All ticket/travel information thread - 2010/11: Touting will not be tolerated

datura

prob gonna be on my own anyway as i have no friends!
I think a few people will be at this:

Walk two minutes to the Ember Lounge – Staffordshire University Students’ Union – and get the designated United bus to the ground. This costs £2 one way or £3 return and takes 15 minutes.To get to the SU, come out of the station, turn left onto Station Road and take the next right onto College Road.

btw did you move your seat from ET2 this season?

If you get yourself to the Tollgate next week for the drinks pre-march you'll prob see a few people from here.

Bread

Walk two minutes to the Ember Lounge – Staffordshire University Students’ Union – and get the designated United bus to the ground. This costs £2 one way or £3 return and takes 15 minutes.To get to the SU, come out of the station, turn left onto Station Road and take the next right onto College Road.

If you get yourself to the Tollgate next week for the drinks pre-march you'll prob see a few people from here.
Cheers, I know round the station reasonably well so should find that if necc (grew up in congleton!)

I'm still in ET2 btw, why you ask? and am planning go Toll before spurs!

K Stand Knut

Got one spare for Spurs next week - Block E239, Seat Row 26, Seat 26A.

Can't make it due to work so the only stipulation is a face to face meet or postage paid for delivery and return of ticket.

FV = £36.

I'm on a night shift tonight so if anyone is interested PM before the morning or the ticket will be going on Via-ticket tout

Boothy

I go to the tollgate every match and don't recognise anybody from redcafe...

Actually thats a lie, Elvis and Mockney were there for Liverpool

lilcurt

Hey guys, still looking for two spurs tickets??? Will take singles but need to get two else their is no point buying one. So pm me even if you only have a single. As soon as i source to tickets I'll take them:D

I'm always right

Got one spare for Spurs next week - Block E239, Seat Row 26, Seat 26A.

Can't make it due to work so the only stipulation is a face to face meet or postage paid for delivery and return of ticket.

FV = £36.

I'm on a night shift tonight so if anyone is interested PM before the morning or the ticket will be going on Via-ticket tout
that won't help, viatout aren't selling!

PM sent.

ashy7

Do we have any idea why they aren't selling? I'll look into it on Monday but I was hoping someone else would know by now.
Let us know if you find out anything. I promised someone at work two tickets for the Spurs game, and was pinning my hopes on Viagogo.

I have had to give them my season ticket as one of them has come from Bulgaria to watch the game, so could really do with them putting the tickets on sale!

I'm always right

They are not selling because despite the offical club position the matches are not selling out hence the club is not allowing Viagogo to sell
erm... what?

So yesterday when I called the TO and tried to buy 2 season tickets for a couple of mates starting from the Tottenham game and received the reply:

"We're really sorry Sir but the Tottenham game is completely sold out and has been for a couple of weeks, we can however arrange for 2 season tickets starting from the Wolves game on the 6th November"

They were just lying to me?... great salesmen.

Sorry Crerand but that answer is a complete crock of shite. If anyone has a real answer as to why Spurs sold out 2 weeks ago but Viagogo are still not selling, please let us know.

kps88

erm... what?

So yesterday when I called the TO and tried to buy 2 season tickets for a couple of mates starting from the Tottenham game and received the reply:

"We're really sorry Sir but the Tottenham game is completely sold out and has been for a couple of weeks, we can however arrange for 2 season tickets starting from the Wolves game on the 5th November"

Sorry Crerand but that answer is a complete crock of shite. If anyone has a real answer as to why Spurs sold out 2 weeks ago but Viagogo are still not selling, please let us know.
Did you try asking the club? Maybe ring Viagogo?

kps88

Got that off Google, apparently the ticket exchange number. Must be very well hidden on their official site. I reckon a few of us calling that will give us a proper answer. I can't see the benefit any party will get out of not selling the tickets so it all seems very strange.

Crerand Legend

erm... what?

"We're really sorry Sir but the Tottenham game is completely sold out and has been for a couple of weeks, we can however arrange for 2 season tickets starting from the Wolves game on the 6th November"

Hospitality smart ass is not sold out, it would seem they have moved the goalposts for Viagogo selling.

I'm always right

Hospitality smart ass is not sold out, it would seem they have moved the goalposts for Viagogo selling.
Not trying to be a smart ass Crerand, think you've hit the nail on the head when you say "it would seem they have moved the goalposts for Viagogo selling". Last year they sold often on viagogo even before a game was a full sell out, and they certainly didn't take hospitality into account. It seems that year they will only sell on viagogo when everything, hospitality included is 100% gone.

A massive shame for the regular fan and for ST holders who can't make games :(

GCHQ

Glazer Crevice Headquarters
Sir Alex Ferguson, Ben Foster, Hayley McQueen.....
Let us know if you find out anything. I promised someone at work two tickets for the Spurs game, and was pinning my hopes on Viagogo.

I have had to give them my season ticket as one of them has come from Bulgaria to watch the game, so could really do with them putting the tickets on sale!
The club say that they're not allowing Viagogo to sell tickets because they're expecting ticket returns over the next few days from members who were successful in the ballot, tickets returned by sponsors and unsold hospitality tickets which will be sold at general admission prices. Presumably the club are concerned that if they allowed Viagogo to start selling tickets, there wouldn't then be enough excess demand to enable the club to sell all the returned tickets. I did point out that the Tottenham game sold out to members at the ballot stage over two weeks ago and that I thought there was sufficient demand to allow Viagogo to start selling tickets but I didn't really get a response.

Neither of the two operators I spoke to tried to sell me any of the limited number of unsold hospitality tickets so I think it's fair to say that boosting demand for matchday hospitality packages/tickets isn't the main reason as to why the club aren't allowing Viagogo to sell tickets. Both operators said that if you're a One United member looking to buy a ticket for the Tottenham game then you should call the club and add your name/membership number to a waiting list as well as providing a contact telephone number. The club will then give you a call as and when the returned tickets are put on sale. One operator said that there was no chance of Viagogo being allowed to sell tickets later this week.

I also spoke to Viagogo and they're as bemused as we are. They simply said that they couldn't start selling tickets until the club gave them permission to do so. They had exactly the same problem for the West Brom game. The match was announced as a sell out over two weeks before it was taking place and the club didn't give them permission to put tickets on sale at any stage. The Newcastle and West Ham games also sold out but because both matches only sold out a few days beforehand, Viagogo weren't surprised that the club didn't allow them to put tickets on sale. Those decisions were consistent with similar matches in previous seasons but the decisions made for the West Brom and Tottenham games certainly aren't.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone bought a returned ticket from the club for the West Brom game in the final week before the match.

kps88

Surely this policy would lead to more empty seats at the end of the day?

I'm always right

Makes ZERO sense, I'm sure United must get a good slice of the viagogo cash which means they can sell hundreds of tickets twice! Why stop that just so you can sell a few returns?

Crerand Legend

The logistics would probably make it prohibitive but it is a pity we couldn't set up some sort of exchange on here

Crerand Legend

Makes ZERO sense, I'm sure United must get a good slice of the viagogo cash which means they can sell hundreds of tickets twice! Why stop that just so you can sell a few returns?
They obviously are expecting alot of returns and know more than they are saying

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times
Don't really want to open this can of worms again but...
If a large number of current ST holders are unable to sell tix on viagogo when they are regularly unable to attend or just off-setting the cost of the STs then I can see an even bigger fall in numbers next season. All around this seems like a very short sighted policy by the club. Can see viatout kicking off soon due to lack of sales.

Crerand Legend

Don't really want to open this can of worms again but...
If a large number of current ST holders are unable to sell tix on viagogo when they are regularly unable to attend or just off-setting the cost of the STs then I can see an even bigger fall in numbers next season. All around this seems like a very short sighted policy by the club. Can see viatout kicking off soon due to lack of sales.
Good points

lapassion

The club say that they're not allowing Viagogo to sell tickets because they're expecting ticket returns over the next few days from members who were successful in the ballot, tickets returned by sponsors and unsold hospitality tickets which will be sold at general admission prices. Presumably the club are concerned that if they allowed Viagogo to start selling tickets, there wouldn't then be enough excess demand to enable the club to sell all the returned tickets. I did point out that the Tottenham game sold out to members at the ballot stage over two weeks ago and that I thought there was sufficient demand to allow Viagogo to start selling tickets but I didn't really get a response.

Neither of the two operators I spoke to tried to sell me any of the limited number of unsold hospitality tickets so I think it's fair to say that boosting demand for matchday hospitality packages/tickets isn't the main reason as to why the club aren't allowing Viagogo to sell tickets. Both operators said that if you're a One United member looking to buy a ticket for the Tottenham game then you should call the club and add your name/membership number to a waiting list as well as providing a contact telephone number. The club will then give you a call as and when the returned tickets are put on sale. One operator said that there was no chance of Viagogo being allowed to sell tickets later this week.I also spoke to Viagogo and they're as bemused as we are. They simply said that they couldn't start selling tickets until the club gave them permission to do so. They had exactly the same problem for the West Brom game. The match was announced as a sell out over two weeks before it was taking place and the club didn't give them permission to put tickets on sale at any stage. The Newcastle and West Ham games also sold out but because both matches only sold out a few days beforehand, Viagogo weren't surprised that the club didn't allow them to put tickets on sale. Those decisions were consistent with similar matches in previous seasons but the decisions made for the West Brom and Tottenham games certainly aren't.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone bought a returned ticket from the club for the West Brom game in the final week before the match.
That's me fecked then. If I still travel to OT on matchday, any chance I can get a few tickets then?... (Actually I need 5, which is a real issue)... My friend over there told me there should be touts around the stadium?? I'm against this but TO has left me with no other choices here since it's not easy for me to apply for a visa and fly over from Holland. I'd like to be able to see the match instead of going sightseeing in London, damn it. They should just let viagogo sell the tickets. :mad:

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
That's me fecked then. If I still travel to OT on matchday, any chance I can get a few tickets then?... (Actually I need 5, which is a real issue)... My friend over there told me there should be touts around the stadium?? I'm against this but TO has left me with no other choices here since it's not easy for me to apply for a visa and fly over from Holland. I'd like to be able to see the match instead of going sightseeing in London, damn it. They should just let viagogo sell the tickets. :mad:
Go for returns from the club.

lapassion

Go for returns from the club.
Should I just call the TO and apply to be on the waiting list? Can I pick the ticket up at the stadium? What about my 4 friends? They don't have OU and I wouldn't want to go in alone. Or maybe I would.. :lol:

I'm always right

Should I just call the TO and apply to be on the waiting list? Can I pick the ticket up at the stadium? What about my 4 friends? They don't have OU and I wouldn't want to go in alone. Or maybe I would.. :lol:
You can always pick up tickets at the box office if u buy them from there. As for "They don't have OU and I wouldn't want to go in alone", I don't even wanna think what a tout would charge u for 5 seats together!

Call the TO every day for returns, there is a big chance they will even sell to non members if they get alot.

ashy7

Neither of the two operators I spoke to tried to sell me any of the limited number of unsold hospitality tickets so I think it's fair to say that boosting demand for matchday hospitality packages/tickets isn't the main reason as to why the club aren't allowing Viagogo to sell tickets. Both operators said that if you're a One United member looking to buy a ticket for the Tottenham game then you should call the club and add your name/membership number to a waiting list as well as providing a contact telephone number. The club will then give you a call as and when the returned tickets are put on sale. One operator said that there was no chance of Viagogo being allowed to sell tickets later this week.

I also spoke to Viagogo and they're as bemused as we are. They simply said that they couldn't start selling tickets until the club gave them permission to do so. They had exactly the same problem for the West Brom game. The match was announced as a sell out over two weeks before it was taking place and the club didn't give them permission to put tickets on sale at any stage. The Newcastle and West Ham games also sold out but because both matches only sold out a few days beforehand, Viagogo weren't surprised that the club didn't allow them to put tickets on sale. Those decisions were consistent with similar matches in previous seasons but the decisions made for the West Brom and Tottenham games certainly aren't.

Cheers for looking into this. The reasons they give do not really make sense, as like a few posters above have mentioned, the club will get a big cut off Viagogo, so are probably losing out on money.

I don't think it makes a massive difference to people that want to sell, as I listed my ticket for three games last season, and they didn't actually sell. They only really sell if it is for a 'big game', and you can shift them on quite easily for those games anyway.

It has stitched me up this time though, as I promised to get someone tickets, couldn't, and ended up giving them my season ticket for the game!

GCHQ

Glazer Crevice Headquarters
Sir Alex Ferguson, Ben Foster, Hayley McQueen.....
Cheers for looking into this. The reasons they give do not really make sense, as like a few posters above have mentioned, the club will get a big cut off Viagogo, so are probably losing out on money.

I don't think it makes a massive difference to people that want to sell, as I listed my ticket for three games last season, and they didn't actually sell. They only really sell if it is for a 'big game', and you can shift them on quite easily for those games anyway.

It has stitched me up this time though, as I promised to get someone tickets, couldn't, and ended up giving them my season ticket for the game!
I'm sure there is a bit more to it than what the club told me although having said that it only took them a few hours to ring me back and offer me a Spurs ticket. So my advice to anyone looking for a Spurs ticket is to ring the club and get yourself on the waiting list. I think it's well worth doing even if you're not a One United member.

smallred

lads and ladies,

have one spare for wigan at home and wolves at home. any takers?

east stand lower, £27.