Angel Di Maria | £59.7M fee agreed I Maybe tomorrow...or the day after...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Times are fecked when players would prefer to play for PSG than United.
What can ya do hey.

They are currently in the CL whereas you are not, probably pay higher wages and also Paris is a much nicer city for a footballer to live in than Manchester. Obviously United are a much bigger club but still.

Hardly a poor side after, he'd get to play alongside the likes of Ibra. Right now PSG have the better team.

Worst case: Vidal to Real, Di Maria to PSG and we sign Cavani :lol:
I would kill Woody^^

Di Maria would be great, he will be outstanding in every formation imo, favorite would be him, Vidal and Ander in midfield, Mata in front of them and Rooney and Van Persie as strikers :cool:

No the worst case is we don't buy anyone more.

Honestly I don't understand people who wouldn't want Di Maria here. He's clearly much better than Young and Valencia. Januzaj may or may not develop into a better player but at this moment in time Di Maria is clearly better and in his prime.

We are lacking in other positions but upgrading on what we have is not a bad thing while everyone around us is strenghtening.

Honestly I don't understand people who wouldn't want Di Maria here. He's clearly much better than Young and Valencia. Januzaj may or may not develop into a better player but at this moment in time Di Maria is clearly better and in his prime.

We are lacking in other positions but upgrading on what we have is not a bad thing while everyone around us is strenghtening.

Maybe because he'd cost about 40-50m, have colossal wages, and we seem to be talking a 5-3-2 system, where he won't fit the 2 centre mid positions, won't fit the AM role, and won't be a striker.
Leaving the prospect of him being the most attacking wing back in history!

We're needing more a CM and CB before a player like Di Maria......i think that's the big reason for the most people

Maybe because he'd cost about 40-50m, have colossal wages, and we seem to be talking a 5-3-2 system, where he won't fit the 2 centre mid positions, won't fit the AM role, and won't be a striker.
Yeah, I'm confused that people seem to be unable to get this drawback. It's not that I don't want him here, I just can't see where he'd fit given the system Van Gaal seems to have decided upon. I wanted another winger as much as anyone a week ago, now it seems a lot less necessary.

They are currently in the CL whereas you are not, probably pay higher wages and also Paris is a much nicer city for a footballer to live in than Manchester. Obviously United are a much bigger club but still.

Hardly a poor side after, he'd get to play alongside the likes of Ibra. Right now PSG have the better team.

All very true. Despite this I think if we matched their wages offer he would. Come here. The premier League is the one.

"I want to stop seeing the best players going to other clubs in Spain, I want us to stand out as the best club in the world," said Woodward.

"We'll do absolutely everything we can to achieve that."

So far, not got good (Suarez, James, Kroos).

Hopefully we can at least pick up one of their discarded talents at least.

So far, not got good (Suarez, James, Kroos).

Hopefully we can at least pick up one of their discarded talents at least.
LVG doesn't give a single what Woodward thinks. He'll stick to his vision because he got confidence in pretty much everything he does.

Maybe a suggestion from his Dutch staff, an assistant or perhaps chairman would change that but so far Louie is focused on what he already has.

Nothing lost though. We got full month ahead of a transfer window.

But is LVG playing this system because he wants to or because of the players he has at his disposal? If it's the latter he might want a couple of signings.

Btf_02hIYAEWuas.jpg:large

According to tomorrows Star, LvG has given the green light for Di Maria.

But is LVG playing this system because he wants to or because of the players he has at his disposal? If it's the latter he might want a couple of signings.
Because of Rooney, Van Persie and Mata, essentially. It seems he doesn't want to play one out of position or have to drop them.

What's the point? We're not gonna play with wingers?

If Real don't want him then sure lets welcome him with open arms...but if Real want £45 million for their unwanted players then they can sod off!

He's pretty versatile as wingers go. He could take Rafael, Mata or Van Persie's role in our 352.

Don't know why people against this.

He adds pace and more importantly a good end product. Can play in variety of positions. Would be delighted if it happens.

BeIN are owned by the guy who owns PSG, I can read Arabic and that's what they've reported.

He adds pace and more importantly a good end product. Can play in variety of positions. Would be delighted if it happens.
Unbelievable.

He's a game changer, he can beat players with ease with his world class dribbling and technique. Opponents would fear facing him when he has possession.

Break the bank for him.

We can play Di Maria, he works hard and is a joy to watch. He is better than any of the wide men we have by absolute miles.

He is, by a mile, the BEST winger available at the moment; not to mention the most versatile.

The same people who still think Anderson will come good

The same people who still think Anderson will come good
Or just the people that don't see where a £40m attacking midfielder slash winger fits into a side playing three at the back, and already featuring Mata, Rooney and Van Persie.

But otherwise yeah, we're morons.

Or just the people that don't see where a £40m attacking midfielder slash winger fits into a side playing three at the back, and already featuring Mata, Rooney and Van Persie.

But otherwise yeah, we're morons.
Yeah, anyone that thinks that Di Maria wouldn't be a fantastic signing for us are morons.

Whose place does he take?
Turn back Tony's, Young, Nani. He can play right, left and centre. Whatever system LVG uses, Di Maria will fit. You can't just turn players of his calibre down.

Turn back Tony's, Young, Nani. He can play right, left and centre. Whatever system LVG uses, Di Maria will fit. You can't just turn players of his calibre down.

Not to mention we don't have anyone with the pace that he has, that's something we are lacking at the moment.

Wing-back, bench and bench?

I would welcome Di Maria, but if we do get him, we will need to abandon this 3-5-2 formation. Di Maria would not fit there.

Also while LVG did say that we do have too much number 10s, Di Maria is exactly the number 10-ish winger. Yes, he can play on the side, you can even argue that is his primary position, but still. So if he will come here, i don't really understand how LVG will fit him.

He's perfectly capable of playing both left wing-back, CM and AM (albeit a different AM). Would be a fantastic signing.

If we are going 4-3-3 long term and intend to use Di Maria as a winger, it makes perfect sense. It does mean that van Persie Rooney and Mata will be fighting for two positions (Mata and Rooney for the most advanced of the midfield 3, Rooney and RVP for the #9 role).

I think Nani is past the point of no return as is Ashley Young (doesn't necessarily mean they'll be leaving though). That leaves Januzaj, Valencia and Mata/Kagawa/Welbeck out of position. Di Maria or someone of similar quality/potential on the wing is as much of a priority as an out and out CM as far as I'm concerned. There's quantity at the club, but a SERIOUS lack of quality. Between our natural wingers last season (Young, Nani and Valencia) you've got very little genuine creativity from the wings. Di Maria did it against us in 2013, we all saw how good he was when he went out wide in the CL final and he has a track record of laying on chances for his teammates in any position he plays.

We won't sign him. PSG and Madrid playing games to try to get each other to compromise I reckon.

As usual our name gets used.

Status
Not open for further replies.