Adrien Rabiot - you're not going to believe this but his Mum is his agent and a circus

It would be madness not to make an offer - especially with the weaknesses we have in central midfield.

Come on, his mother is not "dreadful baggage". That he left as a free agent twice means he honored his contract (twice). Isn't that a good thing?

I'm not saying he's a world class signing, but I'm honestly tired of all the myths being made up about him.

No. When Utd sign a player for 3 or 4 years do you want them to leave for free at the end of it?

He'd want a big signing on fee and wages we don't want to be entertaining. The type of profile we used to go after with Woody. If McT, Eriksen and Casemiro all leave then maybe he comes into consideration.

He'd want a big signing on fee and wages we don't want to be entertaining. The type of profile we used to go after with Woody. If McT, Eriksen and Casemiro all leave then maybe he comes into consideration.

Well IF that's indeed the case then INEOS won't entertain the idea and he will go elsewhere

It would be madness not to make an offer - especially with the weaknesses we have in central midfield.
It would be madness to make an offer.

Insane sign on fee and wages, for a player at the wrong end of his career who will decline. Casemiro mark2

I'm curious as to who his potential suitors would be, i.e. who would stomach the inevitably extortionate demands his mother would expect in terms of wages and sign on fee. I can't see any premier league clubs entertaining it except for perhaps someone like Newcastle, but I doubt he'd want to spend the season playing no European football. The top clubs don't really have a need for midfielders, certainly not at his wages.

Outside of the PL it appears that most of the top clubs are trying to shave their respective wage bills or simply don't need a player of his profile.

I'd entertain negotiations with him, but draw a hard line in regards to what we're willing to offer him on a take it or leave it basis. If he (or mummy Rabiot) turns it down, then they're free to try and fleece someone else. I don't think he holds as much leverage as he thinks he does as a free agent this time round.

Failing that he could just call time on his high level career and fetch the biggest bag he can get in Saudi.

He’s the perfect type for a short term number add to midfield. The issue will be how much he’ll want to be paid. Throw out an offer with something like 150-170k per week with a signing bonus and some performance bonuses. If he scoffs at it, move on and resign Amrabat for cheap instead.

Either way, we need to sell Casemiro and bring in two signings capable of playing in the 6. Him and Ugarte would be a decent coup for relatively cheap.

It would be madness to make an offer.

Insane sign on fee and wages, for a player at the wrong end of his career who will decline. Casemiro mark2

I am still not convinced Casemiro has declined as bad as is said - I am pretty certain it's how we used him which is the issue...

He was a starter for France at the Euros so he's easily good enough, better than all our midfielders except Bruno and Mainoo.

He was a starter for France at the Euros so he's easily good enough, better than all our midfielders except Bruno and Mainoo.
And as far as I remember France played like crap all tournament. Kante looked better than him.

He's slow, he doesn't work hard enough defensively, he'll be on massive wages. Hard pass. Might as well keep Scotty, at least he's from our academy.

I am not sure that he has the right player profile, not sure where he would fit into the team, I mean I would have serious concerns under previous regime that we would offer £300k a week to get him through the door, then like Casemiro are stuck with him, I do not see INEOS making a similar offer, if we offer it will be well thought out and will fit within their financial strategy, but if the bald moron thinks he fits and we can get him on a financial package that works for us why not

I wouldn't read too much into that, Deschamps is a notorious football terrorist and likes to play excessively cautiously despite the abundance of talent at his disposal. Its why he's a regular starter in that setup. Similar to how Southgate insisted on a double pivot of Rice and Phillips in previous tournaments, even against weaker opposition.

Every fecking summer this guys name pops up like a bad smell. We’ve already got an Amrabat at home, we don’t need another one with a piss poor attitude and mental agent/mother talking shit most weeks. Not to mention the £200k a week they’re probably demanding.

I am not sure that he has the right player profile, not sure where he would fit into the team, I mean I would have serious concerns under previous regime that we would offer £300k a week to get him through the door, then like Casemiro are stuck with him, I do not see INEOS making a similar offer, if we offer it will be well thought out and will fit within their financial strategy, but if the bald moron thinks he fits and we can get him on a financial package that works for us why not
He'd instantly be our best player in a no 6. role or a more combative and physical 8. He would partner extremely well with Mainoo. The wages would be the only issue with this transfer, not his quality.

Thanks, but no thanks. The "we need a CM and he's one, plus he's played for PSG/Juve/France, so open the purse" line of thinking had got us where we are. Expect better from the new guys

Every fecking summer this guys name pops up like a bad smell. We’ve already got an Amrabat at home, we don’t need another one with a piss poor attitude and mental agent/mother talking shit most weeks. Not to mention the £200k a week they’re probably demanding.
I'm sorry, what about Amrabat shows that he has "piss poor attitude"?

We played him in the position he has played all his career - his legs have gone
We played him in the most open midfield of all time though, with no help whatsoever. Ok, that's probably a slight exaggeration, but no player could have made it work last season. The amount of space that we constantly had between the five attacking players and the four defenders was ridiculous, and we somehow expected one player to cover all that space by themselves.

That's not to say that Casemiro isn't declining as he obviously is, but our system last season probably made that decline look worse than it really is.

People are still imagining a bad attitude? :lol:

1c7c787d297b29ab62b80c6d23e73d55.jpg

If Casemiro doesn’t leave, even with the sale of Mctominay I see it hard for us to spend more than £40m on a midfielder. I think this would be the best option unless PSG accept a loan to buy for Ugarte.

If
No. When Utd sign a player for 3 or 4 years do you want them to leave for free at the end of it?

If we paid another club big money to acquire any player then no I would not want to lose the player for nothing.

However if the player joins us for free (excluding signing on fees) then I don’t see any problem with that.

Personally I think it’s worth a punt, just talk to him and if his mum starts asking for crazy sign on fees that we can walk away.

for me he's a better midfielder than McTominay, Eriksen, Mount and probably Casemiro now as well

I am not sure why so many are massively against it.. his mum is his agent? I couldn't give a feck

obviously, if he asks for wages we deem too much we'll walk away..

I'd offer to match his Juve wage and see if he fancies it, if not no harm done at all

29 years old, If we could get him on a two year contract and nothing more. Can't be making the same mistakes of the past with Casemeiro and Eriksen. He just fits this profile of player and looks like the type of player Ineos would be completely against signing.

Hopefully we sign Ugarte and we still need one more body in midfield but just don't see him as a viable option unless we have to. Casemeiro, Scott need to leave to free up funds. We definitly need another body there along with Ugarte if he signs and don't think Rabiot is that player.

Last edited:
Rabiot on a free and Ugarte on loan with an option to buy would be great business.

I doubt he’s going to accept a 2 year contract. At 29 it’s his last major contract. At best he’s going to accept a three plus one. Most likely hell be looking for a 4 year deal from someone.

As others have said, I’d take him on a two year deal, but I doubt those are terms he’d accept. Personally I’d be with anything up to 3 years. Meaning he’d be 32 at the end of his final season, but anything more than that and we are likely to have a player on our books, on high wages, for at least 1 year, who is a bit part player at best.

It’s impossible to judge when the decline will occur, but general observation tells us that signing players to contracts beyond 31/32, is rarely a good idea, and should only be done on a rolling 12 month basis. Our philosophy under Fergie/Gill was always 12 month rolling deals for players over 30/31, with very few exceptions.

Van Persie at 29 on a four year deal was one of the few I can think of. And he was seen as almost a guarantee of another title. Very different situation to signing Rabiot

The guy is a mercenary, him and his mother.

I remember when he had a year left on his contract and we wanted him, they demanded a small fortune from United, something ridiculous that even we werent willing ot pay.

Now he suddenly "dreams" of playing for United when there's no transfer fee involved and he knows we can throw money at him.

Avoid him like the plague, all we will eventually get is a toxic player with average performances.

for me he's a better midfielder than McTominay, Eriksen, Mount and probably Casemiro now as well

I am not sure why so many are massively against it.. his mum is his agent? I couldn't give a feck

obviously, if he asks for wages we deem too much we'll walk away..

I'd offer to match his Juve wage and see if he fancies it, if not no harm done at all

If we manage to get Ugarte we then have Ugarte and Mainoo as our longterm midfield options with Rabiot being able to play both positions. I usually don't like it when we sign players in his age profile but if we are adding him to midfielders who are under 25 then it isn't so bad.