Adrien Rabiot - you're not going to believe this but his Mum is his agent and a circus

Aye, lets be honest he's miles better than McT, Casemiro, Eriksen etc at this stage. On a free with a highly incentivised deal, he'd be a good option to have.
Yep, a starting midfielder for France as a number 8 option when we don't have many is a no-brainer for me. It seems like we only want number 6s or number 10s in midfield with no in between.

Yes please. Really like his profile and would give us some composure in midfield.

Is that been reported, him wanting a big increase on his salary?
I thought I’d read Juve had offered him nearer to £200k a few weeks back. If he’s knocked that back then he won’t be coming to us.

I thought I’d read Juve had offered him nearer to £200k a few weeks back. If he’s knocked that back then he won’t be coming to us.

IF INEOS are interested in offering him deal then it will be on their terms,they certainly don't just throw in towel as evidenced by Yoro

He's the wrong age profile as well. INEOS are building a squad 18-24 is the key demographic for recruitment. Rabiot would end up doing a Casemiro and we would have a past his best after a season with us, came for the huge pay packet player we need to get rid of.

Rather INEOS stuck to the 18-24 recruitment age. Build for the future.

He's the wrong age profile as well. INEOS are building a squad 18-24 is the key demographic for recruitment. Rabiot would end up doing a Casemiro and we would have a past his best after a season with us, came for the huge pay packet player we need to get rid of.

They are also open to people in last year of contracts hence the potential interest in Toney. Like I said in a post in transfer tweets thread I don't know where they stand on free agents.

Very competent midfielder and will be an upgrade on McT, Eriksen, and maybe even Casemiro. Good passer, good on the ball, presses, can do the defensive work, and is also quite tall and strong.

We absolutely need someone that can give Mainoo a break...this is that signing.

Don't think he's anywhere near worth the salary he'll want, especially given his ludicrous demands last time we went after him.

I don't understand why is there so much discussion on this thread when no credible source has connected us to Rabiot.

I don't understand why is there so much discussion on this thread when no credible source has connected us to Rabiot.
He's a free agent, and a regular for France, plus United will have to make choices to address multiple positions with actually functional players.

Because we tried to sign him last year and he rejected us to sign a new contract with Juve.

We have been in for him twice before, including while Ten Hag has been here. It’s not too outlandish to suggest we might be back in for him again now that he’s a free agent once more.

Considering our midfield situation and that we don't have unlimited funds to get all the players we need this wouldn't be a bad deal if the wages are right. He's 29 to a 3+1 contract with wages around 120K wouldn't be the worst of deals.

If he's asking for crazy wages of 200K or something we should pass, he's not a bad player but isn't anything to write home about either.

We need to build a team for the future, so I'm glad we're targeting younger players but this could be an stop gap if the price is right. Of course no credible sources have linked us to him until now.

A stopgap or 2 with low/no transfer fees may be necessary and possibly beneficial. Due to PSR, INEOS cannot afford to be pedantic in their approach to transfers at this point in time.
In future, they will be able to mould the squad according their stated philosophy provided their interim signings are prudent.

Also didn't he turn us down because he wanted more money? Or am I thinking of a different player..
Same player, he wanted crazy wages from us and a transfer fee of £15m to Juve on top of that. Be worth a punt on £120k a week but he won’t settle for that and will be after double that for a final payday.

If his wages is below 200k I think it's going to be okay. 175k would be okay.

A stopgap or 2 with low/no transfer fees may be necessary and possibly beneficial. Due to PSR, INEOS cannot afford to be pedantic in their approach to transfers at this point in time.
In future, they will be able to mould the squad according their stated philosophy provided their interim signings are prudent.
This is Rabiot we are talking about. His signing on fee and wages will be insane. He's turned down 200k a week at Juventus, where they have more tax breaks for footballers. Coming over here he will want 275k-300k a week and demand to be a starter.

Not a player you want in your new regime, maybe under the old one.

What is the "dreadful baggage" that you speak of?

His mother agent

Consider that he's walked out on both PSG and Juventus on free transfers. He'd have no problem doing the same here

Granted hes 29 so you probably only want him 2-3 years anyway. But I'm going to guess the terms of getting him on a free transfer for his late 20s and early 30s is going to be astronomical and make his Juve deal look like peanuts

It's misleading to describe him as 'free'. He's demand a huge wage and a three-year (at least) contract. It's exactly the kind of signing we have hopefully learned our lesson over. Lots of posters here who will criticise signings of Casemiro, Varane, Eriksen etc yet seem to want this.

There are plenty of young little-known players we could gamble on for £10m or so on low wages and end up spending the same amount we would on Rabiot's wages and agent fee. No real risk, decent chance of resale value even if they're not a great success. One fewer big egos in the dressing room.

His mother agent

Consider that he's walked out on both PSG and Juventus on free transfers. He'd have no problem doing the same here

Granted hes 29 so you probably only want him 2-3 years anyway. But I'm going to guess the terms of getting him on a free transfer for his late 20s and early 30s is going to be astronomical and make his Juve deal look like peanuts
Come on, his mother is not "dreadful baggage". That he left as a free agent twice means he honored his contract (twice). Isn't that a good thing?

I'm not saying he's a world class signing, but I'm honestly tired of all the myths being made up about him.

It's misleading to describe him as 'free'. He's demand a huge wage and a three-year (at least) contract. It's exactly the kind of signing we have hopefully learned our lesson over. Lots of posters here who will criticise signings of Casemiro, Varane, Eriksen etc yet seem to want this.

There are plenty of young little-known players we could gamble on for £10m or so on low wages and end up spending the same amount we would on Rabiot's wages and agent fee. No real risk, decent chance of resale value even if they're not a great success. One fewer big egos in the dressing room.

I didn't criticise Eriksen deal and see it as a very similar type one,yes I will admit I didn't expect Varane and Casemiro to drop off quite so much.

God I hate Rabiot.
You know the player we needed, and we've missed the bus on him - Mathias Nunes. We should have gone balls out to Wolves for him before City went in - his career is stagnating at City now he only played 650 minutes last year for them but hed be absolutely HUGE for us. Shame.

God I hate Rabiot.
You know the player we needed, and we've missed the bus on him - Mathias Nunes. We should have gone balls out to Wolves for him before City went in - his career is stagnating at City now he only played 650 minutes last year for them but hed be absolutely HUGE for us. Shame.

Why do you hate him?

They are also open to people in last year of contracts hence the potential interest in Toney. Like I said in a post in transfer tweets thread I don't know where they stand on free agents.
We only have to look at Ozil, Abumeyang, Salah, Sanches and countless others who get to 29/30, want that last huge contract and performances then drop off.