Andreas Pereira | Granada Loan Watch

It's not about whether he would get any time. It's about whether he would get enough game time to develop as a player and if being in another club would be more beneficial for him (and us in the long term)

Appreciated but as Jose has a very particular way of playing which is vastly different from Louis' (and Andreas' previous stint) then there is more benefit in regular training and tactical conditioning behind the scenes than just valuing game time alone. Again, I appreciate that my short post prior to this doesn't allude to that element but it is an important factor and one hopefully that will be benefitting TFM longer term.

I feel Pereira is better than Granada as many of us do and unless he was playing regularly at a better calibre of club then looking at game time alone isn't enough at this level. He'd be better off learning the ins and outs of Jose's style every day at United than flashing the brilliance and silky skills that we all know are there at a floundering club.

He could be a squad player but he's not gonna be a challenge to Herrera or Pogba next season.

It's not about whether he would get any time. It's about whether he would get enough game time to develop as a player and if being in another club would be more beneficial for him (and us in the long term)

TBH to me it seems he is good enough to be first choice backup in a couple of positions for us which should afford him enough game time. Depending on who we bring in during the transfer window it would be good for him to stay. Just depends if Jose sees it the same way.

Would much rather he got chances ahead of Lingard, Fellaini when we need someone to cover Mhiki/Mata/Herrera

I'm sure Herrera would struggle in La Liga

Of course he wouldn't, but put him in a Granada team I guess it would be hard for him to set the world alight. Pereira already exceeded my expectation given the circumstances.

He has put in some very good performances in that team and against some very good opposition too. We need to give this lad a chance

Appreciated but as Jose has a very particular way of playing which is vastly different from Louis' (and Andreas' previous stint) then there is more benefit in regular training and tactical conditioning behind the scenes than just valuing game time alone. Again, I appreciate that my short post prior to this doesn't allude to that element but it is an important factor and one hopefully that will be benefitting TFM longer term.

I feel Pereira is better than Granada as many of us do and unless he was playing regularly at a better calibre of club then looking at game time alone isn't enough at this level. He'd be better off learning the ins and outs of Jose's style every day at United than flashing the brilliance and silky skills that we all know are there at a floundering club.
At his stage of development game time is more important than learning a particular style of play. Not to mention that Mourinho may not always be our manager anyway. Pereira got 11 appearances in LVG's last season and he didn't feel that was enough, so unless we're ready to offer him significantly more minutes there is no point.

I think the loan at Granada is doing him a lot of good as he is having to knuckle down and improve the defensive side of his game as well. Those are skills he'll need if he's going to become a United regular. Just the flash won't cut it.

Of course he wouldn't, but put him in a Granada team I guess it would be hard for him to set the world alight. Pereira already exceeded my expectation given the circumstances.
Herrera was in an Athletic side that admittedly better than Granada could still put in very good perfomances against teams much better than even this Atletico side.

Herrera being one of their better players too.

At his stage of development game time is more important than learning a particular style of play. Not to mention that Mourinho may not always be our manager anyway. Pereira got 11 appearances in LVG's last season and he didn't feel that was enough, so unless we're ready to offer him significantly more minutes there is no point.

I think the loan at Granada is doing him a lot of good as he is having to knuckle down and improve the defensive side of his game as well. Those are skills he'll need if he's going to become a United regular. Just the flash won't cut it.

To me his consistency and work morale have been the biggest positives this season. The natural talent is there and we’ve seen glimpses of it at United (be it the rare first team appearance or reserves), but he’s delivering stable 7-9 out of 10 performances week in, week out. We need a couple of more players in our midfield and I really hope he gets a chance. I think he’s ready for PL, perhaps not a starting role, but he should get enough playing time if we’re competing in all fronts (EL/CL). I’d say he’s still not ready for the box-to-box role in England, but he might have that in his locker, but at the moment I’d say he’s more of an attacking midfielder than any of those we’ve got at the moment (not counting Mata or Micki on this). A lot depends on the new signings, after all, Pereira’s got only one more year in his contract (plus an option for 2018-2019), I wouldn’t sign another left winger or a rotation option for Pogba. This kiddo can do it.

To me his consistency and work morale have been the biggest positives this season. The natural talent is there and we’ve seen glimpses of it at United (be it the rare first team appearance or reserves), but he’s delivering stable 7-9 out of 10 performances week in, week out. We need a couple of more players in our midfield and I really hope he gets a chance. I think he’s ready for PL, perhaps not a starting role, but he should get enough playing time if we’re competing in all fronts (EL/CL).
I'd be happy to have him here if Mourinho will give him 20+ games a season. I'm just not sure that would happen. I see a lot of potential in him so I don't want him stagnating on the bench and going to waste.

I'd be happy to have him here if Mourinho will give him 20+ games a season. I'm just not sure that would happen. I see a lot of potential in him so I don't want him stagnating on the bench and going to waste.

I do understand the worry, kind of share it. I blindly think that Mourinho will rotate more after the pressured first season is done (especially if he gets another trophy), which could help Pereira get 25 games or so, half of them from the bench.

Both Pereiras, Joel had a great half-a-season at Belenenses. And if he didn't get injured, Henderson's would be classed as a good loan deal, too. Johnstone hasn't conceded in 4 of his last 5 matches as Villa.

Thing is that both Pereira and Henderson were called back, just as things started going for them (especially Henderson). Johnstone's loan is going well.
so probably should have written that at least one non-keeper loan is working.
The experience of this year, both in regularly playing and fighting against relegation, will only do him good.

Pereira on his loan spell: "When you’re young on the bench you can’t show yourself really. Here, I’m showing I am a good player, ready to play.”

That's a great attitude for Pereira to have. I love this kid! Hope he has a great pre-season with us and stays with United next season.

*Edit: I should give credit to @DWelbz19 for posting the article where the quote came from and The Guardian

Thanks @DWelbz19 ! Nice interview from Andreas who comes across very well. The fact that he's seen at the teams translator is impressive, too.

Sad for the Chelsea players, i think they have zero chance playing for Chelsea next season.
You're right, because it's a 2 year Granada loan deal for both! :D

Now would be a great time to recall him if we can..
Not sure we would've included a clause to recall him, most lower league teams wouldn't agree to a clause, especially if he's one of their best players.

I don't think we are in terrible need of a player like him right now, so i don't see how recalling him would solve anything.

What we lack is midfield depth.

I don't think we can but it wouldn't make sense to recall him anyway.

He will need to train with the first team and find his feet in a new league. By which time Poggers will be back.

Also he's an integral part of the Granada team fighting for survival. If we recall him now, no way will they ever accept loanees from us given the risk of them being removed at the most inappropriate moment. And if they survive we'd probably like them to take TFM or Tuanzebe next year.

I don't think we have much to gain and we have more to lose by recalling him now.

He's getting a lot of minutes consistently right now which he needs, it would be disruptive to take him back now and let him play the odd game here and there. Plus i don't think Grenada will be too pleased about it too.

Yeah, but more of a #10 than a box-to-box midfielder or defensive midfielder that we need right now.
Well I disagree, I think he is better in a deeper role. Pogba is the one out anyway and Andreas could fill in their. He could also play in a three with Ander and Pogba. Or with one of them and Carrick behind, especially against weaker sides. Dominating teams and putting Fellaini in to sit in front of the back line is a waste of time as he barely has to defend and Fellaini isn't even good at it anyway. Bar Carrick, maybe Blind and Pogba, Andreas would have probably the best passing range in the squad and offer a hell of a lot more in those scenarios than Fellaini.

Yeah, but more of a #10 than a box-to-box midfielder or defensive midfielder that we need right now.

He's a #8, perfect understudy for Pogba IMO. The way I see it, I want us to start next season with:
DM: New and Carrick
CM: Pogba, Herrera, Perreira, New (Or Fellaini As Jose seems to rate him)

He's a #8, perfect understudy for Pogba IMO. The way I see it, I want us to start next season with:
I don't even think we need a new CM for that 4th spot. Against weaker opposition and when we try to attack more Mkhi or Mata should be pushing into a central role.

Well I disagree, I think he is better in a deeper role. Pogba is the one out anyway and Andreas could fill in their. He could also play in a three with Ander and Pogba. Or with one of them and Carrick behind, especially against weaker sides. Dominating teams and putting Fellaini in to sit in front of the back line is a waste of time as he barely has to defend and Fellaini isn't even good at it anyway. Bar Carrick, maybe Blind and Pogba, Andreas would have probably the best passing range in the squad and offer a hell of a lot more in those scenarios than Fellaini.

I would prefer the experience of Fellaini to that of Pereira in a situation like this. We know Fellaini can do a job, especially if you play him as the hybrid cm/target man role with Herrera and Carrick in midfield. In a deeper role he also has a better defensive game and i'm not sure Pereira would be ready for a role like that. I think he is better suited to play behind the striker or out left for the moment. I do hope that Pereira could be Pogba's understudy next season.

A creator in a three man midfield i can agree with, but i wouldn't call him a #8 currently, it's all about how you see the game though. I do agree that he would be perfect as the understudy for Pogba next season. Also i hope we buy some competition for the box-to-box role Herrera currently occupies.

Exclusive: Man United’s Andreas Pereira talks about Jose Mourinho and important loan spell

Andreas Pereira is certainly enjoying his football whilst playing on loan in La Liga this season.

Loaned by Manchester United to Granada, the Brazilian midfielder has been impressive during his spell in Spain despite the Andalusia side struggling.

Playing as a number ten, the 21-year-old has been responsible for creating most of the club’s attacking plays as they fight against relegation.

Pereira’s stats – four goals and one assist – may not impress, but it’s not difficult to see the skills and personality he’s been using to help gain control of midfield.

“I think it was very good for me to come here to be able to play regularly,” Pereira tells Sport Witness. “Here I could do this and for me it was very important. The team is not in a good situation, but we’re working hard to get out of it.”

Pereira was loaned at the start of the season, right after the arrival of José Mourinho at Manchester United. That was definitely a decision to give him more playing time, as despite being kept in the squad under Louis van Gaal in 2015/16, the youngster only managed to make 11 appearances.

“Yeah, we’re always talking,” says Pereira about the Portuguese boss. “He’s been following me and I’m happy for that.”

But the manager still hasn’t told his player the position where he could be used next season: “No, it still wasn’t talked about. At the end of the loan, when I get back to Manchester, then we’ll see what happens. For now, I’m focused here and trying to help my team.”

Since making his debut for the club, Pereira has played for United in basically every midfield position so far, and he’s not worried about where he may fit in under Mourinho.

“Actually, if I have to play for Manchester United, I want to play wherever the manager thinks I should play. I can play in many positions and that’s something good.”

Despite being born in Belgium, Pereira is the son of a former Brazilian football player. That’s why he speaks Portuguese and has already represented the country at U20 and U23 level.

Having moved to Manchester United in 2012, at the age of just 16, Pereira has a lot of friends at the club. He recently posted a video on Instagram of a meet-up with his close friend Joel Pereira, who had also been sent out on loan at the start of the season.

“I lived with Joel since I arrived in Manchester. He’s a big friend I was very happy at seeing him again. I keep contact with several players, such as Romero, Rojo and others.”

Pereira’s loan at Granada has turned out well for him. First team football has been great for his confidence and development, and that’s what the player takes from this spell: “It’s important to play, and after a season of course I would have more experience. Certainly I’ve learned how to defend better here.”

Although the player’s contract expires next year, he’s revealed that the talks for a renewal are “not yet” started. But with the football he’s been showing in Spain, Manchester United will likely deal with this soon.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/exclusive...ira-talks-jose-mourinho-important-loan-spell/

Exclusive: Man United’s Andreas Pereira talks about Jose Mourinho and important loan spell

Andreas Pereira is certainly enjoying his football whilst playing on loan in La Liga this season.

Loaned by Manchester United to Granada, the Brazilian midfielder has been impressive during his spell in Spain despite the Andalusia side struggling.

Playing as a number ten, the 21-year-old has been responsible for creating most of the club’s attacking plays as they fight against relegation.

Pereira’s stats – four goals and one assist – may not impress, but it’s not difficult to see the skills and personality he’s been using to help gain control of midfield.

“I think it was very good for me to come here to be able to play regularly,” Pereira tells Sport Witness. “Here I could do this and for me it was very important. The team is not in a good situation, but we’re working hard to get out of it.”

Pereira was loaned at the start of the season, right after the arrival of José Mourinho at Manchester United. That was definitely a decision to give him more playing time, as despite being kept in the squad under Louis van Gaal in 2015/16, the youngster only managed to make 11 appearances.

“Yeah, we’re always talking,” says Pereira about the Portuguese boss. “He’s been following me and I’m happy for that.”

But the manager still hasn’t told his player the position where he could be used next season: “No, it still wasn’t talked about. At the end of the loan, when I get back to Manchester, then we’ll see what happens. For now, I’m focused here and trying to help my team.”

Since making his debut for the club, Pereira has played for United in basically every midfield position so far, and he’s not worried about where he may fit in under Mourinho.

“Actually, if I have to play for Manchester United, I want to play wherever the manager thinks I should play. I can play in many positions and that’s something good.”

Despite being born in Belgium, Pereira is the son of a former Brazilian football player. That’s why he speaks Portuguese and has already represented the country at U20 and U23 level.

Having moved to Manchester United in 2012, at the age of just 16, Pereira has a lot of friends at the club. He recently posted a video on Instagram of a meet-up with his close friend Joel Pereira, who had also been sent out on loan at the start of the season.

“I lived with Joel since I arrived in Manchester. He’s a big friend I was very happy at seeing him again. I keep contact with several players, such as Romero, Rojo and others.”

Pereira’s loan at Granada has turned out well for him. First team football has been great for his confidence and development, and that’s what the player takes from this spell: “It’s important to play, and after a season of course I would have more experience. Certainly I’ve learned how to defend better here.”

Although the player’s contract expires next year, he’s revealed that the talks for a renewal are “not yet” started. But with the football he’s been showing in Spain, Manchester United will likely deal with this soon.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/exclusive...ira-talks-jose-mourinho-important-loan-spell/
Dereliction of duty.

We need to get his new contract sorted as a matter of urgency.

He can rotate with Herrera next year and he can replace Fellaini as the midfielder that comes on off the bench.

I think what impresses me most isn't his dribbling, it's that he knows when and when not to take risks and his passing is sublime. His decision making is very good and he doesn't give the ball away that much. I would love for him to come back here and fight for his place against Herrera, becoming a playmaker from deep with a defensive shield behind him. Herrera has been fantastic this season but I think that Pereira could be better than him. What we need is to maximise Pogba's potential and Pogba is currently hindered by having to come back and try to play a role he isn't suited. Pogba seems to me like a player who plays on instinct, who is very creative when he plays the ball quickly more than someone who ponders on the ball trying to control the play. We need someone to supply our players from deep and honestly, Pereira can be that guy.

He really reminds me of Coutinho.

No need for us to buy Griezmann at all, just play Pereira forward. Playing him in a deeper role would be a waste.

If we keep playing 4-2-3-1

Fabinho, Pogba
Pereira, Mikhi, Martial
New CF

I would prefer the experience of Fellaini to that of Pereira in a situation like this. We know Fellaini can do a job
Experience in what, exactly? Dominating?
And we don't know that he can "do a job", as he plays bad more often than he plays good, and had let us down multiple times.