Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link please.

f6e55a5012b189521b87929391a34d2f.png

It's just a camera quickly panning left and right but cameras etc. everywhere.

See way to many numbers thrown out without people showing their math so others can correct or double-check it.

14 000 000 (year) / 52 (weeks in a year) = 269 230~ per week
Reported to be pre-tax, so the following is really not needed:

If it were to be post-tax we'd be talking:
269 230 * 1,45 (45% top tax) = 390 383~ per week
Or 390 383 * 52 = 20 300 000~ yearly
Source for tax rates

Don’t think that right. If it’s 14m a year net, and we assume a 45% tax rate, then it should be 269230/(1-45%) which roughly gives you 490k a week gross. That’s assuming that the numbers being reported are correct.

Yeah that does look pretty promising! Looks like they're set up for a photoshoot?

I think this is where the press are getting these high figures from though. Di Mazrio is the best source on all this an his info was that City were going to pay him an incredible amount of money too.
Yeah, I'd agree it's likely. The press has gone with the narrative of money VS pep, so need to inflate the numbers to appear as high as possible. Just saying his wages would be 260k per week with us would make people disagree that he is going to us purely for the money, as opposed to doubling that and making big headlines.

Commercial activities could be anything. Remember there are NFL lads at Carrington today.

Don’t think that right. If it’s 14m a year net, and we assume a 45% tax rate, then it should be 269230/(1-45%) which roughly gives you 490k a week gross. That’s assuming that the numbers being reported are correct.
It's still being reported as 260k post taxes, the other part was just to indulge people, and I'm lucky enough that the Norwegian government sorts my taxes for me, so I'm perfectly happy to admit that my formula on the second part can be wrong.

Please watch this folks. He’s just as good on the right as he is on the left. As Wenger said, he’s more unpredictable on the right.

I know it’s at Barca, and they obviously played a different system to us, but I still would expect him to take up those positions he took up at Barca with us, should he play on the right.

I think he will.

The fact that it literally says commercial activities in the story might suggest that he is talking about commercial activities rather than him doing a behind the scenes video with Sanchez.

I do think its fair to ask questions about where this deal would leave Martial. Of course it doesnt spell the end for him, and it is hugely encouraging that Arsenal's advances were dismissed so quickly. But if Martial doesnt get games he is going to start getting restless eventually. I hope we see both of them in the same starting XI plenty of times but are we going to play Sanchez on the right? Doesnt seem likely. Neither does dropping Lukaku so that Martial can play up front. Hopefully Mourinho has a plan.

Martial is one of our important players. He's done fairly well for us this season.

We bought Sanchez for two reasons.
1. Ibrahimovic who was supposed to be a reliable backup to Lukaku has been misfiring and we don't have a reliable No. 9 to deliver us when Lukaku is injured or needs a rest or is off form. Mourinho has mentioned it umpteen times that Lukaku needs rest and he can't drop him because we have no one to do the job. That's where Sanchez fits in.
2. Our RW attack is abysmal especially when Valencia is not even playing. Our current RW include Mata, Mhiki and Lingard who all flourish when played central. Sanchez can do that job very effectively which is the reason Lucas Moura was our second choice.
3. Sanchez could also play off of Lukaku as a No. 10 as well since Lingard, Mata and more importantly Mhiki aren't consistent and cannot always break down teams that park the bus.

My opinion, Martial and Rashford will continue to battle it out at LW. Lukaku will play as ST and Sanchez will play just off of him or play as a RW/ RF with Valencia overlapping him.

In actuality, Sanchez was brought in for his versatility which will benefit us in totality but it won't' affect Martial given the form Martial is in, I don't see him not getting games.

Wouldn't look too much into the commercial activity stuff.

1. Sanchez was clearly just spotted in London.
2. Why would Herrera be there?
3. They're always filming and shooting inside that Carrington Dome.

We have a million Sponsors. It's most likely for one of them.

The fact that it literally says commercial activities in the story might suggest that he is talking about commercial activities rather than him doing a behind the scene video with Sanchez.

Casillero del Diablo commercial starring Alexis Sanchez! :drool:

As some pointed earlier Sanchez will take Mata's role, and Mata was never a pure right winger with Mourinho here. Sanchez will start the match on paper on the right but practically he'll be roaming the forward line with full freedom.

I think Sanchez will take Mata's spot and Lukaku will play more No.9 role than he is playing right now. However, I expect Martial and Sanchez to roam around freely in the build-up plays while we are still using Lingard to move the ball up for counter-attack.

Please watch this folks. He’s just as good on the right as he is on the left. As Wenger said, he’s more unpredictable on the right.

I know it’s at Barca, and they obviously played a different system to us, but I still would expect him to take up those positions he took up at Barca with us, should he play on the right.

I think he will.

Hmm IDK, we'll probably want him as out focal point, for which he needs to be left or centre.

Didn't hear about this?

It actually isn't a week, it's an hour. So £1.48m an hour for 30 hours a week is around 177m a month. Think that's right.
That's after tax and it only his dog's wage.

Takes a couple of hours to get up to Manchester. Herrera was there because he was at training today.

Could be announced today. Herrera just posted a video on Instagram of commercial activity in carrington.
Judging by the form Herrera has been on Sanchez could have walked straight past Herrera and he wouldnt have noticed.

Sanchez was in London still only like an hour ago, this isn't him.

I just meant that journos will start saying, based on confusion around net and gross and half baked salary rumours, that that's what it would be reported as eventually. I thought it would take a little longer but nope, about half hour.

I know we disagree on a lot but I'm pretty sure we are on the same side here. It's a really dumb way of reporting a transfer where the market-rate fee is going to the player in wages instead, as you would expect with a Bosman (or close to it) transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.