Adrien Rabiot | signs 1 year deal at Juventus. See you all next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we actually need 3 midfielders to really have a world class engine. Again it all depends on who buys the club and who leaves the club;

Assuming we sell, loan or release the following ;
S Mctominay- £35m, DVB £15m, H Mejbri
( loan), k Mainoo (Loan), Sabitzer (Returns),

That would leave us with ; Casemeiro, Bruno, Ericsen, Fred, all nearing 30 or over we need a young 22-24,dynamic midfielder, A tall BTB midfielder to replace Scott and a genuine number 8/10 to get goals

Ideal - DM/CM / D Rice or M Caciedo £85m
Ideal - CM/BTB / A Rabiot (28) £Free
Ideal - 8/10 /J Maddison or M Kudas £40m

Acceptable - DM/CM / R Lavia £30m
Acceptable- CM/BTB / A Onana £45m
Acceptable- 8/10 / P Duballa £20m

I think with our money constraints we will be looking at Lavia, Rabiot and Dyballa and spend £50m max huge upgrade however

If we had midfield options of : Casemeiro, Lavia, Rabiot, Bruno, Fred, Ericsen and Dyballa, this would be a huge upgrade on our current options.

Add KMJ and V Osimhen or H Kane and we would be an 85/90 point PL team and probably challenge

Ambitious, but I'd bring him in and try to get Caicedo and Lavia alongside him, while selling Fred, McTominay and Donny. That would massively bolster our squad of mids and raise our bottom level significantly.

This time last year I would was 110% against signing him because he's showed nothing but a level of immaturity in his football career but his performances at the World Cup was absolutely sublime. Every time I've watched him for Juventus too he's been their best midfielder by a distance.

Don't know why the sudden change but he's improved immensely as a footballer. He would be a great signing based on his form throughout the entire season

Totally agree with you, he’s matured, added goals and is hugely influential in the engine room now, his passing is underrated too !

This time last year I would was 110% against signing him because he's showed nothing but a level of immaturity in his football career but his performances at the World Cup was absolutely sublime. Every time I've watched him for Juventus too he's been their best midfielder by a distance.

Don't know why the sudden change but he's improved immensely as a footballer. He would be a great signing based on his form throughout the entire season

It's not sudden, he has always been the same player with the same maturity in his game.

28 isn't ideal but he's got plenty of time left IMO. Not special, but a decent player who would do well next to casemiro and make us solid and improve us in possession. Given priority up top and goalkeeper (hopefully), i understand it. Hope we also do a younger guy like lavia or kokcu.

Surely we’ve got to be looking at some younger players in midfield, I assumed the Casemiro and Eriksen signings would buy us time to do that.

He’d make more sense than Sabitzer at least, who would be a pointless signing, but if his wage demands were too much last year it’s hard to see the happening as likely to be demanding a lot more on a free transfer.

I could see a summer like this:

Attack
Out - Weghorst, Sancho, Elanga or Pellistri
In - Kane, Amad

Midfield
Out - McTominay, Van De Beek, Sabitzer
In - Kokcu, Rabiot

Defence
Out - Dalot, Maguire, Jones
In - Min-Jae, Frimpong, Alvaro

Keeper
Out - Butland or Heaton
In - Sommer/Raya

type thing. We spend about 15M in net, 40M on D in fees, 15M in midfield (and signing on fees for Rabiot) and 50M in attack (Sancho decent fee coming back, we overpay for Kane) which is not too much over the mooted 100M budget

That would be a nicely balanced team:

Rashford(Garnacho)----------Kane(Martial)-------------Antony(Amad)
-----------------------Eriksen(Kokcu)---------------Bruno(Fred)------------------
-----------------------------------------Casemiro(Rabiot)--------------------------------
Shaw(Malacia)-Lisandro(Lindelof)---Varane(Min-Jae)---Frimpong(WanBissaka)
--------------------------------------------De Gea/Raya------------------------------------

with Pellistri or Elanga as the 7th attacker, Mainoo as the 7th midfielder and Alvaro as the 9th defender, Heaton or Butland as the 3rd keeper and that's 26 guys which feels about right. Bit light at striker, maybe another one year loan like a Leicester forward (Vardy, Daka or Iheanacho), a Leeds one (Trickier obviously, but Bamford and Rodrigo would be okay as 3rd options) or a teenage prospect.

I thought this guy was supposed to be a bit of a gobshite? Aren’t we supposed to be offloading our gobshites in favour of trustworthy souls?

I've got a feeling Rabiot might be one of the players ETH is referring to when he says players are more keen to join now than they were last year. Last year it seemed like he was willing to come, but not neccessarily desperate and wanted to be compensated for the fact we weren't very good in financial terms.

He'd still demand a hefty salary because he is going to be leveraging the fact he's a free agent, but of course...no transfer fee does make a difference.

I thought this guy was supposed to be a bit of a gobshite? Aren’t we supposed to be offloading our gobshites in favour of trustworthy souls?
His mum is a gobshite. He needed to do some growing up at PSG and it looks like he’s done that at Juve. On a free, he’d be an excellent signing.

Truthfully Mctominay, Fred and VDB should all probably leave which leaves room for 3 midfield signings. We won't have the budget for that so if we tick one of them off with a free signing it's a no brainer.

A partner for Casemiro and a deputy for Casemiro have to be priority.

Caicedo and Rabiot in, Fred and McTominay out and our CM options are sorted.

He'd be a savvy budget signing that would be an upgrade on either Mct or Fred. If we get him + Caicedo or Orkun Kokcu our midfield will be significantly better next season. (Caicedo being my dream summer midfield signing.)

Ditto. Rabiot and Caicedo are the dream. If Brighton take the piss with the Caicedo fee we should go for Ugarte as the alternative.

Kokcu looks good but he seems to be more of a Bruno/De Bruyne type of midfielder who looks to make things happen. Think we need someone calmer and who retains the ball better, which I think both Caicedo and Ugarte offer, as well as being ball winning machines.

The other midfielder to get would be Alex Scott from Bristol City and loan him out for another year before he replaces Eriksen’s place the year after. Unfortunately we don’t seem to have the ability to squad plan that effectively though.

I could see a summer like this:

Attack
Out - Weghorst, Sancho, Elanga or Pellistri
In - Kane, Amad

Midfield
Out - McTominay, Van De Beek, Sabitzer
In - Kokcu, Rabiot

Defence
Out - Dalot, Maguire, Jones
In - Min-Jae, Frimpong, Alvaro

Keeper
Out - Butland or Heaton
In - Sommer/Raya

type thing. We spend about 15M in net, 40M on D in fees, 15M in midfield (and signing on fees for Rabiot) and 50M in attack (Sancho decent fee coming back, we overpay for Kane) which is not too much over the mooted 100M budget

That would be a nicely balanced team:

Rashford(Garnacho)----------Kane(Martial)-------------Antony(Amad)
-----------------------Eriksen(Kokcu)---------------Bruno(Fred)------------------
-----------------------------------------Casemiro(Rabiot)--------------------------------
Shaw(Malacia)-Lisandro(Lindelof)---Varane(Min-Jae)---Frimpong(WanBissaka)
--------------------------------------------De Gea/Raya------------------------------------

with Pellistri or Elanga as the 7th attacker, Mainoo as the 7th midfielder and Alvaro as the 9th defender, Heaton or Butland as the 3rd keeper and that's 26 guys which feels about right. Bit light at striker, maybe another one year loan like a Leicester forward (Vardy, Daka or Iheanacho), a Leeds one (Trickier obviously, but Bamford and Rodrigo would be okay as 3rd options) or a teenage prospect.
Since when did our club have the capability to pull off such a summer? We'd be "monitoring" the bids right to the last week of the window, only to overpay for them anyway. Fellaini in 2013 kind of stuff.

He is a good a player and adds quality to our midfield, not a top class if you may, but still at the very least 2 or 3 levels above McFred, and close to Eriksen/Cas.

It really obvious why Ten Hag starts Eriksen/Cas in every game when they are available, and the answer is simple because McTominay & Fred and extremely bad on the ball for the top level, Rabiot represents a marked improvement on McFred.

Ambitious, but I'd bring him in and try to get Caicedo and Lavia alongside him, while selling Fred, McTominay and Donny. That would massively bolster our squad of mids and raise our bottom level significantly.

Won't sign both of them

Tanzi is reliable journalist. But I'm not sure if this guy is what we need to do Eriksen's role. But he's miles better than McFred so I'm good if we sell McFred and replaced them with Rabiot. If we can sell McFred who are on 180k pw combined and give 180k pw to Rabiot, that's like adding 20m-25m (assume if we can get 20m-25m for both McFred combined) to our transfer budget.

How come he is available on a free?

Id be all for it, fantastic player on his day. Not sure about consistency levels though.

How come he is available on a free?

Id be all for it, fantastic player on his day. Not sure about consistency levels though.
Out of contract in 2023 and about time Juventus take their own medicine losing good player on free.

Tanzi is reliable journalist. But I'm not sure if this guy is what we need to do Eriksen's role. But he's miles better than McFred so I'm good if we sell McFred and replaced them with Rabiot. If we can sell McFred who are on 180k pw combined and give 180k pw to Rabiot, that's like adding 20m-25m (assume if we can get 20m-25m for both McFred combined) to our transfer budget.

Keep telling myself surely if he was coming in on a free we are still going to bring in another midfielder as well. Obviously I am unsure what profile of player that would be.

Keep telling myself surely if he was coming in on a free we are still going to bring in another midfielder as well. Obviously I am unsure what profile of player that would be.

IMO keeper is priority. I can deal with Eriksen as our starting XI midfielder rotated with Rabiot but I'm not sure if we ever be able to evolve our possession game against high press with DDG as our keeper. An additional midfielder should be someone who is cheap like 25m or 20m max. Has anyone watch Alex Scott from Bristol?

IMO keeper is priority. I can deal with Eriksen as our starting XI midfielder rotated with Rabiot but I'm not sure if we ever be able to evolve our possession game against high press with DDG as our keeper. An additional midfielder should be someone who is cheap like 25m or 20m max. Has anyone watch Alex Scott from Bristol?

Ideally we get Lavia or Caicedo,could Rabiot provide that player to progress the ball through midfield or still need to get a playmaker too.

Ideally we get Lavia or dream buy is Caicedo
I actually not sure if signing both Lavia and Rabiot is necessary because Rabiot can offer what Lavia does in defensive aspect. Rabiot can't offer what Eriksen does with creativity and playmaking.

I actually not sure if signing both Lavia and Rabiot is necessary because Rabiot can offer what Lavia does in defensive aspect. Rabiot can't offer what Eriksen does with creativity and playmaking.

So we still need to get a Barella type then

So we still need to get a Barella type then
Honestly, depends on the budget. If I have to set the minimum of what I expect in transfer window, I'm still satisfied if we end up with the following three:

Maignan/Costa
Kane/Osimhen
Rabiot to rotate with Casemiro and Eriksen

Maignan/Costa
AWB/Dalot Varane Martinez Shaw
Casemiro Eriksen
Antony Bruno Rashford
Kane/Osimhen
New RB would be nice though. While new midfielder will depend on how much left we have after selling.

He’s had a really good season which suggests the fallen move fired him up. He’s been bang up for it over there. If he can bring this version of rabiot to us, it’s a very good signing on a free.

As a free transfer this is a no brainier. He for some reason draws a lot of hate from the media when his name is brought up, which has given a reputation of being a non league level player.

despite this he played a big role in the WC for france and has had a good season overall for Juventus.

He’s a better player than Sabitzer who I’m not convinced about yet.

Honestly, depends on the budget. If I have to set the minimum of what I expect in transfer window, I'm still satisfied if we end up with the following three:

Maignan/Costa
Kane/Osimhen
Rabiot to rotate with Casemiro and Eriksen

Maignan/Costa
AWB/Dalot Varane Martinez Shaw
Casemiro Eriksen
Antony Bruno Rashford
Kane/Osimhen
New RB would be nice though.

I could live with that. Would cost us around 200 mill though

He’s on about £180k now. So being on a free. He’ll probably demand around £250k.

You have to remember the transfer fee is normally added on the books to players salary. So it’s still cheaper than keeping Fred. The £15m we was going to give Juve last season we can give him half of that on his wages.

I could live with that. Would cost us around 200 mill though

I don't think it will cost us more than 150m pounds. If we are going Costa who I think will cost 40m-45m pounds because Porto are reported need to make 50m euro from selling before they can buy new player, and Kane cost 100m, then total only cost us 140m-145m + Free Rabiot. It's very realistic to make 40m-45m from selling (100m budget).

Seems like he is playing well for last year or so. I heard similar stories in his PSG term as well. Plays well when his contract is near but otherwise looks disinterested and appears lazy.

He has never appeared lazy or disinterested.

Ditto. Rabiot and Caicedo are the dream. If Brighton take the piss with the Caicedo fee we should go for Ugarte as the alternative.

Kokcu looks good but he seems to be more of a Bruno/De Bruyne type of midfielder who looks to make things happen. Think we need someone calmer and who retains the ball better, which I think both Caicedo and Ugarte offer, as well as being ball winning machines.

The other midfielder to get would be Alex Scott from Bristol City and loan him out for another year before he replaces Eriksen’s place the year after. Unfortunately we don’t seem to have the ability to squad plan that effectively though.
Ugarte is reportedly negotiating with Liverpool, he has a €60m release clause.

I agree about Alex Scott, I think he'd be a great long term solution but I think we might wait and see how Hannibal/Mainoo develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.