Amad Diallo | Rangers loan watch

One of the players who might benefit most from Ten Hag?

He’s a very similar player to Antony and whenever he played for us he looked like an effective presser.
Erik Ten Hag will love him I think if he stays during pre-season.

He might well turn out to be decent but signing him and Pellistri for a combined 29m plus another potential 18m in addons when we had so many glaring holes in the squad is one of the most bizarre decisions we’ve made. Another 45m on a midfielder we didn’t need and 13m on a backup left back, surely out worst transfer window ever.

So a Rangers player received a red card and they subbed off Amad..

That's just unfortunate, because from what I've read online via the Rangers faithful he was doing fine.

So a Rangers player received a red card and they subbed off Amad..

That's just unfortunate, because from what I've read online via the Rangers faithful he was doing fine.
He was decent, my Rangers mate (and others) says he's alright, just doesn't work hard enough. Probably a fair assesment to be honest.

He was decent, my Rangers mate (and others) says he's alright, just doesn't work hard enough. Probably a fair assesment to be honest.
Hopefully we can iron the deficiencies in preseason. Because I don't believe he's had a preseason with us yet.

Hopefully we can iron the deficiencies in preseason. Because I don't believe he's had a preseason with us yet.
Yeah, and realistically, I doubt he's particularly motivated to run his socks off for a manager who'll drop him in a heartbeat.

Let's hope he comes back fit and healthy.

Such a wasted loan move. If he can’t do it in Scotland what chance has he got with us? Surely when we loan players to other teams we should have some sort clause about playing time? It’s incredible the amount of players we loan out and barely get minutes. It also speaks volumes that when Chelsea loan players out it’s usually to other Premier League sides whereas our prospects end up in the Championship or equivalent.

At the time of signing Amad it didn’t make any sense. We desperately needed a starting RW. Instead we signed two.prospects RW and a season later spent £70m on another 20 year old RW. The decisions with transfers has been critical to our demise. He looks like another waste of money.

Such a wasted loan move. If he can’t do it in Scotland what chance has he got with us? Surely when we loan players to other teams we should have some sort clause about playing time? It’s incredible the amount of players we loan out and barely get minutes. It also speaks volumes that when Chelsea loan players out it’s usually to other Premier League sides whereas our prospects end up in the Championship or equivalent.

At the time of signing Amad it didn’t make any sense. We desperately needed a starting RW. Instead we signed two.prospects RW and a season later spent £70m on another 20 year old RW. The decisions with transfers has been critical to our demise. He looks like another waste of money.

I think you're underestimating the standard up there, Rangers have had a decent season, they're in the semi finals of the Europa League.

Some players are not built for loans to lower league sides as their qualities need better players around them. The few times he has been on the pitch for Rangers he looked fine. Even the old firm he wasn’t half as bad as people made out.

His qualities lie in his dribbling, weight of pass and finishing, possibly being able to play in tight spaces. There is no reason why ETH would not see merit in him bolstering the squad - contingent upon him coming in for preseason and working harder and listening more than the next guy. He basically has an underwhelming Elanga and a completely shot Rashford in his way as it stands. I think he could be used a lot in pre season.

Injuries to Morelos and Roofe have thrown Amad a lifeline as Sakala will be our CF from now on. For the RW spot, Amad still competes with Arfield, Aribo, Ramsey and Wright. The first three are midfielders really and not forwards and Wright is not as good as Amad. He will get opportunities in the games that are left imo.

I wouls say try to sell him by using him as exchange players like cash plus Amad and value him as much as how much we paid Atalanta (exclude the adds on bonus). Like cash plus Amad for Antony if ETH wants Antony. It hasn't been worked out at all and better sell him so he can develop with clubs that can actually develop him for years and also willing to develop him. Waste of money and talent.

I wouls say try to sell him by using him as exchange players like cash plus Amad and value him as much as how much we paid Atalanta (exclude the adds on bonus). Like cash plus Amad for Antony if ETH wants Antony. It hasn't been worked out at all and better sell him so he can develop with clubs that can actually develop him for years and also willing to develop him. Waste of money and talent.

Selling a guy who arguably outperformed everyone in our academy at this stage would be very premature.

Sure he cost too much but that isn't his fault. Amad cost us something like 18 mil so far and Hannibal 10mil.

Giving up on either would be stupid.

I hope he has a pre season where he bulks up and just decide to run his socks off every game. He has immense technique but is very soft.

He looks like he’s definitely got tons of Talent. I hope ETH can get him playing well and often for us, would solve a lot of our problems.

You have "United Academy" as your name and that's your suggestion for one of the most highly regarded players of his year group, at least at the time of his signing? We shouldn't be getting rid of him after 1 bad loan spell. He's shown plenty of ability in his brief U23 appearances and even has a goal at EL level. Would be painfully short-sighted to get rid of him so soon. Hasn't worked out? He's still only 19 for Christ's sake.
We took Laird from Swansea and gave him to Bournemouth, isn't that a recall?
That was during a registration window, you're able to move players during January and summer essentially.

He was very, very good in his few games for the U23s.

4G 3A in 3 games last season, 2G 1A in 2 games this season. Admittedly a very small sample size.

The sample size is important. You can’t call someone so rarely available for selection “arguably our best player”. That’s like saying Phil Jones has been “arguably our best defender” this season (tbf he arguably has!)

The sample size is important. You can’t call someone so rarely available for selection “arguably our best player”. That’s like saying Phil Jones has been “arguably our best defender” this season (tbf he arguably has!)
Yeah was going to say Jones actually probably has been :lol: but no, you're correct. He's definitely shown a lot of promise though, even though his Rangers spell has been pretty uninspiring. Sometimes a loan just isn't right for the player, Garner struggled at Watford and is now doing very well at Forrest.

I think if you read this thread you have to take the extreme views and somewhere in the middle, lies the truth. He's talented, but he's not so talented we should be pinning our hopes on him resolving a first team issue, like we did with Greenwood. He needs time and coaching - that doesn't guarantee any sort of success here, but it's really not the end of the world if he doesn't make it here.

Youth signings are always a gamble and I hope we continue to target high potential players.

He was alright on Saturday, just unlucky Rangers had the red card and he came off. He has been decent but a really poor showing v Celtic hurt him I think. He's a good player with a lot of talent but he doesn't work hard enough.

Selling a guy who arguably outperformed everyone in our academy at this stage would be very premature.

Sure he cost too much but that isn't his fault. Amad cost us something like 18 mil so far and Hannibal 10mil.

Giving up on either would be stupid.

To be fair Hannibal is a year younger cost 4m without adds on. If you are going to include Hannibal's adds on then you should include Amad's adds on of 35m or something. James Wilson killed it in our academy and didn't perform at senior level. If Amad isn't going to be used at all next season and we need funds, I wouldn't mind moving on from Amad because it hasn't been worked well between us and him. I'm sure there will be better club that can maximise his true potential. Of course, if we don't need fund or he's part of the manager's plan next season then I would keep Amad. We shouldn't be stopping this guy's development if we don't know how to manage and develop him.