All ticket/travel information thread - 2010/11: Touting will not be tolerated

lilcurt

MY final bump. STILL LOOKING FOR TWO SPURS TICKETS... DON'T HAVE TO BE TOGETHER REALLY.

Have read what everyone said and phoned the ticket office, the lady was the most unhelpful call centre working I've came across, simply giving me one word answers to all my questions and didnt even mention a waiting list :nervous:

ashy7

If anyone needs tickets for Spurs, ring the ticket office now. I just picked up 2 returns (need memberships for each ticket though).

Sylar

Im confused about the Valencia game. Am I missing something obvious but how come Im not applying for this game like I did with the Rangers game?

ashy7

Im confused about the Valencia game. Am I missing something obvious but how come Im not applying for this game like I did with the Rangers game?
Sometimes when they think demand will be low they put the tickets straight to sale rather than doing the application process. Happens quite a lot for Carling cup and champions league group stage matches.

Sylar

Ahhhh. Thanks dude.

Forced day off from work (well afternoon since i have to use my bleeding annual leave or risk losing them) so shall be my 4th game of the season I travel up to. :D

AgainstAllOdds

Just wondering about : English Premiership: Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur Tickets at Old Trafford in Manchester on 30/10/2010 17:30:00

Is this what it says on the tin? How come they're able to sell them? Are they overpriced?
You'll definitely get tickets from there. Only problem is that they're triple the price. These touts have moved abroad since reselling football tickets is highly illegal in the UK. If you look at their offices, they're in Madrid. I read something about touts moving abroad around Champions League final time last year, when prices rocketed to about 1800 EUR.

ashy7

feckers have put me in high in the North Stand for the Wigan game, wasn't either of my preferences.

Any chance I could go about exchanging this for another ticket via the club? I'd imagine there will be tickets aplenty for the game.
You can see your ticket back within a certain time period. Then you can try and get another one if they go on general sale.

kps88

Yeah got it sorted. Ticket office said there was an error and a lot of people were given North T3 for some reason.

Also: Spurs single tickets are currently available if you phone the TO.

lapassion

Thanks everyone for answering my questions about the Spurs game over the last few weeks. I finally managed to convince my 3 friends to get OU and call the TO. We got 4 tickets together in NE quadrant so obviously there are quite a few returns left. Anyway, woohoo!! My first trip to OT!!!!! Let's hope Chicharito score a hattrick! :D

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
I need 2 tickets for the spurs game please. Anyone with any good offer or advice, please PM me. This will be very much appreciated.

By the way, I am not a member.

GCHQ

Glazer Crevice Headquarters
Sir Alex Ferguson, Ben Foster, Hayley McQueen.....
I need 2 tickets for the spurs game please. Anyone with any good offer or advice, please PM me. This will be very much appreciated.

By the way, I am not a member.
It will be worth giving the ticket office a ring tomorrow even though you're not a member. If that doesn't work then you can purchase two memberships immediately over the phone and they'll sell you two tickets for the Spurs game subject to availability.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
It will be worth giving the ticket office a ring tomorrow even though you're not a member. If that doesn't work then you can purchase two memberships immediately over the phone and they'll sell you two tickets for the Spurs game subject to availability.
Cheers. How much is it to become a member?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
One United membership is £30 yes, and you get £5 off 'face value' with your membership number. As well as free entry to reserve home games if that's of any interest to you.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
One United membership is £30 yes, and you get £5 off 'face value' with your membership number. As well as free entry to reserve home games if that's of any interest to you.
I'll take that into consideration. Cheers, mate.

GCHQ

What the feck are they doing this year with all these changes in ticket policies.
The Spurs Viagogo thing is really bizarre given that the club aren't even alerting members to the ticket returns on their website. There's nothing new in the fact that a reasonable amount of returns are made available in the last week before the game but what is new this season is that the club aren't even advertising the returns on their website. The same thing happened for the West Brom game with Viagogo not being allowed to put tickets on sale but that was a bit more understandable considering that there wouldn't have been significant excess demand for that game (although it was announced as a sell out two weeks before the game). So in that instance you can understand the club's Viagogo decision because they'd probably need most of the excess demand to take up the returns in the week before the game but it still makes no sense for the club to not advertise the returns on the website. That's why I asked if anyone had bought a West Brom ticket in the week leading up to the game because I wasn't even fully aware that there were any returns available although I'm sure there were.

The Spurs game is different in so much as demand is significantly higher for tickets than the West Brom match and indeed Spurs was announced as a sell out at the One United members ballot stage. I think it's therefore reasonable to assume that the excess demand for tickets would mean the club could allow Viagogo to put tickets on sale and then still comfortably sell the returns (at considerably lower prices than the Viagogo tickets) in the week leading up to the game. If that isn't the case and the excess demand for tickets simply isn't there, which I really doubt for the Spurs game, then why would the club not make an effort to sell the returns that they have available? The fact that they aren't suggests to me that they're very confident of selling the returns and they aren't even on general sale with only One United members able to buy tickets. And if they're so confident of selling the returns that they don't need to advertise them then why not allow Viagogo to put its tickets on sale (there are only a few hundred tickets listed after all)?

Very odd.

GCHQ

Sometimes when they think demand will be low they put the tickets straight to sale rather than doing the application process. Happens quite a lot for Carling cup and champions league group stage matches.
That's right but normally for these games they put them straight on general sale whereas the Valencia match is only on sale to members.

shaydun

They're on general sale from the club.
They are indeed. But I need two together, and the ticket office are a crowd of unhelpful spastics. I was talking to them earlier, they messed up my ballot application.

They've just got singles around the stadium.

So I'm still looking for a pair for Wigan if anyone can help?

GCHQ

They are indeed. But I need two together, and the ticket office are a crowd of unhelpful spastics. I was talking to them earlier, they messed up my ballot application.

They've just got singles around the stadium.

So I'm still looking for a pair for Wigan if anyone can help?
There are pairs available in the South, East and North Stands according to the online sales site.

shaydun

There are pairs available in the South, East and North Stands according to the online sales site.
Really, what blocks? Can't find them.

Thanks for the tip by the way, TO told me there were none available, at 7.30 this evening.:rolleyes:

ashy7

That's right but normally for these games they put them straight on general sale whereas the Valencia match is only on sale to members.
Champions league games tend to be members only first. It is usually only Carling Cup games that go straight to general sale.

shaydun

South Stand - STH 229

East Stand Tier 2 - E332, E334, E335, E336

North Stand Tier 3 - Most blocks

North East/West Quadrants Tier 2 - All blocks
Thanks. I honestly don't know how you're not working at the TO, you're a better source of info than they are.:D

GCHQ

Champions league games tend to be members only first. It is usually only Carling Cup games that go straight to general sale.
Bursaspor went straight to general sale and I'm pretty sure last season's three home CL group games were the same. Valencia is a more attractive fixture so that probably explains the decision to go to members only first.

Joker

What do you think my chances are of getting 2 tickets together for the Valencia match ? I'm thinking of inviting a friend over here and take him to OT. Should I register as a One United member ?

deltakaye

any chance of a spare ticket for Spurs? Already called up the ticket office and they said none available.

Sylar

What do you think my chances are of getting 2 tickets together for the Valencia match ? I'm thinking of inviting a friend over here and take him to OT. Should I register as a One United member ?
Just checked for you. With a OU membership, (30 quid) as this is going to sale for memebers rather than applications, the second person wont need a OU memebership (somebody correct me if im wrong)

As of 3:10pm, 2 tix next to each other in the North stand: N4405 for 33 each.
2 also in n4404, which whilst at the top you still get a good view from near the half way line.
Couple in the east stand so they are still available so you will defo get them if you do it now.

Sylar

Really? I tried to purchase em without the membership and it said I dont have the right privelages...

AgainstAllOdds

Just checked for you. With a OU membership, (30 quid) as this is going to sale for memebers rather than applications, the second person wont need a OU memebership (somebody correct me if im wrong)

As of 3:10pm, 2 tix next to each other in the North stand: N4405 for 33 each.
2 also in n4404, which whilst at the top you still get a good view from near the half way line.
Couple in the east stand so they are still available so you will defo get them if you do it now.
Correct. I got four on mine.

Joker

Is the Valencia game sold out cause my mates membership says there are non available even though the picture thingy says there are plenty available.