashford thread to incessantly complain about how he's being mistreated by Mourinho, who's with me?

I'm coming with you. Let's start a revolution.

Very little people, giving that Martial seems to have a better connection with Lukaku and actually can pass the ball :p
That's fine. Dwarfs, midgets, the vertically impaired. With me!!!

Just admit that you were over complicating things. Nothing wrong in being not right in some things.

The point is, you have waited for things to change before asking people to retrospectively change their statements. I say things as they are. If Martial is playing games, of course, I won't say there is a preference to have him on he bench. That would be moronic. When he isn't though, the conversation is different. Naturally.

Folks will be very happy, the golden boy is starting in the biggest game so far this season, no excuses today.

Mourinho put his money where his mouth is, hopefully Martial repays him today. Of course Mourinho doesn't want him leave, still i'd gone with Rashford.

So it's still not the case of giving the nod to Martial over Rashford; Rashford is simply not fully fit.

Because he hasn't been playing well and working hard all season so far.

What nonsense.
Mostly off the bench though and against no marks Burton and CSKA. Anyone could have a similar goals and assist record in the minutes he has been given as the likes of Rashford wears down the opposition defence making it easy for Martial to get through them in the last five minutes of games.was this really needed?

The point is, you have waited for things to change before asking people to retrospectively change their statements. I say things as they are. If Martial is playing games, of course, I won't say there is a preference to have him on he bench. That would be moronic. When he isn't though, the conversation is different. Naturally.

Interesting to say that now because when I told you that you can't Martial may leave in the future and may become unhappy because we don't know what will the future brings, you said that this is ridiculous ? I was also saying things as they are at this time.

Of course those who were saying he's not trusted by Mourinho and the rotation thing is nonsense will eat their words now, right ?

Sure if Jose starts trusting martial going forward then I'd happily "eat my words" so to say but it doesn't change what I've said in the past with the info available at that time so I'll stand by everything I've posted thus far, I can only speak for myself but I'm sure others feel the same way.

Mostly off the bench though and against no marks Burton and CSKA. Anyone could have a similar goals and assist record in the minutes he has been given as the likes of Rashford wears down the opposition defence making it easy for Martial to get through them in the last five minutes of games.was this really needed?

That's nonsense and talking for the sake of talking. It's not a given to come off the bench and expect to put the ball in the net or get an assist. It takes a top player and hard work. Rashford has come off the bench in games and not got a goal or assist, is that a failure, since apparently it should be easy?

Damn. Yes it was really needed :lol:

I'm a nervous wreck here and my 2 brothers are Liverpool supporters, so that's my excuse :wenger:

I imagine they will change (eat) their words if and when Hose starts trusting him more. If that is today, then yes, people should speak differently. Doesn't mean they should have been saying that when Jose was NOT starting him.

Our player of the month is in the team. Should think so tbh.
Pretty much this.

We've said Jose hadn't trusted him YET and would welcome a change for once. I claimed last week that the trust should start with this game because it would mean he's getting rewarded for all his work.

Hopefully this is the start of something big.

Here's the sad thing about martial, if he doesn't play well today you'll have people in here saying mourinho only started him in a tougher game because it would give him an excuse to drop him and keep starting Rashford.

Martial is capable of being the best player on the pitch today, I really see no excuses for him not absolutely destroying that Liverpool defence.

So it's still not the case of giving the nod to Martial over Rashford; Rashford is simply not fully fit.
Is Rashford really unfit to play? He wouldn't have made it to the bench if it were true, Martial plays because Mourinho likes him and he's seen as the perfect man for the job.

Which means he is 80-90% fit, so Mourinho wouldn't risk the kid.

Risk? Jones had a knock and is playing - so too is Valencia who is rumoured to have dodgey knees and needs to ice them after every game. Lukaku also had a knock and is playing.

He chose Martial because he wanted to.

That's nonsense and talking for the sake of talking. It's not a given to come off the bench and expect to put the ball in the net or get an assist. It takes a top player and hard work. Rashford has come off the bench in games and not got a goal or assist, is that a failure, since apparently it should be easy?

Damn. Yes it was really needed :lol:

I'm a nervous wreck here and my 2 brothers are Liverpool supporters, so that's my excuse :wenger:
:D was just repeating what a few posters have said in this thread the last few weeks.

We had Lingard who Jose has shown is more than happy to utilise, not to add Mata who has been just about a mainstay in our team.
I guess but with our midfield issues I had a feeling we'd go three at the back in which case Jose would go with Rashford (or Martial if Rashford isn't 100% fit) to partner Romelu over Lingard and Mata.

Is Rashford really unfit to play? He wouldn't have made it to the bench if it were true, Martial plays because Mourinho likes him and he's seen as the perfect man for the job.
He isn't fit enough to play 90 minutes. There's a reason the twitter account said he picked up a knock on international duty.

Excellent opportunity for Martial. Let's hope he grabs it. Both for his sake, but mostly because I want us to smash the Scousers. :devil:

As if there isn't a history of players who weren't fit enough to start but were still being put on the bench. Quite a regular practice for important players 'who got a knock' to still put on the standby for emergeny situations.
Mourinho has stated Rashford got a knock, Martial starts for that reason. Delighted.

Rashford groupies will never let that explenation stop them from shouting off the rooftops how this is indefinite proof though for their theories :D

Last edited:
Just because he didn't make the team, doesn't mean he's necessarily not fit enough to start.
Is it not possible he hasn't trained the last few days and is perhaps short of sharpness? You're making the bigger leap than I am, given an official tweet stated Rashford suffered a knock on the break.

Because he hasn't been playing well and working hard all season so far.

What nonsense.

Calm yourself mate. Save the over blown reactions for when we're not playing well at half time in the match day thread :lol:

Interesting to say that now because when I told you that you can't Martial may leave in the future and may become unhappy because we don't know what will the future brings, you said that this is ridiculous ? I was also saying things as they are at this time.

That's wasn't how the conversation went, don't be silly.

Mourinho just said Fellaini, Bailly and Rashford injured themselves during the international break

It's all on Martial today, he should be up against TAA (unless they double up on him like last time) who can't actually defend. If he doesn't perform today it'd be a shame because a good performance today could win him this LW spot back.

Couldn't care less how he got the start. Sometimes the difference between success and failure is a little luck going your way, now hope he solo-es their defence and put in a beautiful side foot finish again.

A goal and an assist today. I'll go with that prediction. He's too good for that sad excuse of a defense.

It's all on Martial today, he should be up against TAA (unless they double up on him like last time) who can't actually defend. If he doesn't perform today it'd be a shame because a good performance today could win him this LW spot back.

He was great even when they doubled up on him. No doubt TAA has probably improved since then, but so has Martial.

Status
Not open for further replies.