5.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

spiriticon

I have all the time in the world for Martial and Rashford to improve but zero time for a 29 year old supposedly world class superstar.

His biggest acheivement this season is stunting the development of the other two.

Get the feck to the right hand side and stay there.

Canagel

He's actually rubbish. Isn't bringing anything to the team. 90 minutes of nothing. Always giving the ball away. When he gets the ball he just runs into blind alleys. Not a team player either. Even Mkhi has been much better for us.

JoaquinJoaquin

I have all the time in the world for Martial and Rashford to improve but zero time for a 29 year old supposedly world class superstar.

His biggest acheivement this season is stunting the development of the other two.

Get the feck to the right hand side and stay there.
Why? Neither Martial or Rashford will become world class. At least we know Sanchez can be world class. He needs to be much better next season though. Hopefully a summer off will give him the break he needs.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He's actually rubbish. Isn't bringing anything to the team. 90 minutes of nothing. Always giving the ball away. When he gets the ball he just runs into blind alleys. Not a team player either.
He was always like this though

Woodenlung

We dropped our best attacking player in Martial for Sanchez.

We're probably going to sell Martial for some unknown reason yet keep this crap Chilean who has been garbage ever since since signing.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yep, we're stuck with him. Just need to hope some miracle occurs during preseason this summer.

Hope him getting an extra £75k per start is BS.
So do I. Mental to think he'd be getting a bonus each week that is more than what many of our players get weekly. If it is true, since signing alone he'd have earned about £1.4M through starts.

NoLogo

I agree with Damien who commented earlier that he was possibly on the wane and people thought it was just him not being committed. I don't think he's shite or anything, I think he'll have better performances next season, but he certainly wasn't anywhere near to being the best player in the league. I think we made him our highest paid player because we were fools, not because he's amazing. And we were desperate for a magician type player, which he's not without pace.
You might very well be right but isn't that anymore daming that our CEO and manager if they keep buying players that underperform regularly? So they failed basically no matter what, either they bought a has been player and massively overpaying on wages or they don't get one of the best attacking players in the world to perform up to the standard expected of him. No matter what it's not a good look for those in charge of our club.

spiriticon

Why? Neither Martial or Rashford will become world class. At least we know Sanchez can be world class. He needs to be much better next season though. Hopefully a summer off will give him the break he needs.
Considering your assumptions about Rashford and Martial, it would not be completely unfair to assume that Sanchez may not ever be world class again.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He reminds me of a player that is a legend in playgrounds but would never make it to a professional team. The dribbles he attempts consistently are completely absurd. He has neither the body, skill or acceleration to pull them off yet he still does - breaking records for possession loss with each game.

He has single handendly destroyed our team cohesion and style of play since joining in January.

Silas

So do I. Mental to think he'd be getting a bonus each week that is more than what many of our players get weekly. If it is true, since signing alone he'd have earned about £1.4M through starts.
Crazy. Not looking forward to Pogba's renewal.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
You might very well be right but isn't that anymore daming that our CEO and manager if they keep buying players that underperform regularly? So they failed basically no matter what, either they bought a has been player and massively overpaying on wages or they don't get one of the best attacking players in the world to perform up to the standard expected of him. No matter what it's not a good look for those in charge of our club.
Yeah, it's worrying. This summer is so so important. I think the club (Jose included) kinda panicked when Sanchez was available. To get him from under the nose of City, to shift the absolute passenger Mkhi, but at the cost of a very long contract and at an enormous wage is just indefensible.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's fairly simple, use him on the right as an impact player. Don't use him as one of the essential of your attacking game, his quality is obvious but his flaws are too.

Devil may care

He's had a couple of good halves for us but overall he's been really poor and was lucky to stay on today.

liamp

It's fairly simple, use him on the right as an impact player. Don't use him as one of the essential of your attacking game, his quality is obvious but his flaws are too.
I don't think playing him on the right makes much of a difference...it's the system (or lack thereof) that he's in. He's a player in decline, but I'm sure the right coach could identify a way to highlight the qualities he has left. I imagine that's the reason Pep was after him. I just don't have any faith in Mourinho to do that.

JPRouve

Scout
I don't think playing him on the right makes much of a difference...it's the system (or lack thereof) that he's in. He's a player in decline, but I'm sure the right coach could identify a way to highlight the qualities he has left. I imagine that's the reason Pep was after him. I just don't have any faith in Mourinho to do that.
You are right but my idea was to simply add in the one hole that we had and keep the functioning part alone. Because in my opinion our attack wasn't great but was functioning, the addition of Sanchez at its heart turned us into an fairly inefficient unit. This summer we nned to had someone in the spirit of Ozil who is able to organize things and pick the correct moment to involve guys like Sanchez, Martial and Lukaku.

Eddy_JukeZ

He runs. And ran some more.

And then provided feck all.

Was our worst player considering the money we pay him.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
We dropped our best attacking player in Martial for Sanchez.

We're probably going to sell Martial for some unknown reason yet keep this crap Chilean who has been garbage ever since since signing.
Yeah, but Sanchez runs so much, he has so much heart and he seems more like a bloke I'd have a pint with.

/s

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Sanchez has not played consistently on the right since his Barcelona days. If that was the solution, I am sure his managers who are SMEs in player management would have done that already. Sanchez has lost his explosiveness and his decision making makes it hard to understand which team he plays for.

The problem is our footballing philosophy. We don’t have a manager that understands how to structure the team to make intelligent forward movement, midfielder who makes better use of the ball, wingers who want to take defenders on and fullbacks who actually creates positive openings for the team. I have no doubt that if we swap Sanchez for Salah, Sanchez will look a much better player, while fans will be questioning why we signed Salah.

Silas

Okay this is worrying for me as a German to have someone with the username SS replying to someone whose username is almost Nazi. :lol:

Just kidding of course and a little bit of German angst. :nervous:
Sorry. :p

JPRouve

Scout
Sanchez has not played consistently on the right since his Barcelona days. If that was the solution, I am sure his managers who are SMEs in player management would have done that already. Sanchez has lost his explosiveness and his decision making makes it hard to understand which team he plays for.

The problem is our footballing philosophy. We don’t have a manager that understands how to structure the team to make intelligent forward movement, midfielder who makes better use of the ball, wingers who want to take defenders on and fullbacks who actually creates positive openings for the team. I have no doubt that if we swap Sanchez for Salah, Sanchez will look a much better player, while fans will be questioning why we signed Salah.
You are right but we bought him, we are stuck with him and we are stuck with Mourinho, so there is no point dreaming about a new philsophy. Also he is far worse than Lingard and Mata in the 10 slot and he is far worse than Martial on the left, so the right side is the solution with limited amount of touches.

Renegade

If Mkhi put in performances like he has, he’d be slaughtered by our manager in public. Hate the double standards in this team. Managers player of the year getting no minutes in the cup final I see.

Luke1995

His 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons were very good, if not world class then close to it. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't watched those games. If by next season with a full sumer of rest he still isn't performing like you expect then judge him.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
I didn't pay much attention to him at arsenal but I presume he wasn't this shit for them. I can't tell you what his best position is, nor what he is actually good at in this team. Perhaps he looked so good at arsenal because the rest are so poor. I'm sick of us having a team of players who don't have out and out positions. I wish we could go back to the good old days when things were simpler..... stick Beckham on the right, Giggs on the left, Keano and Scholes in the middle and Yorke and Cole up front.

This shift to 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 or 3-5-2 has just meant shoe horning players into a system... or worse still creating a system for the players rather than buying players for the system.

Kapardin

If Mkhi put in performances like he has, he’d be slaughtered by our manager in public. Hate the double standards in this team. Managers player of the year getting no minutes in the cup final I see.
Mkhi was atleast fluking a few assists and goals in every other game.

Tiber

I have never understood this signing.

And considering his age? It bloody better start making sense on the first week of next season

LeftyBlaster

He's actually rubbish. Isn't bringing anything to the team. 90 minutes of nothing. Always giving the ball away. When he gets the ball he just runs into blind alleys. Not a team player either. Even Mkhi has been much better for us.
I believe I said on this forum that Alexis would struggle for us because Jose is shit at coaching attacking football. I got a lot of flak for that. As always I’m right.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I thought the signing made perfect sense, as I thought there'd be a chance he'd be playing on the right, like he did at Barca, since that's where the gaping hole in the squad was, and our left hand side was functioning quite well.

Instead, he takes the place of a left sided forward (Martial or Rashford usually) but he's very rarely positioned on the left during the game. He just occupies the same space as Pogba, Lingard, Mata or whoever else is in that position. We look narrow and congested. He even seems to refuse to play the ball out wide to overlapping fullbacks. Everything he does is central. I'm sure he never used to play like this.

He's had 2 or 3 very good games, but loads of disjointed ones where he looks a bit hopeless. I'm glad we didn't pay a fee for him, and we traded a player we were getting nothing out of to get him, but he has cost us a great deal of balance and functionality.

Mickfoley

We should use him in a deal involving one of our main targets. I always wanted him here and have had patience so far but it's getting ridiculous. He is simply too slow, he used to be quicker. If an academy player was playing like him even he would be getting slated.

Fer

Maybe Alexis could do a better job as forward next to Lukaku (Martial/Rashford as cover). Also, with a top No.10 behind them with proper fullbacks.

Mickfoley

I agree, Sanchez would still be crazy good for a team like Liverpool.

RyRoc

He's been trash. Works his socks off, but every time he gets the ball he holds onto it so long and completely stops our momentum and ends up making the wrong pass or trying a very low percentage pass. Needs to do much better next year to justify his wages.
He has literally always been like this , that’s his game. A bit like a winger who keeps trying to go pass his man. 5/7 times he won’t but you have him in there because the 2/7 times he does have the potential to cause all sorts of issues.

So far watching him in a United shirt in general play I haven’t seen too much difference to what he did with us. I think we got him on the ball a bit more but overall not too much difference. BUT crucially for us he got in the box a lot more and more than that - he was very efficient when in there and that’s something I have hardly seen with United.

So with Arsenal he was having frustrating moments in games but it was worth it because he would usually provide at least one quality chance or be on the end of one himself. The latter part simply hasn’t happened at United. Let’s see if a rest and full pre-season transforms him

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
He has literally always been like this , that’s his game. A bit like a winger who keeps trying to go pass his man. 5/7 times he won’t but you have him in there because the 2/7 times he does have the potential to cause all sorts of issues.

So far watching him in a United shirt in general play I haven’t seen too much difference to what he did with us. I think we got him on the ball a bit more but overall not too much difference. BUT crucially for us he got in the box a lot more and more than that - he was very efficient when in there and that’s something I have hardly seen with United.

So with Arsenal he was having frustrating moments in games but it was worth it because he would usually provide at least one quality chance or be on the end of one himself. The latter part simply hasn’t happened at United. Let’s see if a rest and full pre-season transforms him
I am really interested if anyone can find his stats. While I believe that his passing percentage, maybe even key passes have been similar I am pretty certain he shots much less than in Arsenal. I remember few games where he didn't even have a shot on target, can't remember that happening in Arsenal.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Very frustrating so far for United. I wonder how he would have coped had he joined City? Pep would not have allowed him to lose the ball so consistently and be the focal point of most attacks. I also feel he's playing too deep to be really effective in our attacks. He does, however, give his all for the duration of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.