Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing how we are 2nd in the league, having got 50 points from 23 games which over the course of season would get us 82-83 points, having scored 48 goals in those 23 games which puts us on course for 79 goals in a season - which again is a very respectable result, have scored more goals than 18 teams in the league and one of those who have outscored us have also conceded 28 goals so far so kind of forced the need to score as many as they did, yet journalists strongly believe that we are playing dull, boring football without any imagination.

We've score more than 17 teams not 18. Liverpool and Manchester City have scored more

God knows how many hours spent reading through those Vidal and Pogba threads.

Surprised the Thiago thread isn't up there. That felt never ending.
Sneijder, Vidal and Thiago (somewhat Fabregas) broke me. The Pogba one had me googling the Juventus store website while I was on holiday, costing me a fortune on data because there was a rumour Pogba had been replaced with Pjanic on the main page on the mobile version of the site.

Best get this deal wrapped up sharp-ish. Given the weather in Manchester right about now, I'd sooner we didn't given his family time to phone ahead and tell him what awaits.
When is the deadline for registration for the weekends match? End of tomorrow? If so, no rush to get it done today.

YzJUrY9.png

Plus a couple in the classics:

mbFtwMu.png

Wasnt there a ronaldo thread titled ' Nike to help Ronaldo return to Man Utd' or something to that effect? Sure that had 1000+ pages. May be confused tho, not sure

It's crazy isn't it.

Also, if the media recently are anything to go by, I doubt the Pep factor is that big a deal to Sanchez (as they are all reporting) otherwise he'd just run out his contract. He wants to challenge for silverware and be paid in line with league's top players, he could go City, Man Utd or Chelsea and probably do both of those.

City suddenly becoming believers in not paying over the odds would be great, if they hadn't used half the gulf's oil stream to assemble one of the richest squads of all time beforehand. The disparity is so massive it'd be like us completing the Pogba deal and then refusing to pay for a 5p bag in sainos.

There's no point in even discussing the 4-1-2-1-2 formation as Mourinho will clearly not use it when he can use other formations like 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3.

It's essentially a 433, I just laid it out with Matic pulled back a little deeper.

Herrera doesn't do enough for me to warrant dropping Lingard or Mata. If we can strengthen in midfield this summer then the 4-3-3 system should be our default system though. I would use your line up for the bigger games only this season.

Interchange Herrera with 'New CB'. As it's obvious there'll be one, I just dunno who.

For now, that's our best formation against decent opposition. If we were playing City or Liverpool next week, that's what would serve us best, no doubt.

It's crazy isn't it.

Also, if the media recently are anything to go by, I doubt the Pep factor is that big a deal to Sanchez (as they are all reporting) otherwise he'd just run out his contract. He wants to challenge for silverware and be paid in line with league's top players, he could go City, Man Utd or Chelsea and probably do both of those.

City suddenly becoming believers in not paying over the odds would be great, if they hadn't used half the gulf's oil stream to assemble one of the richest squads of all time beforehand. The disparity is so massive it'd be like us completing the Pogba deal and then refusing to pay for a 5p bag in sainos.

That's never an acceptable abbreviation for 'Sainsbury's'!

You mentalist. :nono:

This will go down as one of our greatest transfers to date in terms of value, we're getting Alexis Sanchez straight swap only for Mhikitaryan! Absolute madness

This will go down as one of our greatest transfers to date in terms of value, we're getting Alexis Sanchez straight swap only for Mhikitaryan! Absolute madness

You need to keep with the times, we are paying £180m minimum for Sanchez.

It isn't though. A 4-3-3 is with wingers and one striker. That formation has two strikers with Sanchez behind them.

A 433 doesn't have to have 'wingers'. Especially in the modern game.

Rom, Martial and Sanchez are capable of playing across the front line and interchanging, and I believe they will.

With the 3 in middle behind them - Herrera----Matic----Pogba

Sash! Make like its the dead of night you are sneaking out of the prison camp in disguise. Go mental when you hit the trees, unnoticed

Have to agree. We are offloading a player that hasn't really fit in. Arsenal are offloading a player they would lose for free in a few months. They are getting a player that they can tie down to a 4/5 year contract in a straight swap. We will pay AS more that we were paying HM but it's only costing us £100k more (plus the agents fee). It's a win/win for both clubs. That's why Wenger talked so openly about it this morning. he knows it's a good deal all round.

Reactions: Penna
Have to agree. We are offloading a player that hasn't really fit in. Arsenal are offloading a player they would lose for free in a few months. They are getting a player that they can tie down to a 4/5 year contract in a straight swap. We will pay AS more that we were paying HM but it's only costing us £100k more (plus the agents fee). It's a win/win for both clubs. That's why Wenger talked so openly about it this morning. he knows it's a good deal all round.

Well summarized. It's an excellent deal for Arsenal too.

A 433 doesn't have to have 'wingers'. Especially in the modern game.

Rom, Martial and Sanchez are capable of playing across the front line and interchanging, and I believe they will.

With the 3 in middle behind them - Herrera----Matic----Pogba
Call them what you will, it does have two wide players on each side of the striker and that's not what you lined up. You lined up a 4-1-2-1-2 formation with an attacking midfielder behind two strikers and there is nothing to suggest that Mourinho will ever consider switching to that formation, especially considering how we've got two excellent players who Mourinho sees as wide left players.

Status
Not open for further replies.