Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
World class : Pogba, DDG, Sanchez.
Elite : Lukaku, Martial, Valencia, Matic.
For me Matic is like a modern day Denis Irwin (different positions obviously) in that he almost never has a bad game, and often had very good games. Not sure if Irwin was thought of as world class, it didn't seem to be as big of a thing back then. Anyway I digress.

Sanchez!!!

Call them what you will, it does have two wide players on each side of the striker and that's not what you lined up. You lined up a 4-1-2-1-2 formation with an attacking midfielder behind two strikers and there is nothing to suggest that Mourinho will ever consider switching to that formation, especially considering how we've got two excellent players who Mourinho sees as wide left players.

So switch Sanchez to the right, put Rom in the middle and Martial on the left if it's that important to you...

Herrera----Matic----Pogba
Sanchez----Rom----Martial

There, 433.

Point remains, you can't put Pogba in mid 2 against decent opposition. Has to be a mid 3, and that's the best formation for big games. Interchange Herrera for New CM next season.

------------De Gea------------
Valencia-Bailly-Jones-Shaw
-------Matic---Pogba---------
Sanchez--Lingard----Martial
------------Lukaku------------
I'd honestly prefer if we play with the midfield triangle pointing backwards. It may not suit Lingard perfectly, but we all saw against Everton and Stoke how lethal Pogba can be when playing in this setup with that extra bit of freedom to attack.

So switch Sanchez to the right, put Rom in the middle and Martial on the left if it's that important to you...

Herrera----Matic----Pogba
Sanchez----Rom----Martial

There, 433.

Point remains, you can;t put Pogba in mid 2 against decent opposition. Has to be a mid 3, and that's the best formation for big games. Interchange Herrera for New CM next season.
Now we can agree ;) I also think that's the best setup. Maybe Lingard for Herrera.

People dropping our best player over the last few months from all their formations now that we have a new toy. If anyone needs to be worried it's Lukaku, not Lingard.

Tbh he's right.
But he's not. Lukaku won't be dropped for Sanchez. He won't be our first choice striker. He'll play in one of the three roles behind the striker. Sure, he might get some time up top, but he won't be leading the line for us on a regular basis. That's also ignoring the fact Lukaku is in quite good form at the moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sanchez and Lingard play in rotating roles at #10 / RW

qdXB7ob
rD9MjyQ.png
No point in the journalists having all the fun.

But he's not. Lukaku won't be dropped for Sanchez. He won't be our first choice striker. He'll play in one of the three roles behind the striker. Sure, he might get some time up top, but he won't be leading the line for us on a regular basis. That's also ignoring the fact Lukaku is in quite good form at the moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sanchez and Lingard play in rotating roles at #10 / RW
Yeah. I more meant in the sense Lingard doesn't deserve to be dropped. As you say Alexis might play few games up top but I too expect him to interchange with Lingard. If anything I think Rasher's position isn't safe.

Yeah. I more meant in the sense Lingard doesn't deserve to be dropped. As you say Alexis might play few games up top but I too expect him to interchange with Lingard. If anything I think Rasher's position isn't safe.
Ah right, yeah I agree with that. Lingard is firmly first choice at the mo. Mata though :nervous:

His position on the bench? Seems quite safe to me. Martial's position on the left wing seems quite safe too.

Sheesh, he'll be retired before he signs for us.

Wenger Monday "48 hours"

Wenger Thursday "24 hours"

Like that scene from Snatch?

Turkish:
What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?

Sausage Charlie:
Five minutes, Turkish.

Turkish:
It was two minutes five minutes ago.

I think we should throw in a watch with this deal, though teaching Wenger to tell the time, is a complete different story altogether.

:lol::lol:

Thought it was quite sporty of Wenger to mention that whatever money we spend on the deal, it’s our own resources. ;)

Yes, as much as i hate him, that was good to hear.

We're nearing his 30th birthday at this rate and then is when the wheels start to come off.

Wait til Sanchez poisons the dressing room

What disgraceful comment. Why would Sanchez poison the dressing room. Are you a bluemoon fan or something?

Arsene Wenger spoke about him and said one thing you can t accuse Alexis is his professionalism and commitment.

His teammates today spoke about his winning attitude even at training.

His position on the bench? Seems quite safe to me. Martial's position on the left wing seems quite safe too.
Yeah recently he has been on the bench but maybe he'll play even less now.
But he has been Martial's sub anyway I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.