Anthony Elanga | Forest watch

It’s always these feckers who aren’t talented/good enough to play for the club that talk as if it’s the club fault they didn’t make it here.

I think Elanga has more about him technically than he's shown at the top level so far but after Rangnick left he was very poor for United and could barely control the ball and little creativity/ didn't finish his chances so clearly can't stay

I don't mind him doing that. He's bitter and he thinks he's better than he is. Maybe he has worked really hard all summer to raise his technical ability from 5 to an 8 and has indeed become a genuinely good player by some miracle new work out that you can only access if you buy the $99.999 dvds.

It’s always these feckers who aren’t talented/good enough to play for the club that talk as if it’s the club fault they didn’t make it here.

I think he would've been more useful for us than Antony had he been given more minutes. He's definitely better than Antony in many aspects of the game

Why’s he being such a weirdo? He played like 50 games for the first team which is more than the majority of top clubs would give someone of his ability. We’ve also got an incredible an envious record of bringing through young talent and at the very least giving them chances. Bizarre way for him to be thinking.

Got a chance to play games for us that his ability never justified. Probably knows it too - this kind of bitterness is usually more defensive than anything.

Just another nobody, a tiny guy with a small time mentality who won’t be remembered as anything but an average and limited player, a try hard, might make an ok career for himself in the PL, as a squad player for a mid table team at best.

Thanks for the 15m though, cnut.

Why’s he being such a weirdo? He played like 50 games for the first team which is more than the majority of top clubs would give someone of his ability. We’ve also got an incredible an envious record of bringing through young talent and at the very least giving them chances. Bizarre way for him to be thinking.

He's clearly delusional when it comes to his own abilities. He didn't exactly have a lot of competition either.

Hilarious how much that has rattled some of this forum :lol: who honestly cares.

55 appearances for someone with such limited talent and he has the audacity to feel hard done by

He must die a little inside every Garnacho goal and assist

"That should have been me"

Is there any confirmation that this is what he actually meant? Even if he's bitter for some reason, this is such a bizarre context to make it public.

Is there any confirmation that this is what he actually meant? Even if he's bitter for some reason, this is such a bizarre context to make it public.

I mean, not really? He's just trying to make a pal feel better, because he knows he must be pretty gutted about leaving United He's doing that by reminding that player that his own career took off after doing the same thing. Dunno why everyone is so bent out of shape about it.

Amazing how people like to hate every ex player who actually wanted to make something out of his career and at least try playing somehwere else unlike the likes of Phil Jones, Maguires, Sanchos, etc. who would ruin their career but still sit out their contracts here and not lower their demands.

Amazing how people like to hate every ex player who actually wanted to make something out of his career and at least try playing somehwere else unlike the likes of Phil Jones, Maguires, Sanchos, etc. who would ruin their career but still sit out their contracts here and not lower their demands.
I haven’t posted in this thread, nor followed it closely. Whilst recognising that it was best for him to leave because he wasn’t quite if the required standard to make it at United (despite us having had worse players), I - like most fans I feel - wished him well for the future. I think most people like seeing academy products do well.

As I understand it, the ire in this thread is because he made a post which was construed as shit talking the club. And a lot of people jumped on him for that. Rightly so to some degree, because it was an extremely unprofessional thing to do. Perhaps he was bitter about not making it here? I don’t know. Maybe his post has been cleared up in the intervening pages, and I’ve missed that. But we’ve seen similar reactions to players like Lukaku and Henderson leaving and talking less about the club afterwards. That’s just the nature of partisan support.

In Elanga’s case, I’m not sure where his ill feeling comes from. One suspects he’d trade being a first team regular at Forest for being one at United every day of the week.

I think you're missing the point. United fans are usually very respectful to young players who leave. He's the one who was disrespectful to the club and fans that helped start his career.

I mean, not really? He's just trying to make a pal feel better, because he knows he must be pretty gutted about leaving United He's doing that by reminding that player that his own career took off after doing the same thing. Dunno why everyone is so bent out of shape about it.

Then send said pal a private message with the encouragement? Or give him a call? Or stfu? So many options.

I’m surprised a post by a completely irrelevant player has rattled so many. The best reply to this is to absolutely smash them when we meet Forest this season.

I haven’t posted in this thread, nor followed it closely. Whilst recognising that it was best for him to leave because he wasn’t quite if the required standard to make it at United (despite us having had worse players), I - like most fans I feel - wished him well for the future. I think most people like seeing academy products do well.

As I understand it, the ire in this thread is because he made a post which was construed as shit talking the club. And a lot of people jumped on him for that. Rightly so to some degree, because it was an extremely unprofessional thing to do. Perhaps he was bitter about not making it here? I don’t know. Maybe his post has been cleared up in the intervening pages, and I’ve missed that.

I think you're missing the point. United fans are usually very respectful to young players who leave. He's the one was disrespectful to the club and fans that helped start his career.

It was a social media post, meme, or whatever, nothing more. I am sure he is greateful to the club, he might as well be talking about the manager who played his favourite player Anthony instead of him all the time, he even played Wout regulary while he was on the bench, and he could well be right if that was the case. But again, it's a fecking social media post.

Because the image implies the guy dodged a bullet by getting out of United. That has a specific negative connotation and is disrespectful to the club that developed him since he was 12.

If he wanted to offer support he could have reached out to him privately saying “yeah it sucks to leave a huge club, but you’ll be happier playing football every week.”

Because the image implies the guy dodged a bullet by getting out of United. That has a specific negative connotation and is disrespectful to the club that developed him since he was 12.

If he wanted to offer support he could have reached out to him privately saying “yeah it sucks to leave a huge club, but you’ll be happier playing football every week.”

Or just post a meme for a laugh. Because that’s how lads his age use social media. It’s not meant to be taken this seriously.