Alexis Sanchez | Done deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, sod it. I'm diving in head first. Tonight is the night :devil:

The maths in that article are a shambles.

£14m per year is £270k pw which sounds about right and matches the £90m total package mentioned (£55m salary, £30m value, £5m agent). If that is pre-tax as they claim the the total cost of the package is £145m which is obviously bollocks.

Like you said prices in England are always pre-tax and hardly anyone outside of the parties involved really knows how the contract is structured in terms of bonuses, image rights etc. We still have this antiquated view of reported salary which is almost always wrong and involves a shit on of hearsay. Depending on whether it lumps all clauses together or it reports only the base salary it can appear to be either very low or exorbitantly high to the uninformed parties (us).

Exactly, media wages figures are best taken with a dumper truck of salt.

Fantastic signing. I've spoken to a few older fans regarding this transfer and they seem to think it's alot of money (wages and fee) for a 29 year old. I personally think he will shock them all and be as influential to us as RVP was, albeit not as profilic when it comes to goalscoring.

The thought of him and Pogba on form is devastating.

It's gross. It's always gross.
The media will usually spin the costs to the highest amounts, especually when United are buying. Call the gross the net, then gross that up. Convert to Euros and call it pounds. Add in agent fees even if the other team is paying them, etc. Then they will call a 35m deal as a 100m deal, by rolling in all costs over the life of a contract if every incentive is met.

They were still saying that we paid 120m for Pogba, including the agent fees, even after Juve released the exact figure and said that they paid the agent.

At this point they have to support City's "must be the money" claim, even though we are offering basically the same.

I never really understand why wages are so interesting.

The top players all earn vastly more in a year than I will in a lifetime, that's just what it is. As long as the club are not overpaying to the point of bankruptcy, I don't care.

31st January 11pm - thats when it will be announced - if at all
I want him in before the Spurs match. Can't see Jose disagreeing with me.

Well I want him in for Saturday but I don't think he will be integrated into the squad in time for that now. Come on as sub maybe. Yeovil I'm not so fussed about.

€740k/week actually. Which in £ comes up to £1.48m a week.
It actually isn't a week, it's an hour. So £1.48m an hour for 30 hours a week is around 177m a month. Think that's right.

I've been camped in here for days. Haven't even looked at other parts of the Caf.

Must. Eat. Need. water.

It actually isn't a week, it's an hour. So £1.48m an hour for 30 hours a week is around 177m a month. Think that's right.

If true, he would be the second most overpaid footballer in United after Fellaini.

Status
Not open for further replies.