Andreas Pereira | Granada Loan Watch

He really reminds me of Coutinho.

No need for us to buy Griezmann at all, just play Pereira forward. Playing him in a deeper role would be a waste.

If we keep playing 4-2-3-1

Fabinho, Pogba
Pereira, Mikhi, Martial
New CF

Ditch that formation

-------------------Bakayoko-----------------------------
----------Pereira----------------Pogba-------------
-------------------Mkhitaryan-----------------------
--------------Griezman---Lukaku-----------------------

------------------------TFM-----------------------------
-----------Herrera--------------Fellaini/Lingard-------
------------------------Mata-------------------------
----------------Rashford---Martial------------------

Keeping Ibra is an option to but i'd like to see more dynamic forwards

To make this work we also really need to invest in our fullbacks, Semedo for RB with Valencia in reserve and Rordiguez for LB with Shaw/CBJ in reserve would be good signings in that system

Ditch that formation

-------------------Bakayoko-----------------------------
----------Pereira----------------Pogba-------------
-------------------Mkhitaryan-----------------------
--------------Griezman---Lukaku-----------------------

------------------------TFM-----------------------------
-----------Herrera--------------Fellaini/Lingard-------
------------------------Mata-------------------------
----------------Rashford---Martial------------------

Keeping Ibra is an option to but i'd like to see more dynamic forwards

To make this work we also really need to invest in our fullbacks, Semedo for RB with Valencia in reserve and Rordiguez for LB with Shaw/CBJ in reserve would be good signings in that system

Samedo, Bakayoko, Griezmann, Lukaku, Rodriguez? There's 300 million right there.

Why Bakayoko when Fabinho is clearly the better player? Not to mention that Fabinho actually is a holding MF/DMF, whilst Bakayoko is b2b with terrible passing range...pretty much smaller but faster and more agile Fellaini.

Valencia is our player of the season so far and Rodriguez will join Inter.

Griezmann too expensive for a player that is a system player, only working as a #10 or SS.

Lukaku I have no problem with.

Samedo, Bakayoko, Griezmann, Lukaku, Rodriguez? There's 300 million right there.

Why Bakayoko when Fabinho is clearly the better player? Not to mention that Fabinho actually is a holding MF/DMF, whilst Bakayoko is b2b with terrible passing range...pretty much smaller but faster and more agile Fellaini.

Valencia is our player of the season so far and Rodriguez will join Inter.

Griezmann too expensive for a player that is a system player, only working as a #10 or SS.

Lukaku I have no problem with.

I don't know why Fabinho is clearly the better player

Valencia is already 32 and Semedo would be an upgrade to him

If Rodriguez is to join Milan, put him off my list, I didn't know that. Shaw/CBJ can also work altough I think it is real shame we have fecked around with Shaw for all this time and the better player will be joining Inter for far less money, it is a darn shame. But make no mistake our fullback position is in need of quality injection if we want to improve.

Griezmann is exactly the type of player we need at this club as he is similar quality player like Hazard and it is those kind of players we are lacking upfront to score our goals

United can get these players if it makes some space in the squad and puts some big wages of the list, following players can go as far as I'am concerned:
-Rooney (can even get 50m for him if we sell him to china)
-Carrick
-Schweinsteiger
-Young
-Ibra
-Darmian

And I wouldn't mind selling Jones either

I don't know why Fabinho is clearly the better player

Valencia is already 32 and Semedo would be an upgrade to him

If Rodriguez is to join Milan, put him off my list, I didn't know that. Shaw/CBJ can also work altough I think it is real shame we have fecked around with Shaw for all this time and the better player will be joining Inter for far less money, it is a darn shame. But make no mistake our fullback position is in need of quality injection if we want to improve.

Griezmann is exactly the type of player we need at this club as he is similar quality player like Hazard and it is those kind of players we are lacking upfront to score our goals

United can get these players if it makes some space in the squad and puts some big wages of the list, following players can go as far as I'am concerned:
-Rooney (can even get 50m for him if we sell him to china)
-Carrick
-Schweinsteiger
-Young
-Ibra
-Darmian

And I wouldn't mind selling Jones either

Fabinho has pretty much everything better than Bakayoko and he's also 23. Better technique, passing, positioning, reads the game, 188cm so won't be a pushover either, plays as DMF, holding MF and RB.

Valencia is 32 but a physical freak and can easily keep it up for another 2 years.

Griezmann and Hazard can't be more different. Hazard is a penetrative winger that can dribble, has crazy pace and speed, capable of going past few players.

Griezmann is a great finisher that can create with his passing and vision.

- Rooney won't accept to be sold to China
- Carrick will retire
- not sure we can even get 10 million for BFS. more likely we will let him go for free just to free his wages
- Young took a pay cut, Mourinho fancies him and he's important for the team atmosphere
- we can't sell him as his contract is up
- We can get 10 million from some Italian club at best for Darmian.

Fabinho has pretty much everything better than Bakayoko and he's also 23. Better technique, passing, positioning, reads the game, 188cm so won't be a pushover either, plays as DMF, holding MF and RB.

Valencia is 32 but a physical freak and can easily keep it up for another 2 years.

Griezmann and Hazard can't be more different. Hazard is a penetrative winger that can dribble, has crazy pace and speed, capable of going past few players.

Griezmann is a great finisher that can create with his passing and vision.

- Rooney won't accept to be sold to China
- Carrick will retire
- not sure we can even get 10 million for BFS. more likely we will let him go for free just to free his wages
- Young took a pay cut, Mourinho fancies him and he's important for the team atmosphere
- we can't sell him as his contract is up
- We can get 10 million from some Italian club at best for Darmian.

I know we won't get money for Carrick, Schweinsteiger and Young but they will clear up alot of money just by being of our wage list

I know we won't get money for Carrick, Schweinsteiger and Young but they will clear up alot of money just by being of our wage list

They will but you still need to pay transfer fee's for those players.

Samedo, Rodriguez, Bakayoko, Griezmann and Lukaku can't be bought for under 250 million tbh.

Only exception is Rodriguez who will be a free agent this summer I think, but we would still need to pay him a big sign-up bonus.

Late at night, I open the Pereira thread to read about, surprise surprise, Pereira, and I'm instead greeted with some adolescent FM or FIFA bullshit of replacing half the squad with players who undoubtedly few of us have seen on a regular basis. Maybe a transfer thread would be better suited for that nonsense?

Late at night, I open the Pereira thread to read about, surprise surprise, Pereira, and I'm instead greeted with some adolescent FM or FIFA bullshit of replacing half the squad with players who undoubtedly few of us have seen on a regular basis. Maybe a transfer thread would be better suited for that nonsense?

What do you mean, he's a Manchester United player?

What do you mean, he's a Manchester United player?
@Rossa meant that instead of finding update on progress of Perreira in his own thread, the thread was turned into a discussion of FM & FIFA where some posters were playing with plenty of players from other teams. Transfer thread would be more appropriate for this type of speculating discussion

Last edited:
@Rossa meant that instead of finding update on progress of Perreira in his own thread, the thread was turned into a discussion of FM & FIFA where some posters were playing with plenty of players from other teams.

Oh right! Cheers for clearing that up!

Sorry @Rossa

This.

:D Is right.

@Rossa meant that instead of finding update on progress of Perreira in his own thread, the thread was turned into a discussion of FM & FIFA where some posters were playing with plenty of players from other teams. Transfer thread would be more appropriate for this type of speculating discussion

Thou art right. Considering the hour, I might have been grumpy.

Experience in what, exactly? Dominating?
And we don't know that he can "do a job", as he plays bad more often than he plays good, and had let us down multiple times.

Overall experience from being a senior football player. A youngster is more likely to blow hot and cold.

Fellaini proved vital at the end of LvG's first season to achieve top 4. He usually follows instructions to a tee. Utilizing him right is of course needed to get the best out of him, but that is up to the manager.

PEREIRA: I FEEL LIKE A UNITED PLAYER

Andreas Pereira may be on loan at Granada but the fact the talented midfielder has had the knowledge he is a Manchester United player in his mind throughout has helped him to shine.

Although Granada are embroiled in a relegation fight in La Liga, the 21-year-old has enjoyed an excellent campaign on a personal level, holding down a permanent place in the side by making 26 league appearances, 25 of them as a starter.

Coach Lucas Alcaraz has trusted Pereira after replacing Paco Jemez at the helm and the Brazil Under-20 international has kept in regular contact with the United staff and players. It all bodes well for the youngster, who is determined to fight for a place in Jose Mourinho's first-team squad next season.

"I'm playing well," he told ManUtd.com. "I’m trying to do my job and am getting a lot of minutes. For me, it’s been very good playing here at a high level in Spain, in La Liga, every week. I get to train and focus hard for the games and, for me, it’s been very good. Unfortunately for the team, it’s been a bit difficult this season but we’re trying to get out of this situation as quickly as possible.

"There are a lot of young players here so I think, in the beginning, it was very difficult as we didn’t know each other. After the second round of games, we played better and better as we got to know each other more and more. So I think things will get better for us in the last 10 games now.

"It’s a very good league and a very high level. The football here is different than in England but it’s good to test yourself to see what level you are at and to improve every week."

Pereira has more than held his own in midfield against some of the star names in Spanish football when taking on the likes of Atletico Madrid, Barcelona and Real Madrid, an observation we put to him.

"Thank you," he replied. "I try to do my best and, yes, it's very special to play against the big teams like that. I’m very happy that I could play a good game against the big teams and it is good for my confidence to see players who have competed at the highest level in the world and, when playing against them, you can do damage to them, like you can to other teams.

"I always keep in my mind that I’m a Manchester United player and I should do what I’m doing. That is the main aim. I always have this in my mind. I should do well against everyone and I always keep this in my thoughts."

The change in coach did not hamper Pereira's progress and the words of encouragement from Old Trafford have also helped him push on this season, as planned.

"I was worried in the beginning as I came here because of him [Jemez]," the midfielder said. "When he was sacked, I was wondering a bit what is going to happen now? I just focused and worked hard, like I am doing now, and the new manager came in and liked the way I played and the things I did. I am still playing so I think that’s a good sign.

"It was also nice to hear from Jose Mourinho [ahead of the loan] and it’s nice that the people at United trust me and I always feel that they are watching. For me, that’s very important. I don’t feel like you’re left alone, when you go on loan, if you know what I mean, and it feels good. I still feel part of it. I’m doing my thing here but I’m still a United player and that’s the end of the story.

"[Assistant manager] Rui Faria sometimes sends me messages and asks how it is going. He contacted me to say I scored a good goal and I am happy when I get recognised for doing good things and to know that they’re watching. I’m very happy that the fans watch me too and I am focused here in Granada on taking them out of this situation. Hopefully, I will come back next season and show the fans and everyone at United that I am ready.

"I speak with Adnan [Januzaj] sometimes and [Paul] Pogba, Timothy [Fosu-Mensah], [Eric] Bailly, [Antonio] Valencia. I keep in touch with lots of players, [Juan] Mata too, as I was there a long time and they’re my friends. I miss them as well, to be honest, so it’s good to keep in touch. Sometimes, when we have days off, we try to see each other but it’s difficult with the flights here as there are none direct from Manchester."

The gifted schemer's goal remains to succeed at United, even if his short-term aims are obviously concentrated on Granada and their battle to beat the drop.

"It’s my dream to play for United on a regular basis," he stressed. "It always has been a dream but now I’m here at Granada and I have to focus here to get us out of this situation. My dream will always be there and, next season, I will fight for it.

"We have 10 games left here so I can’t say it’s impossible. It will be hard, of course, but I will try my best until the very last game and try to ensure we’re not relegated."

All good stuff. He's probably been the most successful loanee we've sent out in years. Can't wait to see him with the first team next season.

http://www.laliga.es/en/player/andreas-pereira

DEFENSIVES

Blocked shots: 16
Interceptions: 0
Recoveries: 120
Clearances: 8

Tackles
Successful: 17
Unsuccessful: 15
Last man: 0

Duels
Challenges: +114 -154 / 42.0 %
In the air: +20 -31 / 39.0 %

---------------------------------------

BUILD UP PLAY

Passes
Long: +53 -64 / 45.0 %
Short: +514 -136 / 79.0 %
Total: +567 -200 / 73.0 %

Detail
Total forward: 259
Total back: 146
Crosses: +4 -49 / 7.0 %
Key passes: 33

ATTACK

Shots
Total: 40
On target: 16 / 40.0 %

Assists: 2
Dribbles: +54 -36 / 60.0 %

DISCIPLINE

Yellows: 7
2nd yellow: 0
Reds: 0
Offsides: 0
Fouls suffered: 31
Fouls committed: 38
Penalties won: 0
Penalties given away: 0

He's very positives isn't he. One thing for sure, he's taking his chances very well, contesting for a place in the squad next season.

It's good Mourinho and his assistant are keeping in touch and monitoring his progress, perhaps sign of him being short listed already.

Pereira's playstyle is more of the hardworking type, he doesn't shirk from defensive duty responsibility and attacking wise, he have the guts to have a go. His gutsy performances against Barca and Real are nice sights to see.

I'm sure he'll do well under Mourinho next season.

Reactions: Invictus
Pereira has more than held his own in midfield against some of the star names in Spanish football when taking on the likes of Atletico Madrid, Barcelona and Real Madrid, an observation we put to him.

"Thank you," he replied. "I try to do my best and, yes, it's very special to play against the big teams like that. I’m very happy that I could play a good game against the big teams and it is good for my confidence to see players who have competed at the highest level in the world and, when playing against them, you can do damage to them, like you can to other teams.

"I always keep in my mind that I’m a Manchester United player and I should do what I’m doing. That is the main aim. I always have this in my mind. I should do well against everyone and I always keep this in my thoughts."

absolutely love this mentality. It's what we've missed in recent years. If I'm reading this correctly, he gets a boost being a man united player, helps him feel unfazed against the top opposition of say Barca and Madrid. As though it's great to play well against those teams as the interviewer suggests but his retort is that it's expected - he's United quality.

If I'm interpreting it right , man a few of our squad now could use that insight

The kids mentality is going to take him a very long way in the game, refreshing to see in this day an age but let's hope he makes it here!

Great to hear. Sounds like having the right mentality to succeed. I rate his talent too

He seems to have improved a lot. Taking his chances.

The atmosphere in here for the first half year, was that he wasn't that much in consideration for next years squad.. now he is..

But looking at his stats, I think he would do good with another year on loan to be honest - why stop what is improving? It'd be good with some patience, and to pull back in a both mature and fully developed player, instead of one that would sit on the bench in at least 1/2 games. Rather have him develop more and have him feature in 2/3 games. That'd be like a free signing, and he would have more skill - great for all parties.

The atmosphere in here for the first half year, was that he wasn't that much in consideration for next years squad.. now he is..

But looking at his stats, I think he would do good with another year on loan to be honest - why stop what is improving? It'd be good with some patience, and to pull back in a both mature and fully developed player, instead of one that would sit on the bench in at least 1/2 games. Rather have him develop more and have him feature in 2/3 games. That'd be like a free signing, and he would have more skill - great for all parties.
Granada may get relegation. Loaning to another club would be risky & counter productive. And why would we do that when he would really need some cover in midfield?

Which stats made you think that?

Which stats made you think that?

The one with 73% pass completion I'd say triggered my response. This should be higher for a club like United. This probably has gotten better and better the last couple of months, but still a way to go. And 2 goals, 4 assists. I think he has the capability of more, if he is eased in. Would be a shame to bring him back with 30% of the job still left to do, to become an important player - and let him only have 10 games a season - if anything, this regular gametime at Granada, has really proven to work with him.

Also I think a similar club to Granada could be found - Deportivo La Coruna for instance - struggling financially and looking for good players on loan + playing same sort of football as Granada.

The one with 73% pass completion I'd say triggered my response. This should be higher for a club like United
It will be higher in the club like United. He is playing for a relegation-zone team, they don't have the luxury of controlling the ball for prolonged periods of time, so it's all about quick transitions (and Pereira quite often takes risks, because someone has to). Plus if there would be better forwards at the end of his passes, the completion rate will increase too

The one with 73% pass completion I'd say triggered my response. This should be higher for a club like United. This probably has gotten better and better the last couple of months, but still a way to go. And 2 goals, 4 assists. I think he has the capability of more, if he is eased in. Would be a shame to bring him back with 30% of the job still left to do, to become an important player - and let him only have 10 games a season - if anything, this regular gametime at Granada, has really proven to work with him.

Also I think a similar club to Granada could be found - Deportivo La Coruna for instance - struggling financially and looking for good players on loan + playing same sort of football as Granada.

Well he’s the player in Granada’s team who creates the most, takes the risks with his passes etc. Just throwing it in there, it’s be interesting to find out Giggsy’s pass completion % during his last years. And before someone jumps at it, no, I’m not comparing the players, more the roles. Neymar’s pass% 76.7%, Alexis Sanchez 73.7%, Sigurdsson 76.1% - Creative players who try the more difficult passes to get through the strikers tend to misplace passes.

Pereira is Granada’s 3rd best goalscorer (4 goals) and assist (3 assists) maker. Been involved in 1/3 Granada’s goals. Most shots per game, most key passes per game, 3rd most dribbles per game, most crosses per game… The goal and assist tallies are decent for a poor team fighting for relegation. Could be better, but I wouldn’t hold it against him. But yeah, I wouldn’t focus on pass completion% when judging whether he’s ready to play at United. Watch his games, he’s incredibly consistent, works really hard also defensively, has superb close control and makes the correct decision with the ball most of the time.

I’d say that’s a perfect example why one should never just go to whoscored/Squawka, focus on one stat, and base an argument on it. Probably been guilty of this myself as well.

No reason why he couldn’t, or shouldn’t take that last 30% at United under Mourinho, learning from experienced attacking players such as Mata, Mkhitaryan and Zlatan.

Last edited:
Well he’s the player in Granada’s team who creates the most, takes the risks with his passes etc. Just throwing it in there, it’s be interesting to find out Giggsy’s pass completion % during his last years. And before someone jumps at it, no, I’m not comparing the players, more the roles. Neymar’s pass% 76.7%, Alexis Sanchez 73.7%, Sigurdsson 76.1% - Creative players who try the more difficult passes to get through the strikers tend to misplace passes.

Pereira is Granada’s 3rd best goalscorer (4 goals) and assist (3 assists) maker. Most shots per game, most key passes per game, 3rd most dribbles per game, most crosses per game… The goal and assist tallies are decent for a poor team fighting for relegation. Could be better, but I wouldn’t hold it against him. But yeah, I wouldn’t focus on pass completion% when judging whether he’s ready to play at United. Watch his games, he’s incredibly consistent, works really hard also defensively, has superb close control and makes the correct decision with the ball most of the time.

You do have a point. But could he be even better if he got more regular game time? Some of those players you mention are playing further up the field I think though. It's more acceptable to win/lose some there. Herrera, who he'd be displacing has better completion-rate I think. The machinery in midfield sometimes just need to tick and be fast-paced with pushing the tempo - I guess Perreira could do that too, but he'd be better off more complete before he returns, if you ask me.

You do have a point. But could he be even better if he got more regular game time? Some of those players you mention are playing further up the field I think though. It's more acceptable to win/lose some there. Herrera, who he'd be displacing has better completion-rate I think. The machinery in midfield sometimes just need to tick and be fast-paced with pushing the tempo - I guess Perreira could do that too, but he'd be better off more complete before he returns, if you ask me.

He hasn’t played anywhere near the Herrera role at Granada. Plays behind the striker with Chelsea’s Boga. If he plays for us next season, it’ll be either Pogba’s role in a 4-3-3, or behind the striker/on the left in a 4-2-3-1. Or if we continue this adventure with 3-4-3, he’d be the left sided player behind the striker. He could develop into a central midfielder, but based on what I’ve seen, especially at Granada, those are the most fitting roles for him at the moment. I don’t think I’ve seen Herrera more than a couple of times as high up on the pitch as Pereira this season.

It all depends on José. Hoping to hear some contract news in the next 7 weeks, too. If he can get around 25 matches (starting + from the bench) next season, I’d be happy. Could be wishful thinking though. But I wouldn’t sign a backup/rotation player for Martial, I’d mix it up with Pereira and Lingard.

Last edited:
He doesn't necessarily have to replace anyone, he can be a viable option off the bench, cup games, weaker opposition and an option if someone needs a rest. He can play anywhere in midfield including out wide so he'll get plenty of game time.

Could he play in Herrera's role? As a box to box type midfielder but with more flair/attacking savvy? Coz if so, he'd be ideal to fill Schweinsteiger's gap in the squad and would add another midfield option without needing to spend. We'd only need a Carrick replacement in CM then. Whereas as it stands, I feel we'd need a Carrick replacement and one other guy to rotate with Herrera.

Could he play in Herrera's role? As a box to box type midfielder but with more flair/attacking savvy? Coz if so, he'd be ideal to fill Schweinsteiger's gap in the squad and would add another midfield option without needing to spend. We'd only need a Carrick replacement in CM then. Whereas as it stands, I feel we'd need a Carrick replacement and one other guy to rotate with Herrera.

He probably could, but the only part of his game I’m not convinced of, is his positional discipline. Would perhaps be safer to give him games as an ”8” in the early rounds of the cup in the beginning or when/if we play 3-4-3. We saw what happened when we tried to play two not-so-great-defensively midfielders with a back four. So ideally not, but starting with subs in when a match is finished and early cup rounds, he could have time to develop that part of his game. That’s my opinion.

In a 3 man midfield he would be a good option, although despite his great work ethic, he still isn't as energetic as Herrera in terms of a ball-winning. In a 2-man midfield with Pogba it'll be even worse. If we somehow sign a great holding player (more mobile and energetic than Carrick), Pereira would be a great squad option though, but it's a big if

11:32SAMUEL LUCKHURST
United's situation works to Pereira's advantage
Andreas Pereira has mainly played for Granada on the left flank and United could do with more variety there next season. Marcus Rashford’s finishing notwithstanding, he showed at Boro how much more adept he is through the middle and it is possible specialist left winger Ashley Young - out of contract next year - could leave in the summer. Anthony Martial’s squad number switch saw him recognised as a winger but United will need an alternative to the France international.

Pereira’s first game under Wigan came in a deep-lying midfield role and he might get opportunities there if Michael Carrick leaves. He’s played there just once for Granada but it’s another option for United’s depleted midfield.

GettyImages-576578498.jpg

Although he should get a chance next season, i doubt Mourinho will give him one and i wouldn't be confident in Mourinho being able to develop him let alone any other young player.

Although he should get a chance next season, i doubt Mourinho will give him one and i wouldn't be confident in Mourinho being able to develop him let alone any other young player.

I'm not sure. If you watch him play for Granada his work rate is absolutely fantastic. Mourinho should be impressed.

I'm not sure. If you watch him play for Granada his work rate is absolutely fantastic. Mourinho should be impressed.
That is what he like most from his players. If he gets a chance in pre-season to show that, then he will have a good chance. I think he has more of a chance than Januzaj, due to attitude and work ethic.