Ander Herrera - When will he get a game?

Bizarre he was not brought on today.

When Newcastle are just playing with 10 men behind the ball, theres no point needing the no 10 to be pacey. Someone like Herrera would have been more beneficial in his ability to split defenses.

Rooney should have come off for Hernandez and Januzaj for Herrara.

They aren't great at getting in front of the defenders though. They are great at picking up a loose ball. We are relying on a mistake for us to score unless it's both an unbelievable ball & brilliant run from one of them, and they are few and far between.

Most of the crosses attempted are in-swinging looping/whipped ones (unless it's Darmian), which is fodder for the likes of Coloccini.

You don't have to be quick. They are both great at finding space in the box, hence why they score a lot from crosses. Not their fault the crossings poor.

We had next to no threat up front last season, a good proportion of goals were coming from the midfielders, Fellaini, Mata, Herrera. Now there is no threat again up front and he has completely got rid of the midfield threat as well.

And they say he has the the pedigree with stunts like this

And they say he has the the pedigree with stunts like this
There are bound to be injuries or knowing us another Leicester result. He will get a chance, but then he has to take it like last season. It would not surprise me after completly recoaching him last season that he is completely recoaching him again this season all over again. The lads head will be spinning.

Louis saw the light last season but it seems like he needs another reminder. Herrera alongside Schneiderlin please, especially against the likes of Newcastle at home.

Louis saw the light last season but it seems like he needs another reminder. Herrera alongside Schneiderlin please, especially against the likes of Newcastle at home.
He is such a stubborn man. First he is convinced that Memphis can play at No. 10. That doesn't work so he is convinced Januzaj can be the No. 10. That isn't working either, so now what? Get a striker and move Rooney back there? Except where will we get a Manchester United standard striker? He just seems to dig his heels in rather than admit he is wrong. He will have to as this system just isn't working offensively. If we concede in the league I cannot see where a goal will come from. He is being far too pragmatic. We did not need two midfielder in front of that defence today.

Quite ridiculous that Herrera has to prove himself again. We might have bought too many CMs :lol:

This thread is going to be 90% same as the Herrera must start one.

If the question in the title is not rhetoric then the answer is when two of Carrick, Bastian and Morgan are injured.

Quite ridiculous that Herrera has to prove himself again. We might have bought too many CMs :lol:
It is a bit like the Falcao signing last season, it caused problems. We needed someone to share the duties with Michael Carrick, instead we bought two midfielders who he now feels he has to play, at times cutting off the creative route to the front players. Don't get me onto the front problems.:lol:

It is a bit like the Falcao signing last season, it caused problems. We needed someone to share the duties with Michael Carrick, instead we bought two midfielders who he now feels he has to play, at times cutting off the creative route to the front players. Don't get me onto the front problems.:lol:

Unlike Falcao, the CMs we got are top drawer which makes it even tougher.

The AM role behind Rooney has Herrera written all over it with the added bonus that he is good defensively also and will make us even more solid in the centre, and attacking wise he already clicked with Mata, so with game time he will give us something which we are missing.

Before the season began I was hoping we can build a team around Herrera as he ups our tempo and has a eye for a killer pass which we lacked in all our games so far.

I'm just hoping he doesn't feck off elsewhere which I wouldn't blame him for....

We need Herrera. I demand satisfaction.

homer-duel-o.gif

TinyMixedGraywolf.gif

FatalSlimDoctorfish.gif

tumblr_nlnvwzO1lb1qaorn7o1_500.gif

Last edited:
its absurd how this lad gets treated. couldn't watch all the game today, is it true the crowd were chanting for him?

In this formation? Never. He's behind Januzaj, Mata, Memphis as a second striker. He's behind Carrick, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger in the double pivot. He might get a run out as a starter in a dead CL game or a League Cup match.

Personally I've decided to stop hoping to see him on the teamsheet, because I'm convinced (conspiracy theory alert!) that LvG ignores him because the crowd/press like him. Therefore I've decided to pretend that I think dropping him is a good idea :wenger:

Why would he be the answer to our creativity? People complain about our last 6 or so games where we struggled to score. He was also a part of those games and we struggled to score even there. Why is he suddenly seen as a messiah? I agree he is a good player but some of the comments are way over the top.

In this formation? Never. He's behind Januzaj, Mata, Memphis as a second striker. He's behind Carrick, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger in the double pivot. He might get a run out as a starter in a dead CL game or a League Cup match.

Personally I've decided to stop hoping to see him on the teamsheet, because I'm convinced (conspiracy theory alert!) that LvG ignores him because the crowd/press like him. Therefore I've decided to pretend that I think dropping him is a good idea :wenger:

That's his main problem in a nutshell. LVG just doesn't seem to particularly value him at all in our current system.

Why would he be the answer to our creativity? People complain about our last 6 or so games where we struggled to score. He was also a part of those games and we struggled to score even there. Why is he suddenly seen as a messiah? I agree he is a good player but some of the comments are way over the top.
We really didn't need 2 holding midfielders today against Newcastle at home. He quickens the pace in our forward play, and has an eye for goal while we cant score a goal for ourselves it seems

If he doesn't get to play a good number of games this year, he should really leave the club. He's simply wasting his time here.

If he doesn't get to play a good number of games this year, he should really leave the club. He's simply wasting his time here.
I'd rather Van Gaal went. He's only gonna be here for another 2 years tops. Herrera could be a mainstay for 5-6.

I'd rather Van Gaal went. He's only gonna be here for another 2 years tops. Herrera could be a mainstay for 5-6.
I feel the same. If LvG doesn't get us to a higher position this season and we are competing properly in the cups and CL I would rather he went. If we don't sort the attack out we haven't got a cat in hells chance. We cannot rely on the defence not conceding every single game.

I don't think he's that suited to the second striker role personally.

A 3 midfield with Bastian and Morgan, with Morgan deeper would work perfect for these weaker bus parking teams.

I don't think he's that suited to the second striker role personally.

A 3 midfield with Bastian and Morgan, with Morgan deeper would work perfect for these weaker bus parking teams.
He doesn't and if Rooney doesn't move back to 10 and we sign a world class striker, he might as well go back to the three in midfield, because his attacking philosophy is not working. Memphis and Januzaj cannot play as 2nd strikers. Januzaj is obviously his Schweinsteiger project for this season, no matter if it is spoiling the team.

In this formation? Never. He's behind Januzaj, Mata, Memphis, Fellaini, Rooney as a second striker. He's behind Carrick, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger, Blind, Cina's Mum in the double pivot. He might get a run out as a starter in a dead CL game or a League Cup match.

FTFY.

Let's not go overboard, he'll get his chance soon.

He doesn't and if Rooney doesn't move back to 10 and we sign a world class striker, he might as well go back to the three in midfield, because his attacking philosophy is not working. Memphis and Januzaj cannot play as 2nd strikers. Januzaj is obviously his Schweinsteiger project for this season, no matter if it is spoiling the team.
Tadders he's not going to stick with Januzaj, don't worry. He's given him a chance but no way he'll stick with him.

Tadders he's not going to stick with Januzaj, don't worry. He's given him a chance but no way he'll stick with him.
The sooner the better, get him out on loan. Someone teach him to stop falling to the ground at every opportunity.

The thing is Van Gaal is a bit of an idiot. Benching arguably our best midfielder last season makes total sense to him. Much too clever and complicated for us simple minded United fans to understand, mind you.

We really didn't need 2 holding midfielders today against Newcastle at home. He quickens the pace in our forward play, and has an eye for goal while we cant score a goal for ourselves it seems

Our problem wasn't lack of pace in our play. It was finishing. And while Herrera is a good finisher I really don't think he would have made the difference everyone here is expecting him to make. He was decent at best coming on in our previous games this season.

Because he was one of our top scorers and one of our top assisters.

We struggled to create anything in those final games when he was a part of our team. He made very little difference to our attacking play vs Everton west brom crystal palace, teams who attacked on the counter.

If a team is parking the bus, there is no point of playing with 2 defensive minded central midfielders. So instead of subbing on Carrick, LvG should have subbed in Herrera. I am just hoping Herrera loves our club enough, that he doesn't start looking for a move.

He should be given a fair chance Januzaj struggled a bit today. That should be enough for him to have a chance.

We struggled to create anything in those final games when he was a part of our team. He made very little difference to our attacking play vs Everton west brom crystal palace, teams who attacked on the counter.
You're conveniently forgetting that period when we played Spurs, Liverpool and City where he was a mainstay connecting with Mata and a big part of our best performances.

You seem to have more hate for him than LVG.

He plays direct forward passes and could have been useful today. Really stupid what LVG is doing.

Would like to see us playing with only 1 DM. Use Carrick/Schneiderlin there and have Herrera/Schweinsteiger ahead of him in a 4-3-3. Don't put him behind a striker.