Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Another perspective here, apologies if already posted.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...r-a8171326.html?amp&__twitter_impression=true

At least it focuses on the football aspect rather than the financial.

Just to balance out some of the muppetry, it highlights some of my own reservations about the move. I don’t care about the financials. Even the cynic in me would say the financials are a great advertisement for the club - that we pay the best salaries going. We’ll turn the heads of all the best players in the world.

Anyway, back to football, I do think Sanchez could be infuriating at times. He’s a bit like Giggs in that when he’s good he’s awesome, but he also frequently cedes possession and misplaces passes, by the very nature of the risky inventive game he plays.

I just hope our fans cut him some slack. He’s not a possession bot. He doesn’t always choose the safest option. And he frequently tries things that won’t come off. If you can accept this and are happy to take the rough with the smooth, then he certainly won’t disappoint.
We are better than Arsenal for retrieving the ball when it's lost, so we can afford a player who tries the different.

Jose had Hazard after all

Wal2Fra

Another perspective here, apologies if already posted.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...r-a8171326.html?amp&__twitter_impression=true

At least it focuses on the football aspect rather than the financial.

Just to balance out some of the muppetry, it highlights some of my own reservations about the move. I don’t care about the financials. Even the cynic in me would say the financials are a great advertisement for the club - that we pay the best salaries going. We’ll turn the heads of all the best players in the world.

Anyway, back to football, I do think Sanchez could be infuriating at times. He’s a bit like Giggs in that when he’s good he’s awesome, but he also frequently cedes possession and misplaces passes, by the very nature of the risky inventive game he plays.

I just hope our fans cut him some slack. He’s not a possession bot. He doesn’t always choose the safest option. And he frequently tries things that won’t come off. If you can accept this and are happy to take the rough with the smooth, then he certainly won’t disappoint.
The problem with that would be that our 2 most creative players (Pogz and Sanchez) would give the ball away 1 to many times by trying things that don't always come off.

We have seen a few times this season, where the ball has been given away and we are instantly under pressure. Fair to say the matchday threads don't handle it very well.

Would we need additional resources to strengthen around the field to counter this?

nah_it_wont_happen

This is my first ever and could probably be the last ever post. In fact, this thread has been so brilliant, I felt compelled to have my say in order to keep up the muppetry in summer.

Next summer, we should try to hammer further blows to Arsenal and, for the first time since 1964, cause a move from Liverpool to United.

We should sign Oezil and Wilshere, as they are both gonna be free agent soon and put them on the bench. From Liverpool, we should sign Emre Can, who will be free agent soon too. Then we should sign Sergej Milinkovic-Savic(SMS) and Keiran Tierney paying actual transfer fees. We should bring back Andreas Pereira and will most probably get rid of Fellaini, finally(SMS and Can are tall enough to replace his height). We should also sell Mata and Herrera to Valencia/Sevilla and Smalling to somewhere obscure.

The first XI will be the following:

--Martial-----Lukaku-----Alexis--

------Pogba--------------SMS-----

----------------Matic---------------

Shaw------Rojo-----Bailey---Tony

----------------DDG----------------

The 2nd XI will be the following:

---Lingard-----Rashford-----Oezil---

------Andreas-----------Wilshere----

-------------------Can----------------

Tierney----Jones---Lindelof---Young

----------------Romero---------------

For monitoring each movement during each of the 5 signings, I mentioned above, we can use this drone(cheap from Lidl Germany, don't know if it's available in the UK).

Last edited:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

I have no issue with that. Afterall, is there an attacking, direct winger/wide forward who doesn't lose possession often by taking risks? Even Messi will take shots from narrow angles and play through balls that are a bit overhit or are intercepted. It's the nature of the position and the role.

We have Mata out wide who is less risky and will look for the option that keeps play moving and knits the team together, and that is what we're crying out to replace, with player who goes for the throat and adds direct goal threat.

Sanchez isn't going to be hitting every through pass or scoring with every chance, and every run at a defender isn't always going to have the end product. If fans get on his back for that, then they're a bit blinkered as to what to expect from a player in that role.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
And will some of the grown up mods please remove this stupid scouse banner, (not funny anymore) please?

Nickosaur

Been out of this thread for a while, looks like it's coming to an end today. What a rollercoaster!

Have to say the fact that @Ban now has Scouse Lover and City Lover banners has blown my mind

Macern

Pee pee pants
This is my first ever and could probably be the last ever post. In fact, this thread has been so brilliant, I felt compelled to have my say in order to keep the muppetry in summer.

Next summer, we should try to hammer further blows to Arsenal and, for the first time since 1964, cause a move from Liverpool to United.

We should sign Oezil and Wilshere, as they are both gonna be free agent soon and put them on the bench. From Liverpool, we should sign Emre Can, who will be free agent soon too. Then we should sign Sergej Milinkovic-Savic(SMS) and Keiran Tierney paying actual transfer fees. We should bring back Andreas Pereira and will most probably get rid of Fellaini, finally(SMS and Can are tall enough to replace his height). We should also sell Mata to Valencia/Sevilla and Smalling to somewhere obscure.

Young----Jones---Lindelof---Tierney

For monitoring each movement during each of the 5 signings, I mentioned above, we can use this drone(cheap from Lidl Germany, don't know if it's available in the UK).
Pereira and Wilshere ahead of Herrera?

nah_it_wont_happen

Pereira and Wilshere ahead of Herrera?
Oh Forgot about him, we should get rid of him altogether. Pereira and Wilshere more creative and more accurate passers than Herrera (The fact that I totally forgot about him is a testament to how poor he has been this season.). Sell him with Mata.

Last edited:

2k8

This is my first ever and could probably be the last ever post. In fact, this thread has been so brilliant, I felt compelled to have my say in order to keep up the muppetry in summer.

We should sign Oezil and Wilshere, as they are both gonna be free agent soon and put them on the bench. From Liverpool, we should sign Emre Can, who will be free agent soon too. Then we should sign Sergej Milinkovic-Savic(SMS) and Keiran Tierney paying actual transfer fees. We should bring back Andreas Pereira and will most probably get rid of Fellaini, finally(SMS and Can are tall enough to replace his height). We should also sell Mata to Valencia/Sevilla and Smalling to somewhere obscure.

Young----Jones---Lindelof---Tierney

Signing a player from Liverpool is a big no no.. :nono:

RedBrickWall

@Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87 changed to “Santi_Mesut_Henrikh_87” or leaving Alexis in just for the laugh having a United player in there? Just think if Ozil signs in the summer he’ll have two United players in his Username.

Mr Smith

The problem with that would be that our 2 most creative players (Pogz and Sanchez) would give the ball away 1 to many times by trying things that don't always come off.

We have seen a few times this season, where the ball has been given away and we are instantly under pressure. Fair to say the matchday threads don't handle it very well.

Would we need additional resources to strengthen around the field to counter this?
This is why I mostly stay away from matchday threads. No reason there. And give how much bitching there was about a lack of risk-taking under Van Gaal, to turn around and criticise world-class players like Pogba and Sanchez for trying things that don't come off is the height of hypocritical.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict

I think we’re a top level AM away from a formidable side. My choice would be Nabil Fekir.

IrishRedDevil

We should sign Oezil and Wilshere, as they are both gonna be free agent soon and put them on the bench. From Liverpool, we should sign Emre Can, who will be free agent soon too. Then we should sign Sergej Milinkovic-Savic(SMS) and Keiran Tierney paying actual transfer fees. We should bring back Andreas Pereira and will most probably get rid of Fellaini, finally(SMS and Can are tall enough to replace his height). We should also sell Mata and Herrera to Valencia/Sevilla and Smalling to somewhere obscure.

Sorry, but I hope it's your last post.

kr0nix

Milinkovic Savic is an absolute monster, would be chuffed to pieces if we signed him.

stu_1992

Today is the day people. We've waited long enough. Must admit I was one of the doubters of this happening at the start, but I'm certainly please to be wrong. Predicting a 1PM announcement.

fellaini's barber

Haha yeah I’m a big muppet! Been stuck in this thread for days so just had to go down there today! Sadly I’ve had to get back to my daughter she’s only 2 and it’s nearly her bed time. Sorry fellow muppets! In summer I’ll camp there for any big sagas
Great news, by then you would have acquired a drone and one of 'em powerful zoom paparrazzi cameras

Nick7

fitting user name

Oh Forgot about him, we should get rid of him altogether. Pereira and Wilshere more creative and more accurate passers than Herrera. Sell him with Mata.
the fact you think pereira is a more accurate passer than herrera is fecking hilarious, mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.