All ticket/travel information thread - 2010/11: Touting will not be tolerated

Clubs are asking for reduced allocations. They can't sell as much as the past as fans aren't willing to pay the prices anymore.

There are tickets left in every single stand for the West Ham game. You can get ticketrs next to each other in about 22 blocks. I have a feeling we're going to be able to pay on the gate for a few games this season.

Clubs are asking for reduced allocations. They can't sell as much as the past as fans aren't willing to pay the prices anymore.

There are tickets left in every single stand for the West Ham game. You can get ticketrs next to each other in about 22 blocks. I have a feeling we're going to be able to pay on the gate for a few games this season.

Do you seriously think Newcastle wouldn't have requested the full away allocation if the game was on the Saturday or Sunday?

Last week of the school holidays so you have a huge amount of people away from home. We played Arsenal on exactly the same weekend last year and that only just sold out a few days before the game.

Sorry GCHQ but you are constantly trying to paint a picture of the club which simply is not accurate. I remeber the hassle I had getting tickets for the first match of the season for several years before I was a season ticket holder. There is usually a crowd of us go now and with every year the spare tickets I need are getting easier and easier to get. Last years first match was played on a Sunday and I could have got as many as I wanted. The hardcore match going supporters who are disillusioned with the club is constantly being eroded

Last week of the school holidays so you have a huge amount of people away from home. We played Arsenal on exactly the same weekend last year and that only just sold out a few days before the game.

West Ham have only taken an allocation of 1,400 for that game. On a normal weekend you'd expect them to request at least 2,500 if not the full 3,100 allocation.

I think you should be banned just for talking shit.

Arsenal went on Viagogo and people from here bought tickets on there last year. It was therefore sold out from the ballot.

Returns were made available after to members who applied in the original ballot and they were mostly shite areas where no one wanted to go. This was around 10 days before the game.

What the feck would you know about tickets anyway? I've always been a OU member so I think I should know better than you about the demand.

Sorry GCHQ but you are constantly trying to paint a picture of the club which simply is not accurate. I remeber the hassle I had getting tickets for the first match of the season for several years before I was a season ticket holder. There is usually a crowd of us go now and with every year the spare tickets I need are getting easier and easier to get. Last years first match was played on a Sunday and I could have got as many as I wanted. The hardcore match going supporters who are disillusioned with the club is constantly being eroded

When tickets went on general sale in the last week before the game?

I think you should be banned just for talking shit.

Arsenal went on Viagogo and people from here bought tickets on there last year. It was therefore sold out from the ballot.

Returns were made available after to members who applied in the original ballot and they were mostly shite areas where no one wanted to go. This was around 10 days before the game.

What the feck would you know about tickets anyway? I've always been a OU member so I think I should know better than you about the demand.

Banned for talking shit?

Tickets for Arsenal only sold out a few days before the game. Do you not there might be a significant reason as to why tickets for the ARSENAL game took a while to completely sell out? Do you not think it's significant that millions of Brits are returning from holiday on the very same weekend that the Arsenal game was held last year and the West Ham match this year?

I've been a season ticket holder and a OU member for a number of years, so yes, I do know about demand to see United at Old Trafford and I know how demand is affected by the timing of the game, whether it's televised or not and the quality of the opposition and competition.

I'll ask this question again because I've noticed you've avoided answering it or addressing it a few times. Do you not think Newcastle would have requested the full 3,100 away allocation for the match at OT had it been scheduled for a Satuday or Sunday kick-off instead of Monday? I could ask the same question about West Ham with regards to the time of the year it's taking place.

A number of teams refused the full allocation of away tickets last season as the section in the South stand is now 50 quid a pop.

West Ham did last season, as did Sunderland along with many others.

These are sides who'd normally bring large followings to OT.

Banned for talking shit?

Tickets for Arsenal only sold out a few days before the game. Do you not there might be a significant reason as to why tickets for the ARSENAL game took a while to completely sell out? Do you not think it's significant that millions of Brits are returning from holiday on the very same weekend that the Arsenal game was held last year and the West Ham match this year?

I've been a season ticket holder and a OU member for a number of years, so yes, I do know about demand to see United at Old Trafford and I know how demand is affected by the timing of the game, whether it's televised or not and the quality of the opposition and competition.

I'll ask this question again because I've noticed you've avoided answering it or addressing it a few times. Do you not think Newcastle would have requested the full 3,100 away allocation for the match at OT had it been scheduled for a Satuday or Sunday kick-off instead of Monday? I could ask the same question about West Ham with regards to the time of the year it's taking place.

What allocation did Newcastle request two seasons ago? What allocation did West Ham request last year?

Maybe you should think of the drop in support Newcastle suffered after going down to the championship. Maybe you should think the same for West Ham after their relegation fight. Maybe you can use your common sense and stop making an arse of yourself while trying to prove a non existent point.

You're already way off the mark with your claim that the Newcastle game would sell out, as there's thousands of tickets left.

And I will tell you again about the Arsenal game.

It was sold out from the ballot. If a game isn't sold out it does not go on Viagogo. It's as simple as that. Stop ignoring this fact.

There will inevitably always be returns which will go on sale a week or so before the game. This has always been the case. I know this from experience. How you would know it with your ST tucked between your legs baffles me.

Banned for talking shit?

If your on about the year when Abebayor scored the late winner then you're wrong. It sold out (I was rejected in the ballot) then returns came available the week leading up to it, then on the Thursday or Friday, they put the remaining on GS.

A number of teams refused the full allocation of away tickets last season as the section in the South stand is now 50 quid a pop.

West Ham did last season, as did Sunderland along with many others.

These are sides who'd normally bring large followings to OT.

That's a fair point and it's for that reason I stated we could expect West Ham to request a 2,500 allocation on a normal weekend. The key point is that neither Newcastle or West Ham have requested the East Stand Upper block E233 where tickets are actually a pound cheaper compared to the corner tickets. West Ham haven't even requested the full corner.

If there are more than 1,000 unsold tickets by the time we get to the fourth home game of the season against West Brom then I will concede that there has been a notable drop in demand for tickets as opposed to the very small decrease that we've witnessed over the last few seasons. We're comparing apples with oranges before that game due to the reasons that I've already given.

What allocation did Newcastle request two seasons ago? What allocation did West Ham request last year?

Maybe you should think of the drop in support Newcastle suffered after going down to the championship. Maybe you should think the same for West Ham after their relegation fight. Maybe you can use your common sense and stop making an arse of yourself while trying to prove a non existent point.

You're already way off the mark with your claim that the Newcastle game would sell out, as there's thousands of tickets left.

And I will tell you again about the Arsenal game.

It was sold out from the ballot. If a game isn't sold out it does not go on Viagogo. It's as simple as that. Stop ignoring this fact.

There will inevitably always be returns which will go on sale a week or so before the game. This has always been the case. I know this from experience. How you would know it with your ST tucked between your legs baffles me.

You can check the thread on here discussing the announcement that the Newcastle game would be played on a Monday night and you'll see that I said it wouldn't sell out.

I'm 99% certain Newcastle took up the full allocation two years ago. The West Ham game was on a Tuesday night last season so they only requested the corner.

Drop in support for Newcastle and West Ham? What? Newcastle took thousands away from home every game last season in the CHAMPIONSHIP. They get promoted and their first game of the season is at Old Trafford and you don't think there might be a fairly obvious reason as to why they've only requested 1,800 tickets? The fact it's on a Monday night perhaps? I've got to laugh at your comment about common sense. You're the one who is struggling to understand an extremely basic point, the point that demand will be lower for midweek games than it is for weekend games.

I know what you're saying about the Arsenal game but again the point is that the tickets that were made available took a while to sell out. That wouldn't normally be the case for a game against Arsenal and the overwhelming reason for that was because of the time of year the game took place.

Can you read btw? I said I was a One United member as well as a season ticket holder.

A thread discussing the level of demand for the Newcastle game was moved here so it's not surprising that this thread has continued along the same line of debate. A modmins cock-up, not our fault. :angel:

Never realised you worked weekends.

Drop in support for Newcastle and West Ham? What? Newcastle took thousands away from home every game last season in the CHAMPIONSHIP. They get promoted and their first game of the season is at Old Trafford and you don't think there might be a fairly obvious reason as to why they've only requested 1,800 tickets?

Yeah. Ticket prices.

You can check the thread on here discussing the announcement that the Newcastle game would be played on a Monday night and you'll see that I said it wouldn't sell out.

I'm 99% certain Newcastle took up the full allocation two years ago. The West Ham game was on a Tuesday night last season so they only requested the corner.

Drop in support for Newcastle and West Ham? What? Newcastle took thousands away from home every game last season in the CHAMPIONSHIP. They get promoted and their first game of the season is at Old Trafford and you don't think there might be a fairly obvious reason as to why they've only requested 1,800 tickets? The fact it's on a Monday night perhaps? I've got to laugh at your comment about common sense. You're the one who is struggling to understand an extremely basic point, the point that demand will be lower for midweek games than it is for weekend games.

I know what you're saying about the Arsenal game but again the point is that the tickets that were made available took a while to sell out. That wouldn't normally be the case for a game against Arsenal and the overwhelming reason for that was because of the time of year the game took place.

Can you read btw? I said I was a One United member as well as a season ticket holder.

24/46 weeks are played in midweek (some partly) in the Championship. If Newcastle took thousands there and then, their first game of the season back in the Premiership shouldn't be a problem. Nothing to do with the prices and dropped support of course.

Also the ground capacities of the teams in the Championship are much lower than the Premier League and there is no rule for enforced allocation. So the clubs can choose any allocation they like at the beginning to give to the away teams. Most of the time Newcastle haven't taken thousands but merely thousand.

Anyways, now we're arguing the Newcastle allocation to make up for our decline in ticket sales.

About the Arsenal game you are completely declining the fact that the match SOLD OUT which means ALL TICKETS WERE SOLD then the inevitable returns came and obviously they would take a while to sell because MOST of those who wanted to buy tickets already bought them on Viagogo as there were loads on there, or found other sources. I mean what part of SOLD OUT don't you understand?

What I'm saying and I've said all along, is that, very few games have made it past the ballot last year. This year there's a significant drop in demand. I doubt Liverpool will be one of those games, but you never know.

We'll see about the fourth game too.

Lads, lads, if you haven't a spare for Fulham away, then what's the point in arguing (or alternatively please take this to a new thread).

Sort this the feck out. This thread is for tickets/travel information.

I'm just trying to mess up the queue because I'm still looking for any spares tomorrow :D

Quick question...should I be worried my Newcastle tickets haven't showed up in the post yet? I mean in the past, United tickets have shown up within 2 days of me buying them, but this time they didn't.

This year, because they are not selling many tickets, they will send them late in order to save themselves from cancellations and returns. That's what I think.

My mate, who is a Chelsea fan, has got tickets for West Brom, Wigan and Stoke already. All delivered within 2 days of ordering.

Quick question...should I be worried my Newcastle tickets haven't showed up in the post yet? I mean in the past, United tickets have shown up within 2 days of me buying them, but this time they didn't.

They've always been useless with posting tickets. Don't worry though, if you don't have them by Friday just ring up and they will have them arranged for pickup on matchday. Bit of an arse as there is usually a queue but hey.

Thanks NextSeason and AgainstAllOdds, much appreciated. And yeah, good theory about the less tickets being sold thing!

I PM'd you NextSeason, no reply though.

Anyone has any spares let me know please.

Hi guy(and gals)

I was wondering if anyone knew the best why to get a ticket for United vs liverpool in september. My dad is a massive united fan (he's the one who got me hooked) and he's visiting me around that time and i would love to take the old man to OT to watchthe game. If anyone has any spares or cant make it or knows someone who cant make it please PM me.

Many thanx

I have a spare pair for the Newcastle game if anyone wants to take it off me. East Stand E332.

I may also have two spares for the Newcastle game. One in Stretty Lower, the other in the old folks stand.