Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pogba needs a mid 3. Against even decent opposition it just turns into Matic vs 3 midfielders.

We've seen it time and time again.

I'd much rather see this...

-----------------------DDG----------------------
Val----------Jones------------Bailly--------Shaw
----------------------Matic-----------------------
-------Herrera---------------------Pogba--------
---------------------Sanchez---------------------
-------------Rom---------------Martial-----------
Herrera doesn't do enough for me to warrant dropping Lingard or Mata. If we can strengthen in midfield this summer then the 4-3-3 system should be our default system though. I would use your line up for the bigger games only this season.

I'm assuming since its now 3pm (UK time) that we've missed the 48hr deadline to have him registered in time for the match against Burnley?

If that was a thing, then yes, it'd have been missed.

The deadline for registering players for this weekends fixtures is 12:00 tomorrow.

Herrera doesn't do enough for me to warrant dropping Lingard or Mata. If we can strengthen in midfield this summer then the 4-3-3 system should be our default system.
You dont play Lingard or Mata in that system above Herrera and that too in a central midfielder position.

He was trying to act the big man last week saying he used to wait for SAF down the tunnel at the end of a game to see if he was complaining and he would have him if he did. Rio asked him how many times did you confront him, Keown said none.

W@nker of the highest standard. Talks s*it and looks like an ape
I saw that. You could just sense Rio thinking 'as if Fergie would have given a single feck about anything you had to say'.

Keown is such an absolute world-class twat. Has literally no idea how to analyse United with anything but a massive ABU bias. Annoyingly, he seems to be a pundit on our games relatively often.

That's a lot. Can't imagine it did ~400 pages in the space of a week, though. Crazy growth in this thread the past few days.
More members, different newbie rules, coming from a direct competitor and the sheer shock value. Oh and coming when we all thought he was City-bound.

Remember the reports (I forget where!) that Arse were holding out for a fee of ten million plus Mkhitaryan? Surely there is no turning back now, and Arsenal would have a very unhappy player were this to go south over such an amount

I saw that. You could just sense Rio thinking 'as if Fergie would have given a single feck about anything you had to say'.

Keown is such an absolute world-class twat. Has literally no idea how to analyse United with anything but a massive ABU bias. Annoyingly, he seems to be a pundit on our games relatively often.

Always has to mention that you never got penalties at OT. Like a tick it just falls out of his mouth all the time. Lack of decisions at OT. Imagine most people thought the same about the library.

If Jose wasn't aware players don't know that he doesn't know Mickhi should be fed and bathed regularly he shouldn't be in management.

Anyone seen the rest of Keown's quotes from his Daily Mail piece? Bitter, deluded idiot:

Keown has also given his thoughts on Henrikh Mkhitaryan's prospects at the Emirates, if his switch to the capital goes ahead.

He said: 'He will be a better player at Arsenal than he has been at Manchester United.

'Mkhitaryan needs to be nurtured and cared for. When I watched United recently, there were two players who were clearly not thriving: Luke Shaw, and Mkhitaryan.

'You could see in Mkhitaryan’s body language that there was a fear in his play. Every time he got something wrong you could see Jose Mourinho bristling on the sidelines.

'If Mourinho does not think that his players are unaware of what he is doing on the touchline then he should not be in management.
What does that even mean? Such a confusing double negative. Love listening to Keown though, such desperate and insecure put downs every other sentence, its pretty funny.

Is this the longest transfer thread in Caf' history, @Damien? It must be quite close... and it's really only less than a week old! :nervous:

YzJUrY9.png

Plus a couple in the classics:

mbFtwMu.png

I still cannot believe we've actually trumped City on this transfer even though they have their oil-money doping and are number 1 by a great margin.

Ed is a demi-god.

I'm sitting at uni trying to read a book, but I'm physically unable to read for more than one minute without checking the caf. Help

I feel you man. I'm sitting at home trying to study for three exams simultaneously, but because I'm a caftard I keep refreshing this thread every 5 min. The life of a muppet, huh.

He will be a sub. Hopefully we are already winning when he comes on. Amidst all the ruckus over his signing, we shouldn't forget that Burnley are quite difficult to beat this season and a win is vital for us to keep the mood upbeat.
Can you imagine if LVG would be still here and signed Sanchez? " He will play in 3 weeks after playing 2 weeks with the reserves and be fully adapted "

I still cannot believe we've actually trumped City on this transfer even though they have their oil-money doping and are number 1 by a great margin.

Ed is a demi-god.
I bet there is a great yarn behind it. I would think Sanches’ Agent was key.

I feel you man. I'm sitting at home trying to study for three exams simultaneously, but because I'm a caftard I keep refreshing this thread every 5 min. The life of a muppet, huh.
Yeah, tough life. We need this to be wrapped up quickly.

He will be a sub. Hopefully we are already winning when he comes on. Amidst all the ruckus over his signing, we shouldn't forget that Burnley are quite difficult to beat this season and a win is vital for us to keep the mood upbeat.
He's actual just what we need against their stubborn defence. Expect him to get a goal or assist if he gets across the line before the deadline.

It's amazing how we are 2nd in the league, having got 50 points from 23 games which over the course of season would get us 82-83 points, having scored 48 goals in those 23 games which puts us on course for 79 goals in a season - which again is a very respectable result, have scored more goals than 18 teams in the league and one of those who have outscored us have also conceded 28 goals so far so kind of forced the need to score as many as they did, yet journalists strongly believe that we are playing dull, boring football without any imagination.

Herrera doesn't do enough for me to warrant dropping Lingard or Mata. If we can strengthen in midfield this summer then the 4-3-3 system should be our default system though. I would use your line up for the bigger games only this season.
In that position Sanchez is a bit anarchic and you need someone to control the tempos in a match, with that tactic Sanchez would be best as a second striker, he can do the pressure he likes, have enough freedom to move to wathever he likes without disrupting the creation of plays from the midfield, that means that he would not lose balls in relevant areas of the field, he has the tendency to make risky passes and at the beginning that would be dangerous. Mata would be better behind the forwards.

It's amazing how we are 2nd in the league, having got 50 points from 23 games which over the course of season would get us 82-83 points, having scored 48 goals in those 23 games which puts us on course for 79 goals in a season - which again is a very respectable result, have scored more goals than 18 teams in the league and one of those who have outscored us have also conceded 28 goals so far so kind of forced the need to score as many as they did, yet journalists strongly believe that we are playing dull, boring football without any imagination.
Keep your voice down! There's lots of folk in here who are too busy focusing on City to see how much we've improved. You're going to get lynched.

I put Mkhi in my match day line up! Jinx insurance. And ... I just had the thought - as it’s a swop deal, should Mkhitaryan not be mentioned in the thread title?

Wenger Monday "48 hours"

Wenger Thursday "24 hours"

Like that scene from Snatch?

Turkish:
What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?

Sausage Charlie:
Five minutes, Turkish.

Turkish:
It was two minutes five minutes ago.

I think we should throw in a watch with this deal, though teaching Wenger to tell the time, is a complete different story altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.