Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
As excited as I am for Alexis, I'm going to miss Mkhi. Was great/pivotal in our run to Europa last season, and scored one of the greatest goals I've ever seen at OT. He's been patchy and never quite the perfect fit, but his qualities are obvious and I hope he does well at Arsenal.

Sterling Archer

Ok so I'm all for the swap. I think it actually works out reasonably well for all parties involved.

@amolbhatia50k @GM K
It's now clear to me, however, why exactly I have been feeling sorry for Mhikitaryan. It's the increasing number of gifs and memes about dragging him away from the club. They are worth a chuckle once but I have a sour taste now as with a joke that's run its course. Theres a half dozen of them already Feels garish to so quickly turn on one of our players for the next new toy. I haven't heard a peep from him about slavery or questioning the club's ambition. His agent has been rather diplomatic both to club and manager. He's in bad form, ok. But he was also pretty good in winning our first Europa League title. Pretty endearing after dealing with the Moyes and LVG eras.

Gah. Its more than that. So much gushing over the bundesliga's player of the year when we signed him. To the extent that much of the forum wanted Jose reprimanded for not playing him more. And now, he's a joke and after thought? This flip flop (yes it's that even if it's been over the course of months) is unsettling.

I'd rather see more of the light heartedness directed at these petty rivals and journalists that have been taking the Money v Pep angle to throw shade on our club than pick on Mhiki.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
As excited as I am for Alexis, I'm going to miss Mkhi. Was great/pivotal in our run to Europa last season, and scored one of the greatest goals I've ever seen at OT. He's been patchy and never quite the perfect fit, but his qualities are obvious and I hope he does well at Arsenal.
I second this, when he was good he was damn near unplayable

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It's at least within the last week because we've only just rolled out the green trainingwear.
He was definitely wearing that outfit when he arrived at Carrington this morning. I can't see that pic being a fake or an old pic.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Roger that. You'd think he's been our worst ever signing judging by some of the shite in this thread.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

From the start.
If the part about Arsenal now having an ex Dortmund scout at the club and he recommended Malcom as Dembele's replacement (and recommended Dembele himself) then that's another one we need to be hijacking

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
If the part about Arsenal now having an ex Dortmund scout at the club and he recommended Malcom as Dembele's replacement (and recommended Dembele himself) then that's another one we need to be hijacking
We have our own highly regarded scout now, right? I agree though, get Malcom in for next season.

diarm

Can someone explain the 180mil to me?

Even if he's on 500k a week (which he isn't).
Even if we pay Arsenal 35mil (which we won't).
Even if we pay agents 15mil (which we won't).

That's still only 160odd million. What am I missing?

BarstoolProphet

Ok so I'm all for the swap. I think it actually works out reasonably well for all parties involved.

@amolbhatia50k @GM K
It's now clear to me, however, why exactly I have been feeling sorry for Mhikitaryan. It's the increasing number of gifs and memes about dragging him away from the club. They are worth a chuckle once but I have a sour taste now as with a joke that's run its course. Theres a half dozen of them already Feels garish to so quickly turn on one of our players for the next new toy. I haven't heard a peep from him about slavery or questioning the club's ambition. His agent has been rather diplomatic both to club and manager. He's in bad form, ok. But he was also pretty good in winning our first Europa League title. Pretty endearing after dealing with the Moyes and LVG eras.

Gah. Its more than that. So much gushing over the bundesliga's player of the year when we signed him. To the extent that much of the forum wanted Jose reprimanded for not playing him more. And now, he's a joke and after thought? This flip flop (yes it's that even if it's been over the course of months) is unsettling.

I'd rather see more of the light heartedness directed at these petty rivals and journalists that have been taking the Money v Pep angle to throw shade on our club than pick on Mhiki.

Completely agree. Hope we atleast applaud him when he's back at Old Trafford.

RedDevil@84

@amolbhatia50k @GM K

Agree.
The gifs and memes are over the top I feel. He has been in crap form for long, but it is not like he has been showing and attitude or boasting about his awesomeness in media. He has kept silence and behaved very well.

SSSSnake

People like to add a few tens of millions to make us look bad.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

20m signing on fee.

Dolf

This guy is claiming he saw them today and to be fair the outfit Mkhi has got on is the one he was wearing when he arrived for training.

It all makes sense now.

With "Tenemos papa" Pogba ment Raiola. It all adds up. Micky saying his goodbye to Pogba is believable too. He's gone if you ask me.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement
He's became a hostage of people's transfer expectations. It's harsh on him but overall his stint with us has been very underwhelming.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon

Most people are multiplying the wages by 4 years, instead of 4 and a half years. Otherwise it does work out to £180m. Anyway let’s wait for DiMarzio.

Also I don’t know why our fans feel the need to defend our spending, we’ve generated that money, we haven’t been given it by our owners like the other plastic teams in the league.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
Surely, surely we'll hear some announcement tomorrow ?
About 9pm seems to be the time everyone gives up and says 'Surely tomorrow, though'

Every day :lol:

ash_86

Supposedly sign on bonus of £20m

el3mel

About 9pm seems to be the time everyone gives up and says 'Surely tomorrow, though'

Every day :lol:
Yep, everyday I post the same post about waiting for tomorrow. This thread is starting to get boring now.

Come on I want to see him in our 7 shirt already. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.